[TL;DR] Weapon mounts

Weapons and their mounts get an update for AC 1.1 to make stuff easier for the designers and artists. Source with pretty pictures.

As of now, an artist could design a weapon, as he/she pleased and it got some valves for heat, ammo, energy and damage attached; done. The mounts only have valves for size and type (class) they can accept, and then pipes for energy and heat.

The first change is done for weapons. Sizes are now limited to a volume (i.e. Size 1 0.25m³) and a certain form ratio (2:1 to 7:1) so an artist knows how much space he/she needs to account for when building a new ship. Also the mounting point has a fixed size so it will always look right and classification will now be done by type, size and pipes.

Which leads us to the itemport, which the weapon will attach to. They also have a max size, pipes and type you can attach. The biggest change is the fact that you may be able to attach a turret, gimbal or even missiles where it was previously not possible but not without drawbacks, of course.

• When you mount something to an itemport that has an itemport itself you lose at least 1 size. I.e. a size 3 mount can handle a size 3 fixed gun or a size 3 gimbal you can attach a size 2 gun to or a size 3 turret which can handle 2 size 1 weapons. Manned turrets loose at least 2 sizes.
  • Type restricts what you can mount to an itemport. I.e. it makes no sense to mount a turret on the nose mount of the Merlin or to mount a manned turret when you can't access the weapon from inside your ship. This will prevent errors and helps with balancing.
  • Pipes further restrict the use of gimbals or turrets as the now also need to carry data for targeting (that handy little target you see in your HUD) so your ship may not even have a beefy enough CPU to handle all mounts with gimbals or you can't access the fuel in that fuel tank because this port lacks a fuel pipe. Again for further balancing.

Shit just got interesting. Precision targeting with m+kb but smaller guns or learning to work the joystick and go nuts on the loadout? I may need to buy a joystick  :lol:

Also sorry for the lack of TL;DW AtV 35 this week. I just moved this Saturday and now have very limited internet so I just wasn't able to watch it yet. I'm trying to do it once I get usable internet  :(

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Sweet, lose the m3a guns on my mustang and add 2 marksman missile instead :)

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me very sad. I now have 2 Panthers wasting away, because I can't use them.

This makes me very sad. I now have 2 Panthers wasting away, because I can't use them.

Why's that exactly? They don't fit anymore on the gimbal mounts?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Why's that exactly? They don't fit anymore on the gimbal mounts?

Precisely. Since the gimbals down a size, my wing and nose mounts now hold a max of size 2. Panthers are size 3 :(

Precisely. Since the gimbals down a size, my wing and nose mounts now hold a max of size 2. Panthers are size 3 :(

I just realized how OP the Super Hornet actually is according to this scheme. 2x size 5 mounts on wings, size 3 turret on nose and size 5 turret in the middle.  :ph34r:

If you can't use them  or CIG won't let you melt them, I'll buy them from you. Let me know via PN.  :D

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I just realized how OP the Super Hornet actually is according to this scheme. 2x size 5 mounts on wings, size 3 turret on nose and size 5 turret in the middle.  :ph34r:

If you can't use them  or CIG won't let you melt them, I'll buy them from you. Let me know via PN.  :D

Is it possible to gift Voyager Direct purchases??

Is it possible to gift Voyager Direct purchases??

I also Want to know this. I was under the impression you could not.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/gifting-faq

I bought my friend something with UEC and now I can’t gift it. Why?

All Voyager Direct items are never giftable nor are they refundable.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

The turrets on the delta are only size 1 now which massively limits the weapon choices you can have and means you've got little chance winning a fight against most ships 300i and up, the handling is worse in dogfighting as well.

If I'm right the other mustangs have size 1 all around now

The turrets on the delta are only size 1 now which massively limits the weapon choices you can have and means you've got little chance winning a fight against most ships 300i and up, the handling is worse in dogfighting as well.

If I'm right the other mustangs have size 1 all around now

The balancing is very much in flux ATM. Won't be surprised to see the balance change soon either by nerfing others or buffing mustang mobility.

The balancing is very much in flux ATM. Won't be surprised to see the balance change soon either by nerfing others or buffing mustang mobility.

Yeah I understand that and I don't think the Mustang is a priority for them ATM and thats ok with me but the issue for me is that the dogfighting in the Delta which is meant to be the "military grade" ship and it feels the same as every other Mustang.

I will say it is a little to easy to evade missiles

Yeah I understand that and I don't think the Mustang is a priority for them ATM and thats ok with me but the issue for me is that the dogfighting in the Delta which is meant to be the "military grade" ship and it feels the same as every other Mustang.

I will say it is a little to easy to evade missiles

... No no you won't in fact you never said that.  (Threatens to turn Rentaspoon into a space gnome)    All of you saw/read nothing.

also the other mustangs don't have the missiles and I'm sure they will make it feel military grade before launch.

Thinking about this. I now wonder if ill be able to replace that mount at the front with a third OmNomNomSki?

... No no you won't in fact you never said that.  (Threatens to turn Rentaspoon into a space gnome)    All of you saw/read nothing.

also the other mustangs don't have the missiles and I'm sure they will make it feel military grade before launch.

I think you'll find it has rockets not missiles! Of which IIRC Mk V spitfires could carry! Fracking WW2 technology :P

Thinking about this. I now wonder if ill be able to replace that mount at the front with a third OmNomNomSki?

I would like a nice badger or OmNomNomSki instead of a turret or drop the rocket silos for a missile per wing

I'm really wondering if I should use my name change to make my handle OmNomNomSki. It's a fun name. Then again if they nerf it I would be peeved.

I think you'll find it has rockets not missiles! Of which IIRC Mk V spitfires could carry! Fracking WW2 technology :PI would like a nice badger or OmNomNomSki instead of a turret or drop the rocket silos for a missile per wing

Are the silos even a mount? But then again, we have no idea, how CIG will balance all this stuff. Hornet will get nerfed anyway.

I'm really wondering if I should use my name change to make my handle OmNomNomSki. It's a fun name. Then again if they nerf it I would be peeved.

• they're actually called omni-sky, but who cares
  • still a fun handle, even if the get nerfed
  • DO IT!  :P

a) they're actually called omni-sky, but who cares

I think you'll find when they hit your ship they have a habit of OmNomNomNoming through your shield, your hull and finally your Face. :P

Are the silos even a mount? But then again, we have no idea, how CIG will balance all this stuff. Hornet will get nerfed anyway.

• they're actually called omni-sky, but who cares
  • still a fun handle, even if the get nerfed
  • DO IT!  :P
the silos aren't mounts and @GzeroD is right, the omnomnomski eats through anything on a mustang, you get hit by one once and it cuts anything off because the damage is so precise, I've seen the deltas outer shell and turret taken off by one hit. You briefly see a green light before it hits you in the face and you die.

the silos aren't mounts and @GzeroD is right, the omnomnomski eats through anything on a mustang, you get hit by one once and it cuts anything off because the damage is so precise, I've seen the deltas outer shell and turret taken off by one hit. You briefly see a green light before it hits you in the face and you die.

Given how easy REC is to earn, (I average about 5k per Vanduul Swarm, max earned was 11k) I've been considering trying out a 5 NN-14 Neutron Cannon load out

Given how easy REC is to earn, (I average about 5k per Vanduul Swarm, max earned was 11k) I've been considering trying out a 5 NN-14 Neutron Cannon load out

what do you think of them? They hit hard the more they are charged IIRC

what do you think of them? They hit hard the more they are charged IIRC

I'll try them when I get home tonight. I'll let you know here whether or not its a bad idea

I'll try them when I get home tonight. I'll let you know here whether or not its a bad idea

I have 2 but haven't used them since .9