The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - MWC Reveal + Phone Arena Preview + Add. Leaks; April 10th launch

Yes I'm pleased samsung is using metal now, but I'm not going to praise them until they sort out touchwiz (Hopefully this time round) and move to on screen buttons, I'm fed up of off screen physical buttons. Heck, even all capacitive buttons would be better than the damn lesser iPhone home button copy. I tried out the galaxy note edge yesterday, and I like the idea of having a curved display, but it's going to have to have a lower sensitivity than the rest of the display if it's on both sides, due to how people will hold the phone and could very easily accidentally select something on the side display.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

htc one for the looks and build quality

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

In regards to what?

A matte screen would feel like shit.

Also I'm pretty sure this is a repost.

No other than the screen a Matte tone back and front plate

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

In regards to what?

A matte screen would feel like shit.

Also I'm pretty sure this is a repost.

Ugh, matte screens are the worst for tactile feel. I like having one just to cut down the glare and reflections, but they're not for everyone. I've recently been using glass screen protectors over the matte ones, its far better for actual use than the matte ever was and I still get great protection. 

Also, yea. Repost.  linustechtips.com

No other than the screen a Matte tone back and front plate

Ahhh yes. Totally with you there. One of the main reasons I love my Nexus 5.

I've seen some shots of the ZenPhone 2 in a matte finish, and I really hope it's available for purchase that way.

Ugh, matte screens are the worst for tactile feel. I like having one just to cut down the glare and reflections, but they're not for everyone. I've recently been using glass screen protectors over the matte ones, its far better for actual use than the matte ever was and I still get great protection. 

Yeah they sure are. I can't even stand most screen protectors. They just feel...sticky.

I'd consider getting a glass screen protector for my next phone but honestly I've never had a problem.

My Nexus has small hairline scratches but it's unnoticeable unless you tilt it a certain way, have it against your eye, and the screen's off.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah they sure are. I can't even stand most screen protectors. They just feel...sticky.

I'd consider getting a glass screen protector for my next phone but honestly I've never had a problem.

My Nexus has small hairline scratches but it's unnoticeable unless you tilt it a certain way, have it against your eye, and the screen's off.

I do it more to keep the screen clear of the hairline scratches and full on gouges that my prior phones have gotten. I'm not too terrible kind to my equipment, it just gets put through abusive situations. With what screens costs these days on phones, a few bucks on a glass protector that might spare me the 250+ cost on a new one is worth it. 

But I hate the phones these days with curved screens. Lets make something already fragile and position it to be even more bloody fragile. 

holy shit do people and mods even read? hopefully this makes it easier to see

basically you're claiming credit for my thread.

Not a repost. This is a different source and image. We are talking about the leaked ad, not the device leak where the guy put a bunch of damn squirrels all over the pictures.

"Rawr XD"

holy shit do people and mods even read? hopefully this makes it easier to see

basically you're claiming credit for my thread.

If somebody posts a news thread using a photo of an MLP character, and somebody else later posts a news thread using a photo of an actual horse, and the core information is all intents and purposes the same, then that classifies as a repost.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Get rid if the physical buttons already samsung. They look stupid, they get in the way and they make the bezels unnecessarily bigger than needed. Once they move to onscreen buttons I might get a samsung again, but until then they need a really good offer to convince me.

Why not just the option for both, having the off screen buttons as capacitive buttons like the menu buttons and an option to turn on screen buttons in software, very similar to what the OnePlus One does. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Spoke? Where? All they've done is delete, merge, and edit posts and threads often without saying a word. I have contacted mods but either they don't respond, or they have no comment as it wasn't them who did the editing.

As a mod on another forum and a former admin on yet another forum, I can tell you that mods don't need to justify their actions to regular members.  What they do is at their own discretion.

If they decide that the topics need to be merged, they merge the topics.  If they decide to lock one, they do just that.  If mods would have to justify their actions, they'd have no more time to do any of the actual moderating. 

If you don't like that, start your own forum and find out the hard way that we don't do stuff like that for fun.

On topic : I don't like the looks of the regular S6.  Haven't decided if I like the 6 Edge yet.  I'll have to get my hands on one before I make a call on that. 

Why not just the option for both, having the off screen buttons as capacitive buttons like the menu buttons and an option to turn on screen buttons in software, very similar to what the OnePlus One does. 

That I would like, it's one of the things that the OPO impresses me with, but having thinner bezels and a customisable set of on screen buttons, so you can change the ordering of them like on the G3 would be a better bet IMO.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

That I would like, it's one of the things that the OPO impresses me with, but having thinner bezels and a customisable set of on screen buttons, so you can change the ordering of them like on the G3 would be a better bet IMO.

