Sony is no longer an electronics company

PillowSmoke

That graph of the verge is bullshit!

It's not far off if you look at the report on Sony's website. I think posting the original documents Sony put on their site would've worked better.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Not to mention their camera's are pretty nice. Their sensors are amazing, and their cameras are far from Nikon and Canon. I think they just did too much at a single time and didnt focus their efforts into one thing. That's why they are falling now. 

There's a few reasons. Howard Stringer ran the company into the ground. Apparently he changed the entire internal structure at Sony. There was also extreme fragmentation between Sony JP and the other Sony Regions. According to Kaz, there was little to no communication between them. The other issue is that they were pumping out too many products too quickly and building products that no one would buy, like the e-ink tab/book thing and the ridiculously priced walkman. As a photo nut, I never bought into Sony systems because it's way too fragmented.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

My first own mobilephone was a sony ericsson. :( Sad to see them leave. :D

Sony Ericsson is still going. The Xperia's are part of the range. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I was a big Sony nut (every electronic in my house was Sony - basically a rule until more recently)until I got burned by the PS3 (got burned by the 360 too) and their terrible customer service.

Well, i like Sony, and my family does too, but since we aren't exactly rich, and are from a poor country, "bang for the buck" is a norm :D My father also swears by those Sony cassette walkmans :D

4. the console peasant division.

Do man children like you ever have a logical thought in your brains or do you just go around saying "DAE MASTER RACE PEASANT WHOOOO" hoping you get social acceptance from all the other man children? 

On topic, its sad to see Sony struggling but its not like they couldn't have seen this coming from miles away. They tried to run a North American empire from Japan, two vastly different ideologies and practices in the corporate world. This is the company that straight up sells BUILDINGS just to offset losses. 

Well, i like Sony, and my family does too, but since we aren't exactly rich, and are from a poor country, "bang for the buck" is a norm :D My father also swears by those Sony cassette walkmans :D

I dont blame your father. I've had a few cassette and CD walkmans that have lived past everything else I've ever owned. One of the cassette walkmans along with a pair of MDR V6's are older than I am lol. They used to be the kings of quality.

I dont blame your father. I've had a few cassette and CD walkmans that have lived past everything else I've ever owned. One of the cassette walkmans along with a pair of MDR V6's are older than I am lol. They used to be the kings of quality.

Even my sister listened to it :D 

And yes, Sony has been dropping in quality :( I have Xperia M2 (an awesome phone, for my needs), and it literally turned green! For some time i had orange Teracell case on it, and it turned green... Now i switched to a black case, but it's still green.... I know it's not high end, but still :(

Here, i think i found it :D If my memory serves me right, this is the one my father had :D

sony-walkman.jpg

I am 99% sure that it is that model, he even confirmed it for me :D

am i the only one who doesnt want sony to go bye bye? i know they have been a piece of shit for the most part, but we still need them. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Sony Ericsson is still going. The Xperia's are part of the range. 

Sony and Ericsson have now broken up their partnership

Sony and Ericsson have now broken up their partnership

And with that came the plummet. Sony are really losing it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It was time when Sony was a status symbol and I'm not talking about the exhausted PS brand. From car audio to Home A/V, everyone wanted their stuff, while Samsung for instance was still a cheap copy-cat sweatshop... and now look at them. -_-

Well there are winners and losers in the mobile market. Sony had no luck at all besides that I don't like there phones.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

meh

every sony product i had broke 

Sony z2 screen came loose

some Sony speaker broke halfway through a song

Sony ultra book fan broke 

either sony's bad

or my lucks terrible 

Yeap my Sony products have been unreliable too! even if the issues did occur within warranty period.

My 46" XBR tv had panel issues that were very common - Got the panel replaced just before warranty expired, panel broke again within a year.

Lots of Xperia Z2 QC issues around in other forums!

My Rig - Intel 4670K (4.3Ghz) Cooler Noctua NH-C14| Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H | 16GB GSkill 1866MHz | Gigabyte 7970 OC  | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Thermaltake Overseer RX-I  | Thermaltake TP Qfan 750w

Brothers rig- AMD FX-6100(4.1 GHz) | Gigabyte 990FXA -D3 | 8GB GSkill 1866MHz | Sapphire 7870 Ghz OC  | Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb | Antec 900 v3  | Antec Neopower Blue 650w

Sony Financial services is not listed, only in the graph.  It's been the only division that's been keeping the company afloat for so long.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Also, what do you think about this @connorpiper O.o

It is just more and more depressing. After VAIO went away, it really is hard to follow. 

The dying of Sony is also causing the crash of the Japanese economy. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It's a sad situation, but not at all unexpected. Sony has had it's head shoved firmly up it's own ass for many years and outright refused to adapt to current trends on top of producing some absolutely awful quality devices. All the bad departmental relations meant nothing felt cohesive and they made a MASSIVE blunder on the PS3, costing them millions early on. Despite great promise and ideas early on Howard Stringer was horrible for the company and just drove it further and further into the ground. While by far not their biggest mistake Sony's astronomically horrible mishandling of the PSP and Vita has effectively killed any chance they ever had to making a dent in Nintendo's market. Sony still doesn't seem to have any idea how to make a good move into the mobile gaming space which is HUGE in Japan and not remotely small around the world. A series of terrible decisions and horrible management have put Sony in this position and it all could have been avoided by putting intelligent, open-minded people at the top and not having the insane arrogance to believe they can never lose their top spot.

My first phone as a Sony Ericsson W580i, and that thing was practically bulletproof. But I feel things went downhill after they split with Ericsson. I had a Sony Xperia Ion, one of the first phones to be released after the split-up, and it was just plagued with issues.

"Rawr XD"

my thread has more information.

that's because my post is from the instant news/breaking news (I googled the news when I saw Japanese news media report the spin-off, and the source I quoted in my post was the only English source available at that time (that I can find) ), while yrs is from The Verge's well written article with details...

So, yes, yr post has more info and better written than mine, but maybe you can mention it in yr post, since someone did post it before you??

(btw, I just notice, the post I called yr post a repost is my 1000th post...)