How do you Native English speakers feel about this?

IMPERIUS

it genuinley annoys me i automaticly think an person is stupid if they make stupid gramatical errors .thats why I go back and edit my post if i spot a grammer mistake.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I don't care unless you're trying to be a dick and you're making it difficult to read what you're saying.

But I don't mind if a genuinely kind person makes mistakes.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

it genuinley annoys me i automaticly think an person is stupid if they make stupid gramatical errors .thats why I go back and edit my post if i spot a grammer mistake.

Top kek

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I come from the land where they invented English and I'm a old fart but don't care how it's written or spoken as long as it's understandable. The gramer police can go and "do one" as far as I'm concerned, they have to realize the language is constantly changing and what was right last decade is not the same as what will be right in the next.If that was not the case we would all be talking olde-worlde English like William Shakespeare, cool in the film but daft if you tried it in rl. 

Pete

It genuinely annoys me, I automatically think a person is stupid if they make stupid grammatical errors. That's why I go back and edit my post if I spot a grammer mistake.

Grammar Nazi approved.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Until "grammer" I didn't even noticed what you did, then I read the post again and realized how bad my brain is  :lol:

People can contribute quality content even using Google translator.

at native english speakers,

which one do you use for possessions:

their, there or they're? ^^

Edit:

Also, natives thinking "could've" means "could of" annoy the crap out of the *german* me.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

But "could've" means "could have" which is the phrase most likely to be said. "Could of" is bad grammar.

See? Even fluent speakers get tripped up and it's ok. For those first time posting, it may take a while for people to give you the benefit of the doubt but for long time posters, relax. We already discount the mistakes and basically ignore them. Or, of course, it's very obvious that you're a non native poster. The vast majority of the people on this board are not mean or intolerant. Take your time and post what you want. Clarity of thought is much more important than proper grammar and spelling.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

at native english speakers,

which one do you use for possessions:

their, there or they're? ^^

Edit:

Also, natives thinking "could've" means "could of" annoy the crap out of the *german* me.

The answer is "their" - example: Their house is for sale.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Just a quick thought- how do you, as a native english speaker feel about some gramatical mistakes that people on this forum make like e.g. when you only write one L instead of two or when you use the wrong word to describe something (or don't remember it)?

I dont mind if you genuinely dont know better, mistakes are how you can learn. I dont mind the occasional errors either (no apostrophes, capitalization) , this a forum, not an essay. But if you purposely butcher the English language because you are overly lazy or think its cool, fuck you and everything you stand for, you ignorant cunts.

While I may be a native English (Simplified/US) speaker I do quite dislike this language and favor French.

French, like Arabic, is a soft spoken language. When an American speaks those languages, it sounds like we are yelling at them.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

French, like Arabic, is a soft spoken language. When an American speaks those languages, it sounds like we are yelling at them.

It does depend on the person I suppose. Though I love how French just goes with the flow.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I usually fucking hide my grammar mistakes with fucking curse words and shit, people tend to either like or dislike what I said a lot more by focusing on the wrong fucking thing.  :lol:

-------

Current Rig

-------

It makes me laugh a little and feel better about myself. As long as it's still readable.

Don't care that much.

What I can't stand is in American English they use these sayings 'over at' 'up there' 'down at' 'hook you up' '

I don't know why but these sayings are vague, odd, weird and generally they make me cringe.

Especially Tek Syndicate likes to use them

' we're hooking you guys up'

You hook them? Like fish?

@IMPERIUS : When ever I use a word that I can't remember the writing or the word it self , Google is my friend ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Try to speak my fucking language as well as I do and then try to complain about my English grammatical mistakes.

I don't hate on people who do not use proper grammar, but there's always that tiny bit of annoyance. 

I always try and make completely correct sentences and nice formatting, and when I see a wall of text, without capitals, apostrophes and correct formatting, I have a subconscious eye roll.  

If it's not your native language, than obviously I'm not going to expect you to generate a proper sentence, even if English is your first language.

I, along with the majority (I'd think), would think that such is hardly pleasant.  

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I think most native English speakers barely know the language at all.  In foreign countries, at least from what I've seen, teaching English grammer is the most important thing, because not only does English have a very complex grammer structure, it also has exceptions to every single rule in the book.  In most other languages, conjugation is a well ordered and simple ordeal (but I still suck at Spanish), but then you come to English and somehow the past tense of think --> thought, "i before e except after c" except in every single exception in the universe, passive vs active voice, etc...yeah English is a shitty language.

I will excuse mistakes, but sometimes non-native speakers jumble around things so much that it drives me crazy.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The rampant misuse of conjunctions annoys me to no end. A good example is the first word in the third post after the OP.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Just a quick thought- how do you, as a native english speaker feel about some gramatical mistakes that people on this forum make like e.g. when you only write one L instead of two or when you use the wrong word to describe something (or don't remember it)?

given that most native english speakers can speak english proppa (see what did there) and that i personally am dyslexic....i couldn't give 2 shiny shits

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I think most native English speakers barely know the language at all.  In foreign countries, at least from what I've seen, teaching English grammer is the most important thing, because not only does English have a very complex grammer structure, it also has exceptions to every single rule in the book.  In most other languages, conjugation is a well ordered and simple ordeal (but I still suck at Spanish), but then you come to English and somehow the past tense of think --> thought, "i before e except after c" except in every single exception in the universe, passive vs active voice, etc...yeah English is a shitty language.

I will excuse mistakes, but sometimes non-native speakers jumble around things so much that it drives me crazy.

Very true. I considered myself relatively good until I had a module on written communication and took up subjects like phonetics. Things like passive and active voice in written communication were relatively simple but the true killer was phonetics. The correct way to stress words, the correct timing and rhythm when speaking, intonation etc. 

Non-native speaker here.

I've seen that most people, even native speakers, don't give 2 sh*ts about forming sentences perfectly. If someone cares about it to the point of perfection, then the person is usually either a "beginner" in English, worrying about his/her ability to speak English, or then the person is a grammar nazi (note the word usually). There might be some small mistakes here and there, and in some cases there can be so huge errors they shouldn't be understandable... Yet they are all perfectly understandable (by humans, at least. Voice-recognition isn't quite up there yet). So I don't really care, as long as it's understandable and you're not doing it on purpose (like 1337-speak, unless it's clear that you're just doing it for the laughs).

English does have a lot of exceptions to the rules, but English is still one of the easiest languages to learn. But for other languages, I guess people would react a little differently, pointing fingers and saying words to newbies in tones like "Speak as well as a native or don't speak it at all". For example this is a case in here: if you don't speak like you're supposed to, nearly everyone assumes that you're mentally disabled in any kind of way and/or suggest you to speak English instead of Finnish. Though this is justified, as English is actually widely used, with hundreds of millions of native speakers alone and the fact that it's a very widely used language, nearly no-one is expected to speak it perfectly (and I guess this could apply to other widely spoken languages like Spanish as well), meanwhile our little language (Finnish) is completely useless, with only 5 million speaking it natively, so no-one expects anyone to speak it except natives (and thus if you speak oddly, people assume you're either retarded or drunk).

This is just my opinion, though. The facts could be different, but this is just what I think of this.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.