The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; Developer explains why consoles run on 30fps

TwistedDictator

witcher_3-1021x580.jpg

Michał Krzemiński, Senior Art Producer of The Witcher 3 was asked whether they scaled back their targets as far as frame rate goes. He replied with:

“We don’t think like that. When you have a vision to create an RPG that will leave a long lasting impression, you don’t think in terms of resolution or frame rate. You think of adventure, you think of living worlds, and the stuff you’ll be able to do in that world. Technical aspects are kind of secondary, which of course doesn’t mean that we don’t want the graphics to be awesome,”

In other words they didn’t want to sacrifice visuals over frames. The visuals side of the game will give you a “long lasting impression” and you won’t be thinking about frame rate at the time but just the scene. Let’s be honest here, what they are trying to really say is the xbox and PS4 are too weak. If you want the true experience of the Witcher then it must be played on the PC.

Source

Its kinder obv. 30fps 900p is bad lol Feel sorry for the xbox one lol

PC MASTER RACE (there is even a subreddit on on reddit "PCmasterRace" lol (Just recently started using reddit for hearthstone)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Lel.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

wasn't this supposed to be pc exclusive?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Its kinder obv. 30fps 900p is bad lol Feel sorry for the xbox one lol

I don't feel sorry for the Xone, but for all the poor ppl that can't afford a nice PC  :( 

No, not really actually... :3

the Original witcher game started out as PC exclusive yes, but it really became popular and so they expanded to xbone and ps

edit: the main focus is on the pc of course

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

KotOR I was (and still is) one of the best RPGs ever made, and that thing looks like verifiable shit. Stop making excuses for the hardware already. Its mid grade. Thats it. Make a damn good game from it. 

Not everything needs to rival Crysis. I'm okay with 60% of Crysis visuals with 600% of Crysis story. A good game tends to be a good game. Lets not act like a solid chunk of PC users out there will be able to run it any better, some will run it substantially worse. 

the Original witcher game started out as PC exclusive yes, but it really became popular and so they expanded to xbone and ps

They once bashed PC but they have learned their lessons and know how to make a sucessful game.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I don't think anybody was expecting anything else. Witcher games need beefy hardware to run at the best of times; to expect anything like a PS4 or XboxOne to play them at 60 FPS/1080p would be unrealistic and misguided to say the least.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I guess this is fair though. Unlike Battlefield 4, which can be played at 1080p60 on a $150 card, (270x) the "The Witcher" series has always been extremely graphically demanding. Running Witcher 2 at 1080p60 on Ultra (sans Uber Sampling) took a good.. $300 GPU. Why would we even expect consoles to come close if they're running cards comparable to a $130 GPU?

How many of these similar topics are we going to post? Consoles are not as powerful as PCs. Wow! Go figure. I guess that's what happens when your company has a dollar and wattage target.

You get what you pay for. You argue in defense of what you paid for.

All Of This Has Happened Before And Will Happen Again.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

How many of these similar topics are we going to post? Consoles are not as powerful as PCs. Wow! Go figure. I guess that's what happens when your company has a dollar and wattage target.

It's not console bashing (well it is, but it's not personal). It's just the tech community keeping tabs on the arguments that are made to justify the purchase. "Frame rate doesn't matter" and "Resolution is just a number" is really annoying for professional companies to be saying.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I didn't think it really needed explaining.

Then again earlier today I read a story on this forums of stupid fucking writers on Gamespot that can't tell the difference (allegedly, they're just full of shit until proven otherwise if you ask me, bunch of bought motherfuckers)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Then again earlier today I read a story on this forums of stupid fucking writers on Gamespot that can't tell the difference (allegedly, they're just full of shit until proven otherwise if you ask me, bunch of bought motherfuckers)

Their words shouldn't carry any weight when PC is discussed. There are many publications that also cover PC's but treat PC as a red headed stepchild.

Watching and reading game related videos and news over the years, I've observed many of them make downright embarrassing statements. How can a journalist that spends 90% of his time using consoles and a mac form an informed opinion on PC's? Some of them even exposed themselves in broadcasts with awkwardly working on PC. You know what I'm talking about, gripping the mouse like it's going to run away and then trying to aim like that, their FPS footage has to be edited heavily to see them actually shooting a target because their aim is terrible since they never practice as much as on consoles. How can we expect a journo like that to know about DSR, mods or even something banal as using a controller in Steam before declaring PC's as losers of the living room contest in click bait articles.

Someone please find that IGN video when there is 3 of them in the room discussing resolutions.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

KotOR I was (and still is) one of the best RPGs ever made, and that thing looks like verifiable shit. Stop making excuses for the hardware already. Its mid grade. Thats it. Make a damn good game from it. 

Not everything needs to rival Crysis. I'm okay with 60% of Crysis visuals with 600% of Crysis story. A good game tends to be a good game. Lets not act like a solid chunk of PC users out there will be able to run it any better, some will run it substantially worse.

That's not the point...

Witcher 2 already proved that people(on PC) can get GOOD graphics with GOOD(enough) story.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Should have been. Or at least like TW2, made for PC then 2 years later ported to conslow

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Eh I don't really care. As long as it's not made for consoles like some other popular rpgs. Yes I know they are focused on PC. Can't wait for this to be released so I can play at 1680x1050.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

As if this needed explaining, well, maybe to the console players/defenders.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1080p @ med quality > 720p @ high quality

800x600 low quality Master Race reporting in. 

Trying to play BF3 on a dual core, 9400M equipped laptop. Those were the days...

800x600 low quality Master Race reporting in. 

Trying to play BF3 on a dual core, 9400M equipped laptop. Those were the days...

That must have been painful.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs