NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 3DMark performance From [ videocardz ] & [ChipHell]

ahhming

Was there ones with the original Titan?

Sadly, no. 

although Gigabyte did release a Windforce cooler i think. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I find it funny when people say the 290(x) is kicking everythings ass when it is a dual gpu Consumes more then double the power. The titan is truly a better card the price is kinda high as well however remember it consumes way less power so if you were upgrading a older computer you would need to upgrade your psu for a 290 series card making it most likely the same or near price of a 980. I would get the 980. Also some people just need the power of a titan and have the money or just want the best. So tell me still worth it? I actually use both amd and nvidia cards they are both great I just prefer nvidia.

It's not a complicated equation: half the price for dual 290xs means you have 600 bucks left for a better psu and a better case. The only compelling use right now (other than CUDA development) is Titan x sli for absolute best performance possible.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Obviously fake...the GM200 GPU will outperform the GTX 980 GM104 by a lot more than 20% like shown in the graphs..that's for sure!

Not really impressed here.

For a card that cost twice the price of a 980, it's barely 20% faster.

I'm sure those performance figures are pulled out of someone's ass...unless maybe the titan X is a significantly cut down version of the GM200 GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 TITAN X O-O?

post-144012-0-09552000-1426014841.gif

Btw will we get avg 250 fps in Crysis 3 in 1080p with this card :D?

Groomlake Authority

4 TITAN X O-O?

attachicon.gifgiphy.gif

Btw will we get avg 250 fps in Crysis 3 in 1080p with this card :D?

I sincerely hope no one buys this card for 1080p.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

oh k.....

Groomlake Authority

So they have to get authorization to purchase stuff from you first? Interesting....  I game at 1200p, you wanna tell me what I can and can't do with my money?

So they have to get authorization to purchase stuff from you first? Interesting....  I game at 1200p, you wanna tell me what I can and can't do with my money?

Interesting how you interpreted that because I never alluded to that.

Also, you want to tell me I can't share my opinion? 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Of course you buy this for 1080p Maxed out settings at 120FPS+ in FUTURE games...of course you do bro!

Unless you enoy playing games at 1440p medium settings 60ish FPS...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Obviously fake...the GM200 GPU will outperform the GTX 980 GM104 by a lot more than 20% like shown in the graphs..that's for sure!

I'm sure those performance figures are pulled out of someone's ass...unless maybe the titan X is a significantly cut down version of the GM200 GPU.

Im willing to bet they're pretty accurate. 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

They should've just called it 980 Ti and be done with it, the performance isn't much above a 980, certainly not enough for the price

Im willing to bet they're pretty accurate.

...unless the titan X is a significantly cut down GM200 GPU i can't see how it could be accurate...reviewers so far have been talking about twice the amount of cuda cores and rops when compaired to the current flagship GM104...how could twice the amount of cuda cores could translate into only a 20% performance increase? it just doesnt make sense...also don't you find it weird that reviewers so far have barely even been able to take a PICTURE of this card...and this website would have FOUR of them for testing already?! i'm telling you these results are BS.

They should've just called it 980 Ti and be done with it, the performance isn't much above a 980, certainly not enough for the price

it's a NEW GPU it will be under a new naming scheme when the mainstream GM200 based cards come out.

...unless the titan X is a significantly cut down GM200 GPU i can't see how it could be accurate...reviewers so far have been talking about twice the amount of cuda cores and rops when compaired to the current flagship GM104...how could twice the amount of cuda cores could translate into only a 20% performance increase? it just doesnt make sense...also don't you find it weird that reviewers so far have barely even been able to take a PICTURE of this card...and this website would have FOUR of them for testing already?! i'm telling you these results are BS.

it's a NEW GPU it will be under a new naming scheme when the mainstream GM200 based cards come out.

Tons of people already have them in their hands for reviews. Linus has one, Jayztwocents has one. Reviewers have them and as for the bad scores. Stock clocks.. These arent maxed out 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Tons of people already have them in their hands for reviews. Linus has one, Jayztwocents has one. Reviewers have them and as for the bad scores. Stock clocks.. These arent maxed out

There is also most likely at least one or two SMX units disabled on this card...the yields for such huge chips usualy arent that good...nvidia is probably setting the perfect one's aside for the top end quadro's and next mainstream flagship cards...but i'm sure the titan X will still be a lot more than 20% stronger than a GTX 980.

There is also most likely at least one or two SMX units disabled on this card...the yields for such huge chips usualy arent that good...nvidia is probably setting the perfect one's aside for the top end quadro's and next mainstream flagship cards...but i'm sure the titan X will still be a lot more than 20% stronger than a GTX 980.

And what happens when reviews come out and they're right? 

No, it's 3072 cores vs. 2048 in the 980. 50% more cores, but lowered clocks, greater bandwidth, but release drivers. For now a 20-25% boost lends itself very well to these figures with all this in mind.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That seems pretty good if it is real but I'm waiting on the GTX 980 Ti

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Those numbers seem kind of... Off, only a 20% at the most  increase for what will likely cost more than twice as much as a 980? I was kinda expecting something, crazy with all the hype they gave it :l

Close to 50% just based off those benches.

Titan is running on 1222Mhz in the bench, it's 35% faster than the 980 G1 which boosts to 1400 and above by default, you add up the difference in clock speed and it gives around 45%, that's what the difference would be if both cards were running at the same frequency.

In the bench there's a non OC 980 which boosts to around 1220Mhz by default, there's a 45% gap between that an the Titan X running at 1222Mhz.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

DONT BUY THIS BULLCRAP.THE R9295X2 PERFORMS BETTER THEN THE SINGLE TITAN X

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Not really impressed here.

For a card that cost twice the price of a 980, it's barely 20% faster.

Did they even announce the price?

I dunno, the 960 numbers were pretty spot on and Maxwell has generally been a pretty miniscule improvement over Kepler.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

If this is GM200, I want to -hope- this is finally 20nm.  Techpowerup had said that nVidia themselves claims this to be more powerful than the Titan Z, and that was two fully enabled Blacks on a single pcb.  If this performs 50% above the 980 and with DX12 offers 100% scaling for each additional card - this is going to be a monster single card solution, and I hope that for once there'll be more than just the reference version.  Really wish the whole 3xx line-up would just be shown already, or a release for the 380(x) to the 390(x).  Need that upgrade ;-;

I dunno, the 960 numbers were pretty spot on and Maxwell has generally been a pretty miniscule improvement over Kepler.

well...1664 (GTX 970) maxwell cuda cores is roughly equals to 2688 (vanilla titan) kepler cuda cores...so it's roughly a 60% performance increase PER CORE...i call that nothing short of spectacular personally.

now, what a 3072 maxwell cuda cores can deliver in terms of performance...wow

well...1664 (GTX 970) maxwell cuda cores is roughly equals to 2688 (vanilla titan) kepler cuda cores...so it's roughly a 60% performance increase PER CORE...i call that nothing short of spectacular personally.

now, what a 3072 maxwell cuda cores can deliver in terms of performance...wow

But they cut down the number of cores.

The end of the day performance difference between the 780Ti and 980 or 970/780 are pretty mediocre.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti