The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge - MWC Reveal + Phone Arena Preview + Add. Leaks; April 10th launch

Wow what a surprise... I fully expected this thread to be filled with comments such as:

"Samsung copying Apple! It looks like an iPhone!"

"I hate Samsung!"

"HTC is better!"

and wouldn't you know it, I was spot on. The Samsung-hate bandwagon is really predictable these days.

The back doesn't seem removable which worries me. I wonder if we will see an edge version as well like with the Note 4, because the official teaser doesn't look like that.

The hate train has no breaks.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Samsung-King of copying the iPhone look. Why the hell would people want to buy something that looks like an iPhone, when they can just buy the iPhone? Its not like the S6 won't be significantly lower in price.

- because iOS looks like it was designed by someone who's colourblind

- because the iPhone's specs are almost on par with those of the Android flagships ... of 2 years ago

- because people want to drag & drop their files instead of relying on proprietary software to put them on their phone

- because some people want to be able to put their phone in their pocket without having to worry about it bending

1st Build: Intel Core i7 4790K, Cooler Master Nepton 280L, ASUS Z97 Pro Wi-Fi AC, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 8GB 1866MHz, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, Crucial MX100 256GB, Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, Seasonic SS760XP2, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro x64

Peripherals:  Audio Technica ATH-M50s + Antlion ModMic 4.0, Samsung S24D590L, Corsair M65 RGB

Other Devices: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, ASUS Vivotab Note 8.

bears resemblance to Iphone 6? yeah so does literally any smartphone ever. THEY ALL LOOK ABOUT THE SAME.

kinda disapointed if true, that top bezel is crazy

edit? are you kidding? looks identical to my galaxy s4 on the front, besides having a bigger top bezel. how is that moving foward

theres not much you can do to a rectangular brick. Would rather have a triangle phone?!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Looks like a dummy phone. Probably leaked by a case maker. It sure does resemble the iPhone 6 in many aspects.

Well all samsung phones, except a few(namely the note 4), look like dummies :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

http://www.xda-developers.com/major-samsung-galaxy-s6-leak/

XDA member Reefur has just uploaded some photographs that appear to be of the new Samsung Galaxy S6, that he claims he managed to get directly from AT&T head quarters. The pictures certainly match up to the glimpses in teasers we have been seeing recently and If these pictures are indeed of an S6 this clears up many rumours on what to expect.

The device is running Android 5.0.2. The screen size appears to be 5 inches. There are no forward facing stereo speakers instead they are located on the base. The camera protrudes from the back of the device which is made of glass and is not removable meaning the device does not feature a changeable battery which is supported by previous leaks showing a ribbon cable connection. There also appears to be no MicroSD slot which given the rumours that the device is available in 64Gb and 128Gb would make sense to keep costs down, it is not combined with the Sim tray as previously thought.

Current opinion is that the device is an engineering prototype as indicated by the bar code and the “Not For Sale” label on the back of the device.

1424936509980.jpg

Other leaked images:

rps20150225_130521.jpg
rps20150225_130758.jpg
rps20150225_130456.jpg
sim21.jpg
bott.jpg
top.jpg
screen-size.jpg
1424936526750.jpg

Rendered images without the stupid squirrels:

s6_leakcleanup.jpg
s6_leakcleanup2.jpg

"Rawr XD"

wow, the top and bottom look exactly like a iphone 6. And with out an SD slot, this is awful

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

ffs samsung i love you but that is an iphone copy... have you not learned from the lawsuits?

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Samsung already released a teaser video on it didn't they? It didn't look like that.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Really, Samsung? You're one of the few companies that still give you removable batteries and microSD slots, and now you stop doing that? Trying to be like Apple won't help you. This phone will sell even less than the S5, I guarantee it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

An SD card and removable back  was one of the key selling points of the past phones for many people. Why would they change that? And wow that thing looks like an iPhone 6 from the top and bottom. I think the design for this thing is idiotic.

Wow, the edges seem familiarly Apple...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow what a surprise... I fully expected this thread to be filled with comments such as:

"Samsung copying Apple! It looks like an iPhone!"

"I hate Samsung!"

"HTC is better!"

and wouldn't you know it, I was spot on. The Samsung-hate bandwagon is really predictable these days.

"Why must the USB cable from company A look EXACTLY like the USB cable from company B"

That is how I feel at times...

Im more disappointed that Samsung hasn't learned shit and thinks the "lets shotgun our devices and see what sticks"

S6 Edge OR S6 regular. Why both? Why the hell do you enjoy burning RD, manufacturing and supply logistic money like that? Do you enjoy having more SKUs than every other phone maker on Earth combined? 

It it just me or does that camera look pretty gross?  Also it looks like a fat Iphone 6, I'm NOT liking this at all.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

It it just me or does that camera look pretty gross?  Also it looks like a fat Iphone 6, I'm NOT liking this at all.

I know what you mean 

http://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-revealed-in-new-leaked-image/

Z2NV46v.jpg

Another clue has surfaced that Samsung will unveil two models of its Galaxy S6, one with a standard front display and the other with a curved edge.

Posted on Reddit by a user tagged as a "verified employee" of Sprint, a link dubbed "A better teaser" calls up an image asking people to preregister for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.

The image also reveals shots of both phones. As expected, the S6 is shown with the standard front display and the usual frame, or bezel, surrounding the display. The S6 Edge sports a slight curved edge on the right side and apparently on the left side as well.

Other alleged screenshots and reports have already surfaced claiming that Samsung will unveil two new S6 phones, most notably one with a curved edge. But the new screenshot comes from a user named iamdenden, who's apparently been verified by Reddit moderators as a Sprint employee. The new image also uses Samsung's same "Six Appeal" tagline that appears on an official T-Mobile signup page for the new phone.

Samsung needs a hit with the next version of its flagship smartphone. The Galaxy S5 was criticized for being too similar to its predecessor, the S4. And the company has seen its sales and market share drop in the wake of competition from low-cost phones made by Chinese vendors such as Xiaomi and from the big-screened iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus from Apple. The current Galaxy Note Edge already offers a curved display, but just on one side. The new Galaxy S6 phones will also reportedly sport a metal frame as a step up from Samsung's usual plastic body.

But will a Galaxy S phone with a curved display and metal frame give Samsung the edge it needs to win back customers and regain lost market share? We'll find out over the coming quarters. The company is expected to unveil its new Galaxy lineup on Sunday at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

"Rawr XD"

It HATE GLOSS, why cant they make matte stuff :'(

I wish it was 52 degrees in new york 

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

It HATE GLOSS, why cant they make matte stuff :'(

I wish it was 52 degrees in new york 

In regards to what?

A matte screen would feel like shit.

Also I'm pretty sure this is a repost.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Also I'm pretty sure this is a repost.

Not a repost. This is a different source and image. We are talking about the leaked ad in this one, not the device leak where the guy put a bunch of damn squirrels all over the pictures.

"Rawr XD"

Material-wise the S6 is a clear improvement, that is unless the rumors of it being a metal frame with glass on boths sides turns out to be false, which I do hope they don't. The design however has been the same since the S3 it seems. All things considered, huge improvement coming from Samsung, I'm excited to see the final product, especially the Edge