Obama claims EU can't compete with technology.

Prastupok

obama.jpg

So, it's shaping up to be an interesting day. President Obama essentially called out the EU. If you didn't know, the past few years have been a slurry of different regulations from the European Union towards American-based companies. And obviously, he's had enough.

"Barack Obama has angered officials in Europe after suggesting that investigations by the European Union into companies like Google and Facebook were "commercially driven." In an interview witRecode, the president claimed that European "service providers who … can’t compete with ours, are essentially trying to set up some roadblocks for our companies to operate effectively there." The truth, however, is more nuanced than this.

Obama says: "We have owned the internet. Our companies have created it, expanded it, perfected it in ways that they can’t compete. And oftentimes what is portrayed as high-minded positions on issues sometimes is just designed to carve out some of their commercial interests."

Maybe it's me... but being petty about this kind of thing is really not worthwhile when so much bad is going on in the world. The internet is not a country's doing, Mr. Obama. It's the world's doing. It's not for one country to "rule", it's not for one man to oversee. It's the overwhelming sea of knowledge just waiting to be grasped. If you can't grab on without claiming we own(ed) it, then you surely have more to learn. On lynda.com/linus perhaps?

The same is true for the EU, so don't think I'm hounding just one. Everyone needs to realize that the internet is bigger than one person... even Potus.

Source: The Verge

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

"perfected the Internet"

Yes, I completely agree with paying 70$ a month in a huge US city for 18/3 from AT&T. I also agree with having to pay an additional 30$ just to make sure my family's data is private.

Obama to the eu:

CvFEYnx.gif

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

ok so obama has said that the U.S.A. is superior to the most of europe, wow great job obama

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Paying 15 euros for 4Mbit here.

Fuck rural areas.

Well we have fucked up homophobic government so the internet is only good thing :D (and of course we have nice Women and Nature )

There should be a separate government (for pretty much every country) filled with younger people that understand the internet to be in charge with handling anything internet related.

just because other countries are not as BIG as others doesnt mean that they are inferior to the USA

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Sorry can hear him over 200 Mbit internet for 15 euros in fucking Slovakia :-* :)

Which provider? I pay 10€ for 30/5 MB/s (GaYa provider)

Well, he just started a real crapstorm...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Well al gore did invent the internet so we do have that going for us as well.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Yeah, fuck the EU for trying to be reasonable, they should let their ISPs run rampant until the president has to intervene and recommend that the FCC stops their fucking crap.....wait...

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't always agree with what EU decides but come on... For every bad decision they make regarding the Internet the US makes 3. I think Obama is very full of himself as well if he claims that US companies has created the Internet. The US created the Internet (the network) but are currently ruining it, and if he is referring to The World Wide Web then sorry but CERN would like a word with you Mr Obama.

A lot of the things that make the web work are not from the US either. Linux (Finland), MySQL (Sweden), PHP (Greenland/Canada), web browsers (England) and many more.

Well al gore did invent the internet so we do have that going for us as well.

I'm talking of course... about ManBearPig.

In all seriousness, this kind of head-up-their-assery is what holds us back as a species.

I don't always agree with what EU decides but come on... For every bad decision they make regarding the Internet the US makes 3. I think Obama is very full of himself as well if he claims that US companies has created the Internet. The US created the Internet (the network) but are currently ruining it, and if he is referring to The World Wide Web then sorry but CERN would like a word with you Mr Obama.

A lot of the things that make the web work are not from the US either. Linux (Finland), MySQL (Sweden), PHP (Greenland/Canada), web browsers (England) and many more.

Mr. Berners-Lee deserves the credit.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Sorry can hear him over 200 Mbit internet for 15 euros in fucking Slovakia :-* :)

What provider, what city. Link me to their website please. Need to see to believe.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What's that Obama? I cant here you over the sound of the multiple ISPs I have to choose from. 

I'm not free enough to come up with a counter to Obama's claims.

Thanks Obama Cameron. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Most of the legislation he's pissed off at is just preventing servers holding personal data from being held anywhere the NSA has legal grounds to access (not that that stops them.)

And yeah, ARM just can't compete in the mobile market, can they? How will they ever get their foot in the door...

EU: Mila Kunis

US: Honey Boo-Boo

How's that superior technology treating you, Obama?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Well in Singapore we just had 1Gbps unlimited fiber gone down to SGD $50 (equal to USD $36.85 or €32.37 or £24)

https://www.singtelshop.com/unlimited/unlimited.jsf?utm_source=singtel.com&utm_medium=promolanding_page&utm_campaign=UF_SG50

I need to add my connection speed (16mb) to my sign. so people stop torturing me :(

BTW it says U.P. 99$ so I guess it will go up after a certain period.

Regardless of the low price, I hate u !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'm not sure why people are reading so much into this. This is just another old man ignorant about technology. U.S. based tech companies can tell him whatever they want and he wouldn't have the technical background to know better.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit