The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - MWC Reveal + Phone Arena Preview + Add. Leaks; April 10th launch

I guess it was confirmed that yes, this phone only has a single speaker that Samsung is dubbing the "Power Speaker". 

Oh come on with that rubbish. Stereo speakers should be a norm. Don't go looking at Apple as some excuse of how to do things. I damn well wish my 6+ had a stereo setup, perhaps one like the One series. Single speaker setups are pathetic and shouldn't be excused. 

Even bloody Blackberries were packing stereo setups in the 9000 era. This is embarassing. 

I guess it was confirmed that yes, this phone only has a single speaker that Samsung is dubbing the "Power Speaker". 

Oh come on with that rubbish. Stereo speakers should be a norm. Don't go looking at Apple as some excuse of how to do things. I damn well wish my 6+ had a stereo setup, perhaps one like the One series. Single speaker setups are pathetic and shouldn't be excused. 

Even bloody Blackberries were packing stereo setups in the 9000 era. This is embarassing. 

Stereo speakers that close together (on the bottom) are kind of useless. You won't get the stereo effect anyway. Front facing, stereo speakers would be nice though.

It bothers me that they have to add fancy marketing terms to everything. "Power speaker". That's almost as bad as "BoomSound speakers", but at least that offered something unique.

Stereo speakers that close together (on the bottom) are kind of useless. You won't get the stereo effect anyway. Front facing, stereo speakers would be nice though.

It bothers me that they have to add fancy marketing terms to everything. "Power speaker". That's almost as bad as "BoomSound speakers", but at least that offered something unique.

HTC at least tries, I'll give them that. 

I prefer the front firing speakers thats for sure, the downward firing ones aren't THAT helpful for media consumption, at least for me before I sleep. 

Oh and a official spec sheet is available:

galaxy-s6-galaxy-s6-edge-specs.jpg?w=624

Curious that the edge is lighter and gained a 50mAh bigger battery, maybe cause it is 0.2mm thicker? Apple, are you listening? 0.2mm more thickness won't kill you for having an even bigger battery. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB