The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - MWC Reveal + Phone Arena Preview + Add. Leaks; April 10th launch

Why does Samsung even release the S6 Edge? They obviously don't believe in it, since they also release a regular S6. They're basically saying "here's the new revolutionary shit, but if you dont like it we also have the regular shit" - which is giving up before even trying.

I prefer that over the "THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BUY AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!" approach. Even Apple has realized that having 2 models will give users more choice (which is a good thing).

Oh good, they stuck with 16MP, AND it has OIS!! Woho!

All that hype about fast and wireless charging ...

Should have just put in a decent battery to begin with.

yep touchwiz, battery, and no sd card. is drawling me to the m9

I'll have to wait and see a m9 to s6 camera comparison though

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

all the video footage from the s6 I have seen has been choppy

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Doesn't look like there is any reason to get this over an OPO which also is half the price. GG Samsung.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

all the video footage from the s6 I have seen has been choppy

Yep, all ~15 seconds of it, which has been recorded then proejcted on a screen which has then been recorded with another camera before you viewed it...

Do you see why this is a poor way of evaluating the camera?

Doesn't look like there is any reason to get this over an OPO which also is half the price. GG Samsung.

Then you are not looking carefully enough.

Yep, all ~15 seconds of it, which has been recorded then protected on a a screen which has then been recorded with another camera before you viewed it...

Do you see why this is a poor way of evaluating the camera?

Then you are not looking carefully enough.

I'm not saying that I'm evaluating it based on this. What I'm saying is I haven't been ab;e to evaluate it because I have not seen any good footage yet

did they just say NFC wasn't widely accepted, how will something proprietary like samsung pay, be more widely accepted than an open technology  

Dat loss of SD expansion.

Wondering what's the future of the note now...

To be honest, I've had a few problems with external storage cards on phone in general so I'd rather have high internal storage rather than small internal + SD card

did they just say NFC wasn't widely accepted, how will something proprietary like samsung pay, be more widely accepted than an open technology  

Yes NFC isn't usable everywhere yet. Current NFC implementations aren't "open technology" either.

Samsung Pay will work with any terminal that works via magnet strips, making it far more widely available than NFC payments.

If you are going to try to find flaws and things to complain about then at the very least do it properly...

Like this: "Good job Samsung... Too bad the rest of the world (not the US) has already realized that magnet strips are terrible and have moved on to chip+PIN. Samsung Pay will basically be useless for people outside the US".

Woho they dropped the 16GB model! Too bad they also dropped the microSD card slot...

Yes NFC isn't usable everywhere yet. Current NFC implementations aren't "open technology" either.

Samsung Pay will work with any terminal that works via magnet strips, making it far more widely available than NFC payments.

If you are going to try to find flaws and things to complain about then at the very least do it properly...

Like this: "Good job Samsung... Too bad the rest of the world (not the US) has already realized that magnet strips are terrible and have moved on to chip+PIN. Samsung Pay will basically be useless for people outside the US".

Canada has already STRONGLY pushed away from magnetic stripes lately. I can't think of even getting a card in the last 2/3 years that didn't have contactless ready to go. I'm actually trying to think of the last time I even swiped...its been a while. Hell, when I was travelling in Ecuador I still had contactless payments with my Visa...

So basically it won't work in most of Europe.  magnet strips are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  It's all "chip & pin" here.

camera always on standby ... hmm....

dat battery

To be honest, I've had a few problems with external storage cards on phone in general so I'd rather have high internal storage rather than small internal + SD card

I wanted both. 128gb internal 128gb external

Canada has already STRONGLY pushed away from magnetic stripes lately. I can't think of even getting a card in the last 2/3 years that didn't have contactless ready to go. I'm actually trying to think of the last time I even swiped...its been a while. Hell, when I was travelling in Ecuador I still had contactless payments with my Visa...

Yeah, but in the US they still use magstrips.

It seemed like Samsung Pay also supports NFC so I guess it won't be completely useless outside of the US (once stores start adopting NFC payments and can agree on a standard).

So basically it won't work in most of Europe.  magnet strips are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  It's all "chip & pin" here.

Samsung could've taken charge and said "NFC only, time for retailers to get with this". Ugh. 

No prices given but it shouldn't be a stretch to imagine that it'll be as expensive if not more expensive as the S5, probably even getting near the Note 4 in pricing. This certainly isn't a cheap piece of kit from Samsungs perspective. 

I wanted both. 128gb internal 128gb external

I just want high-capacity internals on Android phones. I like Android, but that is one of the reasons why I consider going iPhone/iPad the next time I need a new phone/tablet (in addition to trying iOS out)

Woho they dropped the 16GB model! Too bad they also dropped the microSD card slot...

All I am saying is this will not work unless they get everyone on board, at least most android manufacturers, It needs to be widely accepted in terms of phone manufacturers. Its the same thing with smart homes, everyone comes in saying that nothing works unless it is widely accepted and says that theirs will be but it never is. Apple couldn't even do it, apple pay didn't succeed. samsung pay will not succeed and non of these technologies will succeed unless it is a group effort between manufacturers   

All I am saying is this will not work unless they get everyone on board, at least most android manufacturers, It needs to be widely accepted in terms of phone manufacturers. Its the same thing with smart homes, everyone comes in saying that nothing works unless it is widely accepted and says that theirs will be but it never is. Apple couldn't even do it, apple pay didn't succeed. samsung pay will not succeed and non of these technologies will succeed unless it is a group effort between manufacturers   

But the thing is, this will work everywhere where magstripe cards work. This is not Samsung making some new standard. This is Samsung making something that works with an old standard. 

This is not at all like Apple Pay.

Samsung could've taken charge and said "NFC only, time for retailers to get with this". Ugh. 

No prices given but it shouldn't be a stretch to imagine that it'll be as expensive if not more expensive as the S5, probably even getting near the Note 4 in pricing. This certainly isn't a cheap piece of kit from Samsungs perspective. 

I agree the closest thing we have to a well implemented widely accepted technology for payment is NFC, and you have seen how long it has taken to get there, now samsung says that none of that works and acts like they are going to re invent wireless payment and start all over, they should have strengthen NFC. The truth of the matter is no manufacturer is going to make a technology like this succeed, it is going to be the users and the stores accepting it. and anyway NFC is RFID in reality, so what ever samsung is using must be RFID, just some locked down implementation  

I agree the closest thing we have to a well implemented widely accepted technology for payment is NFC, and you have seen how long it has taken to get there, now samsung says that none of that works and acts like they are going to re invent wireless payment and start all over, they should have strengthen NFC. The truth of the matter is no manufacturer is going to make a technology like this succeed, it is going to be the users and the stores accepting it. and anyway NFC is RFID in reality, so what ever samsung is using must be RFID, just some locked down implementation  

I hope its just tokenized NFC a la Apple Pay and Google Wallet (I assume Wallet works the same way as well). 

If they want to brand their version as their own, go ahead. Just don't start using different tech to get the payment job done. You want retailers to understand that phones all work the same way, not send conflicting messages. No company is doing this properly, going about it by branding the processes and creating such a mess of it all. 

You're getting mad at me for actually updating my thread and maintaining it and keeping discussion in one area so the forum doesn't get flooded? I could've made another thread for MWC too, I didn't. I just updated what was already there, since the information was relevant and you want to get pissy that I'm doing my part to keep Tech News clean? 

Do you want a WAN Show callout THAT badly? Go ahead. I'll back off, get a mod to merge my thread into YOURS so Luke can say your name next Friday. 

Lol. I've seen that guy lurking complaining about this thread, he is just mad because he made one first and everyone went to this thread because it was better and more offical

I hope its just tokenized NFC a la Apple Pay and Google Wallet (I assume Wallet works the same way as well). 

If they want to brand their version as their own, go ahead. Just don't start using different tech to get the payment job done. You want retailers to understand that phones all work the same way, not send conflicting messages. No company is doing this properly, going about it by branding the processes and creating such a mess of it all. 

yep exactly, it's one thing when apple and android implementations don't work together, but its another when with in android phones, there are many options. google needs to create a way to do this build in with android, so all android flagships have the same technology

Holy crap! Please for the love of God look into what Samsung Pay actually is because you're just talking nonsense right now.

"samsung says that none of that works"

"just some locked down implementation"

Where are you getting this bullshit from? Please, don't make any more posts about Samsung Pay until you have read what it is and how it works.

Holy crap! Please for the love of God look into what Samsung Pay actually is because you're just talking nonsense right now.

"samsung says that none of that works"

"just some locked down implementation"

Where are you getting this bullshit from? Please, don't make any more posts about Samsung Pay until you have read what it is and how it works.

I'm not talking about Magnetic Secure Transmission as it is either gone or is going away (in the US). and samsung pay is using NFC which will be used in most areas accept for US