next scrap yard build budget?

Teemo4Life

let's see if they can build somthing with 200$

#howlowcanyougo

like this idea, but not right after the 300$ build

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I am curious what LMG wants to do with this concept, because using an increasing budget (300, 400, 500 etc.) every time would burn out quickly. Linus said he had some plans, so I await the results eagerly :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

$500 including a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Also one for something less than $300. $200 ultimate challenge would be great.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I vote they continue Scrapyard wars until the end of time, vary the budget, employees competing, and location.

Also bring in other YouTubers to face Linus. Jay v. Linus, Logan v. Lins, Paul v. Luke. etc...

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

well if they wrote Scrapyard wars '1' there probs gonna be a '2'.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

As long as it's not a whole week between episodes... I don't mind a single episode being cut in 3 parts, but seriously, 3 weeks from start to finish is just too long. At least make it like 2 parts a week on say, Monday and Thursday or 3 parts in the same week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday... I get that they need to edit the whole thing, but come on, it doesn't take 3 weeks for that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

They're also one half to one hour long.

while this is true, thats also with commercials and whatnot (still shows are lengthy) BUT tv shows explain a story, this isnt really a story, just kinda a small show-kinda and each SYW episode was on the upward of 20 minutes :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I put $600 that extra $100 will go along ways.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

dont complain about the time inbetween episodes, think of a tv show, theyre 1 week apart from each other.....

But most tv shows are an hour long, not 10 or 12 minutes...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

dont complain about the time inbetween episodes, think of a tv show, theyre 1 week apart from each other.....

OMG!! Thank you!!! Nobody else seems to grasp this concept! It drives me nuts and I want to reach through my computer screen and smack people! I also say, "You wait 1 week between each of your Gilmore Girls or 90210 episodes, you can wait 1 week for LMG episodes".

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Apparently no one watched the wan show if there asking for moar , because they're making a series out of scrapyard wars.

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Like others have stated, tv shows are longer and they are broadcasted at a set time,which is needed for people to not miss it, youtube can be watched whenever, the two can't really be compared.

Like others have stated, tv shows are longer and they are broadcasted at a set time,which is needed for people to not miss it, youtube can be watched whenever, the two can't really be compared.

just because ltt videos dont have an exact set in stone time, doesnt mean they arent comparable

ltt videos are released every day (at around the same time, or at lest they try) so people who actually care about the content are going to tune in some time on that day when they can, similar to a tv show, if people care about it, theyre gonna watch it, even if they have to DVR it, or watch the rerun, theyre gonna watch it....

so yes, they are comparable.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

just because ltt videos dont have an exact set in stone time, doesnt mean they arent comparable

ltt videos are released every day (at around the same time, or at lest they try) so people who actually care about the content are going to tune in some time on that day when they can, similar to a tv show, if people care about it, theyre gonna watch it, even if they have to DVR it, or watch the rerun, theyre gonna watch it....

so yes, they are comparable.

I was saying that tv shows need a set date and time so that people know when to watch/record it, youtube doesn't have that, they just show up in my subscribe feed, and I watch them whenever it is I see them, wether it is 1 everyday or all of them once a week. They are not comparable.

Why do we limit the options of scrap yard wars to computer building?  I think a "Build the perfect home theater system for $200" would be a fun episode.  Room has set deminisions and a 42" TV.  Maybe they have to supply a couch and see who gets the best sound from Speakers and a Receiver.  

What about a fun quick little scrap yard episode.  Find the oldest functioning MP3 player (music still on it is a bonus) and see who can DJ the longest on a charge.