[LTT video idea] Behind the Scenes - The production of a LTT video

MrSuperb

A video about making videos.

After watching the last WAN show and hearing Linus rambling about how long it takes to shoot B-Roll, I wonder if you guys would be interested in a video (series) about producing a LTT video?

e.g. 

Part 1) selecting a product for review

Part 2) writing a script / preparation

Part 3) filming

Part 4) editing (Edzel/Brandon could lead through their standard editing steps)

Part 5) etc ...

@LinusTech @nicklmg @Slick

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

+1 to this

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Yes. Do the thing.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg make it happen. 

PostedAgain/10 idea

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes. That would be amazing

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

+69 would watch this.

I love the LTT hours tour video

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

YES!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I would love this, i'v been wanting one for ages! 

A great way to not inly help us grasp the work that goes in but also nice to see how the whole system works and meet the members of the team :) 

I'd love a good documentary style video maybe 2x30 mins or 3x20 :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I would love to see this chaos.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I recommend that 500$ build for sure over the first one, good luck with your choice. =)

hi

It's something wed love to do. It's literally been on my production calendar for months...

The issue is that it would be very time consuming and possibly even a little boring to watxh since most of it is just sitting and write or sitting in front of premiere :P

It's something wed love to do. It's literally been on my production calendar for months...

The issue is that it would be very time consuming and possibly even a little boring to watxh since most of it is just sitting and write or sitting in front of premiere :P

Well, maybe part of the video could be watching Edzel remove/edit all the boring parts ^.^, would be good if you guys did something like this; even if it was not the entire process.

I would personally love to see this, I would actually be interested in the editing that is done for the videos such as in premiere, as it's something I'm a bit interested in.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Just fix some cameras in the office and do some timelapses. then add some commentary :P

or collect questions people have here on the forum about the whole process and make some kinda interviews with your employees (if they are cool with it)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Montage it?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Well, you could do something like have either the person doing the work talking about their process, eg. you talking about the general points you try to hit and the rough format you have when writing a script, or you could have a voice over with b-roll of said person working, eg. Edzel doing a voice over of his rough editing process with b-roll since editing and explaining everything at the same time could be annoying and distracting.

Then again, a complete timelapse could also be cool. Having a combination of camera footage and screen recording all cut together.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P