comman names

chimmychunger

I don't think anyone knows me yet even though I've been a member since the forum started but that's mainly because I wasn't as active on the forum before. But hopefully that will change later as I am on the forum constantly now. :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I've seen you quite a lot in the early stage of the forums, you've started to slow down in posts lately though. 

The first few weeks I was maintaining top poster, but holding that position while at uni and working got a bit difficult.

Now that we have IPB, the forum is so much easier to use (let alone moderate). Uni semester ended a couple of weeks ago, so I won't be going anywhere any time soon :P

i know people by pictures lol, it messes me up when they change it

Yea same here :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

A couple of you MIGHT recognise me, but not too many I'd assume. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. There's only been about 4 people in this thread I haven't recognised.

Well all the Dr. Who fans should recognize captain Jack Harkness (hotness :wub: ) AKA John Barrowman

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Not a lot of members know me, since the bulk of my posts are from the first month of the forum. That said, I take note of members with more than five hundred posts, for moderation reasons.

Yay I'm on your list. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've seen people like joelthezombie, Vitalius, and Windspeed a lot. I usually remember people by their profile pics. If they change it, I kind of have to think about it for a second :P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I probably recognize most users with at least a couple hundred posts.

I'd like to say I've made myself known around here, but with such a massive number of active members I kind of doubt it. :lol:

One thing's for sure: I've posted so much more frequently here than I ever have on a forum. I have 500+ posts on maybe 3 other forums, and it took me years for those to happen. Took me six months here. There's just so much good stuff to talk about in the LTT universe. :P

The other day I had posted 25 times in one day, and that was basically unheard of for me. :lol:

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

i know people by pictures lol, it messes me up when they change it

Actually, I have seen you a lot lately. I recognized you because of your avatar :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I hope I'm recognized

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

im somewhat known on the forums

also its spelt common not comman :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

i actually read this thread title as conman names.i was wondering where you guys get all these names..LOL

Edited by atrash

I probably recognize most users with at least a couple hundred posts.

I'd like to say I've made myself known around here, but with such a massive number of active members I kind of doubt it. :lol:

One thing's for sure: I've posted so much more frequently here than I ever have on a forum. I have 500+ posts on maybe 3 other forums, and it took me years for those to happen. Took me six months here. There's just so much good stuff to talk about in the LTT universe. :P

The other day I had posted 25 times in one day, and that was basically unheard of for me. :lol:

This took me 2-4 weeks (roughly). >:-D

I've seen people like joelthezombie, Vitalius, and Windspeed a lot. I usually remember people by their profile pics. If they change it, I kind of have to think about it for a second :P

Yep. This is my real face.

I've been contemplating changing it since I've realized that GIFs are valid avatars. I have so many ideas.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not a lot of members know me, since the bulk of my posts are from the first month of the forum.

How was that even possible with how broken Vbulletin5 was?

I'm a popular browser, everyone should know me by now :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I feel it was bearable at first, but a few months in, after more vB5 updates, it became borderline unusable. :lol: Then IPB came and the angels sang hallelujah.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Good question - I spent like ten hours a day on the forums, and saw literally every thread for the first month. I remember there was another user, @Money, who had the most posts in the first week and was hot on my heels after that. It's a pity he hasn't resurfaced much since IPB; he was fairly knowledgeable.

I didn't find vBulletin that bad for regular use. For moderating it was near impossible to do anything - moving threads took about 2-3 minutes, using a ghetto method that still broke in some way 20% of the time.

IPB is a blessing :P

• 2 weeks later...

some people may recognise me. i hope they find me interesting. and i need friends.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

There are some people who have a huge amount of post but I barely see them :wacko: and then there are other people who you always find like joelthezombie15

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I might be for my horrible grammar and stupid questions?

i'd like to think that i've kept a pretty low profile here on the forum^^

Mostly because the questions i can answer are usually answered before i even have the time to post :P
and i mostly spend my time in the off topic and general discussion parts of the forum.

There are some people that i come across pretty often. like firefox and joelthezombie15.. whose posts i read in david tennants voice for some reason XD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I assume people are slowly coming to know me. I only recently had a major rise in post count (legit posts, I might add).

Eh. 

...you keep liking my posts... its getting creapy 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

That's because I can like anyone's posts for the following reasons:

1. Good information is in it.

2. It made me laugh. (I liked this one for this reason)

3. I responded to their post and didn't quote them, so it alerts them to come look. (this reason too) That and people can disable notifications for "quotes".

4. Because. (this reason is always valid)

:)

† Christian Member †

DAMMIT now you did it again 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler