Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

You get adapters for it haha but they limit the speed incredibly

I was thinking of that, but I have never seen one

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I was thinking of that, but I have never seen one

To be honest I have no idea why anyone would ever want to use one as it is that slow it would probably cripple your PC

I'm using a Laptop (Getting a Desktop soon though)

VGA, My Secondary Monitor uses VGA because my laptop only has an HDMI and VGA

Sticky comma key on my crappy keyboard combo with a crappy mouse (will be fixed soon though as I am getting a Steelseries Apex and Logitech G700S)

logitech-wireless-combo-mk520.png

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

How can you even plug that in with new motherboards as they no longer have IDE connections

my mobo for some reason has one.... even though its sata2/3 and has usb3....

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

everything, but toped off by VGA and dust

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

For me it's the fact I didn't build it. I built quite a lot of computers since I got mine and did a lot of edits to my build, but still, it's not completely my work.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

To be honest I have no idea why anyone would ever want to use one as it is that slow it would probably cripple your PC

Not for a DVD drive.  I don't think bluray even came as PATA.

I have sata native DVDRW drives, and PATA natives ones.  I have used usb2 to pata adapters and sata to pata adapters with the pata ones and there is no appreciable speed difference between them and the native one.  This was when I had a phenom II x6 at 4GHz with a modern gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard.

DVD drives even the top speed ones are quite slow, really.  Even the fastest sata ones internally work at ATA66 standards (check DMESG when booted into linux sometime to see such deep in the guts data).

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

My iPhone 4, thought apple was gonna be awesome like just about everyone says it is, turns out it actually sucks.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

my two amd hd7770 in crossfire. the microstuttering was unbearable

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

That I have a 270x, getting a 280x or 770 this year.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

The fact that it's a Mac.

Before I get completely dunked on, my dad bought it for his work (he's a musician)... in 2007.

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 270X. I'm probably looking at getting a 270 in September for my first real PC - either that or a 760, we'll see.

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

270x isn't that bad, I mean the 280x will be more fitting for your current build

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I still have a 7750. 1GB VRAM.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I still have a 7750. 1GB VRAM.

why?

why?

No_Money.gif

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

my mobo for some reason has one.... even though its sata2/3 and has usb3....

How old is your mobo?

A fan did not fit in my case, so I used zip ties to secure it in place instead of the screws

I bought a case specifically for cable management, but my power supply's cables aren't long enough    :|  (so, no Cable Management! Yeah!)

My second monitor is run my a HDMI to VGA, and the adapter is so bad that when my GPU (7870) hits ~80C it just stops working and POOF! No more second monitor...

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

but, you got a i7 unless you got that post build

but, you got a i7 unless you got that post build

That was an upgrade from my original build.

That was an upgrade from my original build.

okay that makes more sense

deffinately my 2 750ti's.. wasnt paying attention when i bought them didnt realize they dont sli until i got home.  too lazy to return them and get a better card for the money

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.