I guess that they wanted to incorporate the finger print sensor(I don't know whether it's been confirmed but that wouldn't really work with capacitive buttons) I was hoping they ditched the finger print sensor however. The same home button makes the phones look so similar to very early S phones. They aren't being very inventive when it comes to the design department.  

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I guess that they wanted to incorporate the finger print sensor(I don't know whether it's been confirmed but that wouldn't really work with capacitive buttons) I was hoping they ditched the finger print sensor however. The same home button makes the phones look so similar to very early S phones. They aren't being very inventive when it comes to the design department.  

Yeah, I agree with them needing to innovate and move away from the home button. They should look about putting the fingerprint scanner on the back, such as on the Huawei ascend mate 7 and HTC one max. That's where your hand rests, so is where you are likely to use it the most more than swiping your finger down the bottom of the phone, meaning you need to hold it differently.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

As a mod on another forum and a former admin on yet another forum, I can tell you that mods don't need to justify their actions to regular members.  What they do is at their own discretion.

If they decide that the topics need to be merged, they merge the topics.  If they decide to lock one, they do just that.  If mods would have to justify their actions, they'd have no more time to do any of the actual moderating. 

If you don't like that, start your own forum and find out the hard way that we don't do stuff like that for fun.

On topic : I don't like the looks of the regular S6.  Haven't decided if I like the 6 Edge yet.  I'll have to get my hands on one before I make a call on that. 

Agreed on the first. Mods mod, they don't need to explain why. This isn't a democracy. Its the wild west. They have the guns. We don't even have horses. 

To the S6, I also agree. The regular one looks hum drum and uninspired BUT the Edge at least looks appealing to me. I might get one, the M9 stuff isn't tickling my fancy yet and I have little issue with wiping TouchWiz off the face of the planet and going vanilla. 

I just hope it doesn't feel cheap. You probably know what I mean with Samsung devices. They just feel cheap. Not premium. And not in the sense that they haven't used aluminum unibodies before or anything; they just never FELT like something that was 800 dollars off contract. 

HTC wins this generation.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Still trying to keep my expectations low and not make my mind up before the official announcements but the images posted by PhoneArena are scaring me. I don't see any way to remove the back and the display curving around the edge looks impractical.

The back looks curved in some images and flat in some. I am hoping for a slight curve because I like that on the LG G3, HTC One and Motorola phones. More comfortable to hold than a completely flat back.

Seems like TouchWiz now has a more vanilla-ish style as well which is nice.

Still looks exactly the same as a s3

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Yeah, I agree with them needing to innovate and move away from the home button. They should look about putting the fingerprint scanner on the back, such as on the Huawei ascend mate 7 and HTC one max. That's where your hand rests, so is where you are likely to use it the most more than swiping your finger down the bottom of the phone, meaning you need to hold it differently.

Yeah, doing that they could improve the sound by "copying" htc with the boom sound speakers. That little port on the bottom of the phone probably sounds terrible. 

Still trying to keep my expectations low and not make my mind up before the official announcements but the images posted by PhoneArena are scaring me. I don't see any way to remove the back and the display curving around the edge looks impractical.

The back looks curved in some images and flat in some. I am hoping for a slight curve because I like that on the LG G3, HTC One and Motorola phones. More comfortable to hold than a completely flat back.

Seems like TouchWiz now has a more vanilla-ish style as well which is nice.

On first glance is looks like the back is curved a bit but I'll have to hunt for better photos to confirm that. The entire phone looks very "one piece" with no single panel being removable without the use of screws or god help us, prying tools. 

Well lbr they only did it like that because Apple did.

"Rawr XD"

On first glance is looks like the back is curved a bit but I'll have to hunt for better photos to confirm that. The entire phone looks very "one piece" with no single panel being removable without the use of screws or god help us, prying tools. 

Or we could wait 10 minutes ;)

I really hope Samsung don't mess up their live stream. The audio and video quality on HTC's conference was terrible. You'd think that companies attending would have access to proper fiber connections.

My S4 is still serving me pretty well (mostly use my tablet) so I am not really interested in the Galaxy S 6. I am hoping to get an idea of what their next tablet will be like by watching this.

The S6 edge looks like a compelling option to upgrade to from a Nexus 4. Glass front, glass back, smooth edges, looks good to me. But Y U NO SD card slot? And then there's TouchWizz... :(

who cares...

MKBHD just released a

If you watch it now you'll miss Samsung's press conference though, and it seems pretty badass so far. Might even be Apple-tier.