Apple watch Hands on (UI, Navigation)

ahhming

slashgear show us how you interact with the watch

It all looks pretty irrelevant given the battery life and price  <_<

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It goes up to $26,000 AUD (Including GST)... That is super UltraNeon-HighEnd swiss made watch pricing, not a gadget that lasts 18 hours and will get outdated in 1 year.

I don't like to judge products before they are released to the public, but if you pay 26k for a watch that has 18 hour battery life then you need to sit down for a while, and reevaluate, reformat and reinstall your life.

The pricing for versions people will actually buy is not that bad, it's Apple though, this thing still needs longer battery life, all smarthwatches do.

It goes up to $26,000 AUD (Including GST)... That is super UltraNeon-HighEnd swiss made watch pricing, not a gadget that lasts 18 hours and will get outdated in 1 year.

I don't like to judge products before they are released to the public, but if you pay 26k for a watch that has 18 hour battery life then you need to sit down for a while, and reevaluate, reformat and reinstall your life.

Someone paying 26k for a watch doesn't need to. To them, 26k on a watch is nothing. Its in addition to the 150k they already have in watches. 

You guys need to reevaluate and gains some perspective. This isn't a "poor person" object. Its not being marketed at one. Its not even being marketed like a tech device, stop trying to price it like one. 

Someone paying 26k for a watch doesn't need to. To them, 26k on a watch is nothing. Its in addition to the 150k they already have in watches. 

You guys need to reevaluate and gains some perspective. This isn't a "poor person" object. Its not being marketed at one. Its not even being marketed like a tech device, stop trying to price it like one. 

Just my opinion, I know it's not for the homeless to buy, I just think that it needs longer battery life

Just my opinion, I know it's not for the homeless to buy, I just think that it needs longer battery life

*Accidental Double Post*

I think that 18h battery life is much better than some people were predicting, but it still doesn't match the 5-10 DAYS that the new Pebble Time is said to be able to get.

As for the Apple Watch Edition, a $10k smartwatch makes so sense. It won't be long before the internals are outdated, and unless there is some way to swap them out I don't see the point in making a purchase that big.

Honestly seeing the keynote today only made me happier with my Pebble. Apple makes some great products, but this is one I'm not interested in.

It should be noted that I don't own an iPhone so this product isn't for me to begin with. But, I don't understand the need for half of the features/apps. Why would I use my watch for something like Instagram when I could grab my phone with a significantly larger screen. I want to use my smart watch for small quick tasks that don't require me to stare at my watch for a large amount of time. Just because something can be done on a watch doesn't mean that it should.

It all looks pretty irrelevant given the battery life and price <_<

Yo negative Nacy, why do you take it out back. No one needs that kinda of negativity in their life.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Yo negative Nacy, why do you take it out back. No one needs that kinda of negativity in their life.

So now criticizing a product is being negative nancy? ^^ There are plenty of things I like and would recommend. This is not one of them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Honestly i dont like it. I dont think the rich people who can afford it would spend that much money on one nor do i think fernando alonso would model one on a motor sport magazine.

I dont think that, no matter how gold it is, that it has the same status symbol of a rolex or a tag heuer. Theyre precision time pieces crafted for perfection.. not something you recharge every day. If they caught on it would be a very quick fad once they realise theyve been had when next years thinner model comes out.

Also that windy button... i get the feeling it could have been thinner without that being added.

and will get outdated in 1 year.

That's the most hilarious part about this mess.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I think that 18h battery life is much better than some people were predicting, but it still doesn't match the 5-10 DAYS that the new Pebble Time is said to be able to get.

As for the Apple Watch Edition, a $10k smartwatch makes so sense. It won't be long before the internals are outdated, and unless there is some way to swap them out I don't see the point in making a purchase that big.

Honestly seeing the keynote today only made me happier with my Pebble. Apple makes some great products, but this is one I'm not interested in.

The Pebble Time is a weak piece of plastic compared to every other smart watch, you're gaining a lot of functionality by not having a Pebble. 

So you've never met a rich person? Cause they already have a dozen watches worth 10K or more. This is the market the Edition is after. Not poor people who need to think about a purchase. Rich people who just buy things because they want them. Completely different ball game. The Edition servers to anchor the other two. They've build the perception that the entire Apple Watch line is luxury goods right out the gate by simply having a expensive version. 

This isn't a product for nerds and techies. It won't be priced like one.

It also needs more features to be considered a premium or collectors watch. Cnet said it great (which is rare), in stating that the $17k (USD) watch is nothing but bragging rights. Honestly though, I'm getting sick of the "my d*ck is bigger than yours" mentality when it comes to posessions. Sadly, nobody will ever stop doing it..

http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-10000-question-how-to-stop-apple-watch-from-becoming-obsolete/

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

The Pebble Time is a weak piece of plastic compared to every other smart watch, you're gaining a lot of functionality by not having a Pebble. 

So you've never met a rich person? Cause they already have a dozen watches worth 10K or more. This is the market the Edition is after. Not poor people who need to think about a purchase. Rich people who just buy things because they want them. Completely different ball game. The Edition servers to anchor the other two. They've build the perception that the entire Apple Watch line is luxury goods right out the gate by simply having a expensive version. 

This isn't a product for nerds and techies. It won't be priced like one.

The Pebble Time isn't "weak," it just aims to satisfy another market like the Edition. It's meant to be a watch first, and bring information to your wrist second. That's why I like my Pebble. The battery life is a huge thing that I don't think I could live without because I use the watch for sleep tracking. I wear it all day/night and charge it when I go to work.

The Pebble is like the Edition, a different product for a different market.