AMD R9 390X Coming With Cooler Master Liquid Cooler + Estimated Performance

GPUXPert

That card isn't a 295x2, it's actually classed as 2 290's, I think that's why they could release it with an air cooler.

It's two 290x'S. Check the powercolor website.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Because AMD had the brilliant idea to buy out ATI, a decision that will be the end of them; IMHO. I think that was such a big mistake. 

That doesn't answer the question but OK.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

Because AMD had the brilliant idea to buy out ATI, a decision that will be the end of them; IMHO. I think that was such a big mistake. 

To be honest the ATi buyout in itself wasn't a bad move, grossly overpaying for it was the real kicker. And then selling off their mobile GPU assets, which we can quite clearly see was a terrible move.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

OK. But then you have to deal with not being able to game in the summer because your room gets unreasonably hot. (Note, this doesn't change just because you've shoved an AIO on it.) Or even if you can deal with the heat, your increased ambient temperature is causing your GPU to throttle. Or you could just not live in the USA and thus you actually do pay a lot for your electricity. And couple that with the fact that the 290X is still more expensive than the 970 by a decent amount outside the US and doesn't perform better generally speaking, and then how exactly does AMD make more sense?

They've deemed it inefficient enough to need the same cooling solution as the 295X2. It's not going to be anything like as efficient as Maxwell.

Okay, you clearly have no idea what efficient means.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

It may be a bad move for them but it is a good thing for us, users. 

If ATI were to go down and nvidia dominates the market. Imagine all the overpriced cards. 

Oh and imagine everyone were forced to buy 970s.

THE HORROR.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It's rumoured to cost about $1500 USD. So I guess you're getting half of one?

Thats the 395x2, not the 390x

Okay, you clearly have no idea what efficient means.

I'm sorry, I was unaware that you considered heating a GPU's primary function. No, I can see why you would not consider heat a waste energy product in this situation. I hate to break it to you, though, for most people it is most definitely not its primary purpose.

I'm sorry, I was unaware that you considered heating a GPU's primary function. No, I can see why you would not consider heat a waste energy product in this situation. I hate to break it to you, though, for most people it is most definitely not its primary purpose.

I can run my 2600k off the stock fan, that doesn't mean I can't go and put an AIO on it. Same goes for the 390x, just because it can run on a fan doesn't mean AMD can't go and put and AIO on it and make it run BETTER at reference.

I can run my 2600k off the stock fan, that doesn't mean I can't go and put an AIO on it. Same goes for the 390x, just because it can run on a fan doesn't mean AMD can't go and put and AIO on it and make it run BETTER at reference.

You're aware that changing the cooler does not affect how much heat the GPU emits?

Also the stock cooler you are removing from your CPU costs about £3. I think that's a fair enough thing to bundle with it and give you the option of replacing. Who pays for the AIO that AMD are shipping along with the GPU? Are they just going to automatically add £70-£100 onto the price of what is already a £300-£400 product? Or are AMD going to take that out their... lol... profits? If every Intel CPU was bundled with a H110 because it performed well and all consumers were expected to pay for that just because, that would be outrageous. I'm saying this as someone who has and uses a H110 -- it's a ridiculous solution to come as part of the GPU unless it has to be. Which in the case of the 295X2 it did have to be.

I guess they learned something since their LAST single gpu reference design ^^ this is awesome, I hope nvidia gets on board with the liquid cooling reference design hype as well, there's little reason not to.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I guess they learned something since their LAST single gpu reference design ^^ this is awesome, I hope nvidia gets on board with the liquid cooling reference design hype as well, there's little reason not to.

But these are such badass air cooler designs though! 

GeForce-GTX-690-image04.jpg

You're aware that changing the cooler does not affect how much heat the GPU emits?

Also the stock cooler you are removing from your CPU costs about £3. I think that's a fair enough thing to bundle with it and give you the option of replacing. Who pays for the AIO that AMD are shipping along with the GPU? Are they just going to automatically add £70-£100 onto the price of what is already a £300-£400 product? Or are AMD going to take that out their... lol... profits? If every Intel CPU was bundled with a H110 because it performed well and all consumers were expected to pay for that just because, that would be outrageous. I'm saying this as someone who has and uses a H110 -- it's a ridiculous solution to come as part of the GPU unless it has to be. Which in the case of the 295X2 it did have to be.

120mm rad AIO's aren't that expensive, matey.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

But these are such badass air cooler designs though! 

GeForce-GTX-690-image04.jpg

It does look cool... well, I guess it's up to them to find the way to keep the badass design and integrate an aio ^^ good looking stock coolers aren't a big deal if people don't want them because other solutions are more efficient.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

is the card more like 1000usd, or more towards 500usd?

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

120mm AIOs can be had for like 40 bucks :) and that's for consumers, I'm sure AMD would get them for cheaper.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

120mm AIOs can be had for like 40 bucks :) and that's for consumers, I'm sure AMD would get them for cheaper.

The only ones I've seen in that price range have been uber thin ones. I was at least doing AMD the courtesy of assuming that they were going to put a good AIO on it... :-/

120mm rad AIO's aren't that expensive, matey.

$50 minimum including fan(s) and mounting hardware.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

is the card more like 1000usd, or more towards 500usd?

750, to be priced evenly against the 980 and undercut the Titan II estimated to launch at $1350.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The only ones I've seen in that price range have been uber thin ones. I was at least doing AMD the courtesy of assuming that they were going to put a good AIO on it... :-/

The seidon 120v would be more than enough considering there is ALSO a fan and a bigass heatsink on the card :)

after all, if this was enough for a 295x2, even a slightly thinner aio shouldn't have a problem with a single gpu card...

Radeon_R9Fan_WaterCooler_Product_Shot_Bi

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

750, to be priced evenly against the 980 and undercut the Titan II estimated to launch at $1350.

ok I will wait for the 380x then :D

will only go for the 390x if the performance, or oc headroom will be worth it, but i doubt it.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Consider that they're being bought in bulk, bringing down the cost per unit. Not massively, but I'm willing to guess by about 20%

Source?

I bet it's not even half that price. 15/20 dollars at max.

Source?

I bet it's not even half that price. 15/20 dollars at max.

Someone underestimates the cost of raw copper, foundry and molding equipment aside. If you look at the raw cost of copper per ounce, you'd know it's not remotely possible to build a 120x120x25mm rad for less than $35

Someone underestimates the cost of raw copper, foundry and molding equipment aside. If you look at the raw cost of copper per ounce, you'd know it's not remotely possible to build a 120x120x25mm rad for less than $35

Uh... I don't underestimate anything - these are off the shelf parts. What you are saying makes sense if they are building a production line, but these parts are being made for years.

Wanna bet I can find you cheaper solutions?