Samsung Galaxy S6 chassis leaked ? (all metal ,but non-removable back, very simiIlar to the Phone 6)

Nineshadow

So I read the title and rolled my eyes. Oh great another Samsung copy's Iphone thread or vice-versa.

But damn that looks exactly like the Iphone 6 :/. I'm not a big fan of the super rounded edges. I prefer the xperia approach with a little sharper edges.

Will it bend? And will the skin over Android suck ass? If not then nice phone.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

There are similarities yes between any phones but still...this still is pretty similar to the IPhone 6.

"Oh, because it has bottom speakers?"

No...just overall, it resembles the IPhone 6.

I mean...look at Sony's design line.

That's original.

Or the LG G3.

OnePlus One

HTC's M8 which started all this metal thing.

Nexus 6 (Motorola) - which has metal edges btw, but their design are totally different than the IPhone 6

They're all different.

This is just...a combination of Samsung and Apple design.

There are differences, yes, but they're rather subtle.

Notice something with all the phones you listed? None of them have physical home buttons, and most of them are made out of plastic.

I don't get how you can say the Sony phone doesn't look like an iPhone. Remove the black paint and add a physical home button and people would most certainly mistake it for an iPhone 6.

A lot of people said Apple copied HTC when the design of the iPhone 6 were announced, so there are plenty of people who think the M8 and iPhone 6 looks similar. They do share a lot of the same design elements.

The rest of the list are mostly different because of the lack of, or different placement of buttons (for example LG on the back) as well as using a different material (plastic instead of aluminum). Overall they all follow the exact same basic design though. It's just some minor details here and there that makes them look a bit more different.

And to clarify for like the 10th time because I know someone will bring it up again. No, I am not saying the S6 don't look like an iPhone. I am not even saying how much or little it looks like an iPhone. What I am saying is that there is a big difference between sharing similarities and actually coping. I am also trying to say, let's wait for a picture of a fully assembled phone before judging it.

Notice something with all the phones you listed? None of them have physical home buttons, and most of them are made out of plastic.

I don't get how you can say the Sony phone doesn't look like an iPhone. Remove the black paint and add a physical home button and people would most certainly mistake it for an iPhone 6.

A lot of people said Apple copied HTC when the design of the iPhone 6 were announced, so there are plenty of people who think the M8 and iPhone 6 looks similar. They do share a lot of the same design elements.

The rest of the list are mostly different because of the lack of, or different placement of buttons (for example LG on the back) as well as using a different material (plastic instead of aluminum). Overall they all follow the exact same basic design though. It's just some minor details here and there that makes them look a bit more different.

And to clarify for like the 10th time because I know someone will bring it up again. No, I am not saying the S6 don't look like an iPhone. I am not even saying how much or little it looks like an iPhone. What I am saying is that there is a big difference between sharing similarities and actually coping. I am also trying to say, let's wait for a picture of a fully assembled phone before judging it.

Exactly.They have a lot of similar design choices.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The M8 is overrated. HTC's 2010 flagship had a metal unibody design that no one seems to remember. The HD2 even had a removable metal back cover. 

htc-desire-hd-new-1.jpg

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

The M8 is overrated. HTC's 2010 flagship had a metal unibody design that no one seems to remember. The HD2 even had a removable metal back cover.

Hang on, are you referring to the HTC HD2 (codename Leo) or the HTC Desire HD (codename Ace)?

That pic is a Desire HD on Froyo, the HD2 had Windows Phone 6.5 on it (which is probably why nobody remembers that phone, even HTC Sense couldn't save that OS)

I wouldn't call the M8 overrated, it is one of the best phones out there even if its successor's reveal is a month or so away.

1. Please give me a proper metal(y) back or high quality plastic. None of that fake leather BS.

2. TouchWiz. Get rid of it. It's garbage. Just stick with stock Android or go for something more lightweight than the slow bloatware that is TouchWiz.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Similarities does not equal copying though.

Oh COME ON. They get rid of the removable back, (which you always praised) make it unibody metal, curve the edges at nearly the same degree, drill speaker holes in the bottom, chamfer the connector hole, copy the button layout, and IT STILL does not look exactly like an iPhone to you? I dare you to show this to a layperson. I bet you a warning point that they think it's an iPhone 6/s leak.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The speaker holes are the same? It's just a bunch of holes. Speakers need holes in order to let sound out. I guess they could have made the holes rectangular but that would have been far more expensive (ever tried drilling a square shape?) and not had any practical benefit.

The design of the USB port is a standard from the USB implementation forum. The only way to make it look less like the iPhone would be to not use USB (which would be breaking the law in the EU).

There are only 2 sensible places to put the 3.5mm headphone jack. The top of the phone and the bottom of the phone. What's Samsung going to do, always put the headphone jack on the top for the sole purpose of being different from Apple? I guess HTC are copying Apple as well because that has the headphone jack on the bottom as well...

"The style of the antenna break points" are iPhone esque? It's just a strip of plastic. I really can't think of any other way to make it, unless you do like on the original iPhone and just have a huge part of the back be plastic. Please tell me how to give the radios a window on an aluminum body that doesn't look like that. On top of Apple not being first with it (HTC did it on the M7 before Apple), they aren't even in the same location. The strips are on the bottom.

If the iPhone's aluminum body is colored then it's colored in the same color as aluminum. Just Google some images of aluminum and you will see that it is that exact color. I wouldn't be surprised if the part shown in the images are fresh of the CNC machine and are completely untreated.

i cant be arsed. you have most of this thread commenting on how it looks like the iphone 6 and yet you keep trying to defend it....in the end who gives a shit becasue, and lets face it, samsung are struggling right now they seem to have lost there edge, if the ever had one

Oh COME ON. They get rid of the removable back, (which you always praised) make it unibody metal, curve the edges at nearly the same degree, drill speaker holes in the bottom, chamfer the connector hole, copy the button layout, and IT STILL does not look exactly like an iPhone to you? I dare you to show this to a layperson. I bet you a warning point that they think it's an iPhone 6/s leak.

dont bother you wjill only get drawn into a pointless argeument.....nice to see you back by the way

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Those pics taken at the assembly line?? I knew it.. :P:D

i cant be arsed. you have most of this thread commenting on how it looks like the iphone 6 and yet you keep trying to defend it....in the end who gives a shit becasue, and lets face it, samsung are struggling right now they seem to have lost there edge, if the ever had one

I am not "defending it". Hell look at my comment:

"Anyway about the phone, fuck Samsung if they do this. I don't want form over function and this is a prime example of it. Sacrificing very useful features for "muh build quality" bullshit."

When did Samsung "copy the button layout"? They have different button layouts (S6 most likely has 2 capacitive buttons) and Samsung were the first (at least out of Apple and Samsung) to have the buttons on the side of the phone instead of the top. If anyone is copying someone's button layout then it's Apple copying Samsung by moving the power button to the same location Samsung have had it in since the Galaxy S 1. I won't call that copying though because it's the most logical and functional place to have it in.

The iPhone was not the first to have speakers in the bottom of the phone, and it's functionally better than having it on the back. You might as well complain that Samsung is "copying" Apple by having the screen be on the front.

Of course the curve will be almost the same. More or less of a curve and you will end up with sharp edges, which is very uncomfortable when you made a phone out of aluminum.

It seems like people are still missing my point so I will just quote it again:

If you think Samsung are copying Apple then fine. I most likely won't be able to change your mind. When you complain that Samsung introduces new things that makes the device better (like moving the speakers from the back to the bottom) then I think you're stupid. To me, that's like complaining cars have round steering wheels because only 1 manufacturer should be allowed to do that. The rest should of the car manufacturers should get their own shape, like a triangle or a square.

Apple weren't even first with that design (look at the Xperia Z1, it is very very similar to the iPhone 6 if you just replace the glass with aluminum), yet I don't hear anyone go "Apple copied Sony!" or "Samsung copied Sony!". It's always X copied Apple and I am tired of it.

All phones look the same now, there are only so many ways you can make a thin rectangle look different, they all have to have a mic, speaker, 3.5mm and connectivity plug etc. 

Have we all forgotten? never judge a book by its cover. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

looks like my iphone! I smell a lawsuit on the horizon...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

-snip-

everyone copies apple.  thats not to say that apple were the first, just that apple hit on some good ideas adn people use them. thats the same for most areas. some one comes up with a good idea and other people use it. some times the copy too much some times they dont

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I like how we only have a picture of the inside of the back and people are already calling it an iPhone copy... I am really starting to get sick of people who say that about everything. The only way to make a phone not "look like an iPhone" would be to make the screen round or triangular. The same goes to you people who are saying the iPhone 6 looks like the HTC One line. No shit it does, it's a rectangle with rounded corners. Give me any example of a phone and I will be able to give you a very long list of similarities between it and an iPhone, or the HTC One, or some Samsung phone. The shapes of them will always been roughly the same because it is the best way to make them (and we have been making them in this shape long before smartphones existed).

The iPhone does not have any bands there. The similarities are:

1) The port is in the middle.

2) Both are rounded.

3) Both has speakers.

4) Both are made out of the same material.

So you are asking them to:

1) Put the port on the left or right side, for no apparent reason.

2) Make it square (which is more uncomfortable to hold). Samsung also had phones with rounded bottoms long before Apple, so I don't see why Samsung should change just because Apple started doing it.

