Kicked out of school

i skipped a lot of shit too, but i managed not to cross the amount of hours needed for our german highschool exams (abitur) and it was fine. just do try to get back to school, it is quite important to be educated. at least try to study maths - it is the most important of them all!

Honestly math is probably my favorite course. I've gotta complete like 4 so I get can get to math 12

blackshades on

Yeah I understand what you mean, I did get my work done I was so close to finishing two classes early but I guess that doesn't matter.

I failed to comply and now I'm out. I don't feel depressed, I just feel confused 

Personally, I would fight it. I've had to do it before, my senior year, my high school said that they weren't even accepting doctor notices as excuses for missing, and I missed about a quarter of the year. They tried withholding my diploma, and we literally had to take the school to court.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I smell a troll.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Personally, I would fight it. I've had to do it before, my senior year, my high school said that they weren't even accepting doctor notices as excuses for missing, and I missed about a quarter of the year. They tried withholding my diploma, and we literally had to take the school to court.

Damn that's nuts although I don't have a legitimate reason so I would probably lose.

I did call back to talk to my vice and she said I can come back next September but still... I was suppose to graduate this year but my fault as always

blackshades on

No I'm not quitting haha, I was officially kicked out of school about 10 minutes ago. I have no idea what's going to happen now besides my mom taking everything away for months. Too much skipping, no idea why but I've got problems I guess, so yolo right? No, probably not yolo but anyway wish me luck and maybe I'll get a job even though I doubt it since I really don't feel ready for a job. I just want college. Bye?

rip my new pc build almost done but frozencpu is being poopy and the last part it out of stock on ppcs

Yeah I know I need an education to get a good job, I guess some people need to really feel their mistakes to understand. Maybe I'm one of those people, of course I'm not proud of myself and I'm not writing this to be a "badass" it's genuinely an issue for me and I feel like venting. I've got an old C and Java book so that's probably what I'll be doing for a while.

I was planning on getting two diplomas, one in technical programming and one in computer information systems administration which was my only motivation.

No one has helped me, I'm left on my own to figure out what my issue is and I really don't know what it is.

Well at least you're good at being a slacker. lol. I skipped a lot as well because high school was easy. Guess the difference between us was I have my diploma and I kept track on how many days I skipped. I made sure to just be in the safe zone. Where I'm from a hs diploma or ged is required for college. I graduated twice from high school. Technical high school and regular so I have 2 diplomas. Also college is expensive how do you plan on paying for it? I paid with my own money and not my parents. Good luck to you.

Always hate to see a fellow techie punished for nothing. I convinced my parents that limiting me to 64kbit internet speeds was worse than taking it away entirely. Sure it took an hour for google to load, but at least I still had internet (and all of my local games!)! ;)

EDIT: Come at me. I feel as though attendance is trivial, as long as you are getting the work done and showing that you are learning what is being taught. I also feel like taking items away from someone as punishment is bullshit, for various other reasons.

This is why I lost faith in humanity. Lets just relate what you're saying to a high end paying job. I would like to see you keep a job when all you do is call off. :rolleyes:  

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Damn that's nuts although I don't have a legitimate reason so I would probably lose.

I did call back to talk to my vice and she said I can come back next September but still... I was suppose to graduate this year but my fault as always

True, there was a lot more to my case. I attended my tech center, and didn't step foot into the high school once, so the tech center kept my attendance. They allowed doctor notes, but still marked you as excused absent. They then report the attendance of a student back to their base high school (the one they are from, there were over 15 schools at this tech center), and the high school then logs it. Kind of confusing, but yeah, there was a bit to our case. The court even forced the high school to hold another graduation because they refused to even let me walk.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Well at least you're good at being a slacker. lol. I skipped a lot as well because high school was easy. Guess the difference between us was I have my diploma and I kept track on how many days I skipped. I made sure to just be in the safe zone. Where I'm from a hs diploma or ged is required for college. I graduated twice from high school. Technical high school and regular so I have 2 diplomas. Also college is expensive how do you plan on paying for it? I paid with my own money and not my parents. Good luck to you.

This is why I lost faith in humanity. Lets just relate what you're saying to a high end paying job. I would like to see you keep a job when all you do is call off. :rolleyes:  

It's funny you mention this. I've not been late once to either of my jobs, while still keeping decent attendance at college. I'm also a 3.5GPA student at the moment, again, while working two jobs. When I'm paid to be somewhere, I care to go. Otherwise, I don't. Also, when you get the work done by the time you're required to complete it, mission accomplished. Work fits in this classification, I'm required to do a project from x-hour to x-hour, and I do it. On time. Every day. 100%. All day. Every day.

EDIT: I should also note (while this part was not implied towards me), I am paying for my degree, I paid for my car, I pay my own insurance, rent, utilities, etc. While we may have different outlooks on this topic, we are both performing to the best of our abilities.

I was kinda keeping track but like today, I'd wake up and be like "hell yeah gunna go to school today" but then the other side of me is like "maybe I can miss this day just once, maybe I can get ahead and complete some assignments at home" something like that. When I worked, I worked hard. The issue is getting there haha. I wish they had some sort of technical highschool here that would be neat. College is expensive but me and my parents were planning on paying for it, I owned a smallish business almost two years ago so I saved up a lot of money from that.

blackshades on

Yourmother is right. You should've done better.

Interested in Business and Technology

Eye skeeped Klass end i ame douing purfekly phine.

Seriously though, smarten up and get your shit together.

You got kicked out of school for skipping school? I'm sure that will make you not skip so much school...

Pilates

No I'm not quitting haha, I was officially kicked out of school about 10 minutes ago. I have no idea what's going to happen now besides my mom taking everything away for months. Too much skipping, no idea why but I've got problems I guess, so yolo right? No, probably not yolo but anyway wish me luck and maybe I'll get a job even though I doubt it since I really don't feel ready for a job. I just want college. Bye?

rip my new pc build almost done but frozencpu is being poopy and the last part it out of stock on ppcs

Yeah I know I need an education to get a good job, I guess some people need to really feel their mistakes to understand. Maybe I'm one of those people, of course I'm not proud of myself and I'm not writing this to be a "badass" it's genuinely an issue for me and I feel like venting. I've got an old C and Java book so that's probably what I'll be doing for a while.

I was planning on getting two diplomas, one in technical programming and one in computer information systems administration which was my only motivation.

No one has helped me, I'm left on my own to figure out what my issue is and I really don't know what it is.

time to grow up bud. it sucks. no one likes it but if you want a competitive advantage in the rat race youll need college. it starts with going to class. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Logic, This person has missed to many classes, instead of helping him to try and catch up, Kick him out forever! xD

It isn't worth a tutor going over what has already been taught when students miss classes. 

Students take their own responsibility for catching up. I never miss days for that reason. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It is 100% your fault. You will not have a competitive advantage in any work field if you slack. You slacked. 

If you go into any work field with this ethic towards attendance then you will either have to get your shit together (start now) or fail at life altogether.

It isn't worth a tutor going over what has already been taught when students miss classes. 

Students take their own responsibility for catching up. I never miss days for that reason. 

Same here, teachers in my school treat it as a missed homework if you've been off and don't catch up on any homeworks

They're fine with you going to them at lunch or after school to clarify something though

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Same here, teachers in my school treat it as a missed homework if you've been off and don't catch up on any homeworks

They're fine with you going to them at lunch or after school to clarify something though

If you ever do a BTEC course and the day you missed is the day that progress is made then tutors get frustrated. 

And i go in for the £30 a week :D just need a real job though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Skipping class = bad.

But I have to ask, college or high school?

If college: hey you're now saving money! (bad news is you probably wasted either your, or your parents' money, if it's your parents, that's not good, and I'd be ever-apologetic)

If high school: oof m8, thats no good.

If you're serious about a field, you can educate the ever loving sh*t out of yourself with the internet. Keyword is serious.

Although there is something to be said about the unique hands on experiences you get in college, the access to otherwise hard-to-get tools, and the piece of paper you get after that people want to see for jobs.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Take it as a blessing in disguise?

I use to be in the VP office all the time and just found out he is now in jail for 14yrs for being a pedophile. Also my first Science teacher use to give me so much shit but if girls did the same thing or worse he wouldn't care, now a week ago he has been charged with pedophile offenses. So im happy i left school and didn't have to be one of those unfortunate people who had to deal with such scum!

Society likes to act like we are all the same even though it's fact we are all different. When i was a kid i didn't want to learn i wanted to sleep in, run around with my friends and play video games. Now that im older i have this drive to learn and i overwhelm myself most nights just thinking about things i wanna learn and how to start learning. School for me was something that got in the way of what i really wanted to do in life. We never had a computer class, the only time we used computers was to find info for assignments in english and history. So if i was ever going to get into the field i wanted to i would have to do it myself anyway. leaving school gave me more time to focus on the things i wanted to learn instead of being taught stuff that i most likely will never use and imo false information in history class.

As for what u want to do i think most places are going to want that piece of paper saying u can do something. Can u apply to a different school or can u go to something we call TAFE? It's kind of like university, you can get most of those papers there but if u can't, it can help u get into university even if u didn't finish school. Even if that's not an option just code alot who knows u could become the next Zuckerberg or flappy bird guy haha. 

Take this as an opportunity to learn what u want to learn not be sucked into the useless (to most of us) information that society likes to drill into our brains which will later be forgotten anyway. 

P.S This is just my opinion so please don't hate, you don't know me and i don't know you so judging me based on this post is unfair. 

Well let me say something here.

You said "No one has helped me, I'm left on my own", and you couldn't be more right.

No one out there is going to go up to you and say "you got to do this" or, "do you want this job?".

You have to push yourself. Put your mind to it.

Programming is a great industry to get into. However without a diploma it may be difficult to be taken seriously.

Go meet some people in the industry. Visit programming business'. That's my advice at least.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

You are the man, man. Go yolo in everything haha

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

*snip*

Holy shit.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Logic, This person has missed to many classes, instead of helping him to try and catch up, Kick him out forever! xD

Yeah someone who has allready shown he is unwilling to attend should have more money/resources thrown at him so he can not attend again but at a much larger cost. 

As the OP said everyone is different, fairly obviously formal education is not the way FOR HIM. 

The world won't stop revolving because you do not have paper qualifications, neither Jay (Jayztwocents),Jerry (Barnacules Nerdasm) nor Paul (late of Newegg) have diplomas and they are hardly window licking burger flippers.  It is easier if you have one but it is not essential.

Oh and BTW Bill Gates was a drop-out (from Harvard).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you keep being like this, it's gonna fuck you in the ass more than it has already. No high school means you have almost no chance getting into university/college, and probably not an IT academy either. Go the hell back to school and don't become a failure, swimming in debt, having two full time jobs to survive.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Doesn't your school have some system to help you be aware of your attendance? I don't know about where you stay, but I'm in a Polytechnic here in Singapore and we have a school website where our attendance percentages are displayed for every module. Every time we skip a tutorial without a medical certificate or some other legitimate reason, the tutor will update the system and the school will send a letter addressed to our parents, informing them of our absence. 

What I'm trying to say is that sure, on some days I do feel lazy as hell and skip my classes, but at least the school makes me aware that there are consequences. It also helps that getting below 85% tutorial attendance for any module makes it an automatic fail  :P.

I smell a troll.

that's what I was thinking and besides, schools usually notify the parents for excessive skipping or worse case scenario suspension.  Getting thrown out sounds fishy.