What do you think of when you hear the word "Home"?

itsmyjobtoknow

Windows XP

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Of my house.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

the beginning questions in fallout nv(thats what i thought)

second thought

trap

im stuck here at my house been here since i was born

cant drive and its in the middle of nowhere so yeah trapped

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I guess it depends on the context I hear it in or in which the word's used but when I hear the word "home" sometimes I think of the scene in Solaris (2002) where Kris Kelvin wakes up next to Rheya, and from there I think about the scene in the kitchen at the end.

Sometimes it reminds me of a reoccurring dream I have (that I wrote about in another thread here)...

I have a reoccuring nightmare where I'm searching and travelling trying to find my way home, but each train I catch get's derailed, each bus I ride gets, diverted, each road I take has been blocked or fenced off. It generally ends with me finding my way to a place in London called Elephant and Castle, where I just end up circling circling. Sometimes I find my way home to the flats where I live but it's falling to pieces and has been condemned, I try and find my way past the rubble but it just leads me to dead ends of locked iron gates in piles of rubble and broken wood.

There's one woman I dream of more than any other woman I've ever dreamed about (not the woman I would expect it to be (based on my feelings when I'm conscious)), a bottle-blonde from a fitness centre I used to attend), one time I was dreaming and I was on a bus that had been re-routed and had to change drivers, and she came out of the depot and got into the driving seat and suddenly I just wasn't lost any more. I was right where I needed to be. I curled up in the back seat and was finally happy, I was home. I'm not sure what she represents but I dream of her a lot.

Sometimes I just don't want to sleep because all of the wandering feels so tiring.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

When I think of home, I think about our summer house that we have by the sea close to where my mother grew up.

I grew up, and still live, in a town about 20km north of our summer house. I've lived in the same house for all of my life, but it just doesn't feel as "home" as our summer house. This is probably because our house has changed quite a bit since I was born. We're going to build a sauna for our summer house though, so that might feel less like my home in the future.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to be living with someone I really fell in love with; other times I just think about my mum.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

The ideal place. Where i want to be.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Google.com

Since that's my homepage.

Instinctively, home is where I physically spend my time away from everything else.

With a moment of reflection, I decide home is me being alive.  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/314309-what-do-you-think-of-when-you-hear-the-word-home/page-2#entry4273434

"Meet me in Montauk" Beach House Scene with Joel & Clementine, and following montage.

Lamb - Gorecki

Anna Ternheim - My Heart  Still Beats for You (version with shades of electronica)

Plecebo - I'll Be Yours

Zero 7 - Home

Peter Gabriel - Mercy Street

Jesu - The Stars that Hang Above You

Also, this...

Moon (2009) Trailer

I want so much to move forward with my life but I've nowhere to go.

All I have is my dreams and they're mostly just re-purposed nightmares. 

...and these stupid games...that let me pretend they may work.

They say home is where the heart is...but mine's been stolen.

Jim Henson's The Cube (1969)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kEYg67Ujg

Pretenders - I Go To Sleep (Official Video)

Dell Optiplex 740 w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 4gb DDR2 ram, some generic GPU, and a wireless card. Windows 10 tech preview, build 9926. Fuck Job Corps.

when I think of home its not where i live, nor where I keep my stuff its the place I was born

something like this

ff6aa3b98024e8bffaed4604b1cddba6_l.jpg

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Phone home screen.

Jk.

Just my house and the town I live in....

...and in addition to this...

...this...

Because I Can - Katy Rose

Solaris (2002)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Moon (2009)

Jim Henson's The Cube (1969)

The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)

Garden State (2004)

Big Fan (2009)

Fight Club (1999)

Ghost World (2001) 

And that's about it...

...I don't think I can really do any more than this. I've (more or less) got things to be getting on with. 

:0/

Anywhere but where I live now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The world is a noisy place filled with noisy people all shouting over one another to be heard without thinking of those who might be deafened. Home is a place where I can hide myself away from the suffocating roar of the world, it's a place filled with distractions that can keep my mind off of my physical ailments and worries and give me some small measure of comfort. Every moment away from home is tremendously draining and the longer I'm away from it the harder it becomes to stay calm and collected and focus on what I'm doing.

For me home means Salvation, that's what I think when I hear it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I think of the place where I hide my weed which is usually somewhere (real) close.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18