3) Have the speaker on the back again (which people have been complaining about for ages).

4) Change back to plastic, but then it would be a "cheap iPhone" copy...

Compare the Blackberry Passport against the Iphone 6, I'm sure you can name a few similarities but you can't deny that they looks worlds different from each other so in my opinion, it is definitely ok to say that some phone manufactures are copying other phones' design.

I really want to see more companies go Blackberry's way and try to make phones that look different from other phones on the market. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if someone as big as Apple or Samsung creates a whole new design that turns out to be better than the current design, I wonder how long it would take for everyone to copy them -_-  

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Compare the Blackberry Passport against the Iphone 6, I'm sure you can name a few similarities but you can't deny that they looks worlds different from each other so in my opinion, it is definitely ok to say that some phone manufactures are copying other phones' design.

I really want to see more companies go Blackberry's way and try to make phones that look different from other phones on the market. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if someone as big as Apple or Samsung creates a whole new design that turns out to be better than the current design, I wonder how long it would take for everyone to copy them -_-  

there not going to. its not because they are not creative its just that the formula is working....that blackberry looks awful 

there not going to. its not because they are not creative its just that the formula is working....that blackberry looks awful 

I wasn't saying that it looked good but I just really like how they are trying to give us something new, wether it is good or bad, btw that "awful looking" Blackberry saved them from dying so apparently it has a certain degree of effectiveness 

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

I wasn't saying that it looked good but I just really like how they are trying to give us something new, wether it is good or bad, btw that "awful looking" Blackberry saved them from dying so apparently it has a certain degree of effectiveness 

and? where can you go with phones right now?  to some degree i agree with what @LAwLz jis saying, i just think he picked the wrong phone to do it on, if this is the new s6.

I am not "defending it". Hell look at my comment:

"Anyway about the phone, fuck Samsung if they do this. I don't want form over function and this is a prime example of it. Sacrificing very useful features for "muh build quality" bullshit."

When did Samsung "copy the button layout"? They have different button layouts (S6 most likely has 2 capacitive buttons) and Samsung were the first (at least out of Apple and Samsung) to have the buttons on the side of the phone instead of the top. If anyone is copying someone's button layout then it's Apple copying Samsung by moving the power button to the same location Samsung have had it in since the Galaxy S 1. I won't call that copying though because it's the most logical and functional place to have it in.

The iPhone was not the first to have speakers in the bottom of the phone, and it's functionally better than having it on the back. You might as well complain that Samsung is "copying" Apple by having the screen be on the front.

Of course the curve will be almost the same. More or less of a curve and you will end up with sharp edges, which is very uncomfortable when you made a phone out of aluminum.

It seems like people are still missing my point so I will just quote it again:

If you think Samsung are copying Apple then fine. I most likely won't be able to change your mind. When you complain that Samsung introduces new things that makes the device better (like moving the speakers from the back to the bottom) then I think you're stupid. To me, that's like complaining cars have round steering wheels because only 1 manufacturer should be allowed to do that. The rest should of the car manufacturers should get their own shape, like a triangle or a square.

Apple weren't even first with that design (look at the Xperia Z1, it is very very similar to the iPhone 6 if you just replace the glass with aluminum), yet I don't hear anyone go "Apple copied Sony!" or "Samsung copied Sony!". It's always X copied Apple and I am tired of it.

I Second this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hang on, are you referring to the HTC HD2 (codename Leo) or the HTC Desire HD (codename Ace)?

That pic is a Desire HD on Froyo, the HD2 had Windows Phone 6.5 on it (which is probably why nobody remembers that phone, even HTC Sense couldn't save that OS)

I wouldn't call the M8 overrated, it is one of the best phones out there even if its successor's reveal is a month or so away.

Both, actually.

The M8 didn't bring anything new to the table which is why I think the hype isn't justified. I actually own and still use a HTC Desire HD and I think it feels better in the hand than the M8.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

A lot of this forum is fucking ridiculous.

Seriously.

Samsung gives you a more "premium" metal body you've been wanting. You bitch. They're copying Apple.

They move the speaker to the bottom instead of the back like so many people want. Oh noes. they're copying Apple. Not really, lots of companies do it. Oh but they drill holes in the aluminum! Right. How else is the sound going to escape?

They put the headphone jack on the bottom. Where it belongs and makes sense. Do we ever go out claiming car companies are copying each other with shifter location? No. Because that's where it makes sense to have it.

They put antenna breaks on it. Because they're required for the device to work. APPLE APPLE APPLE! Not really. It's a design necessity. Also Apple doesn't have them in the same location, so...

Yeah, it looks a little Apple-esque, but guess what? It's a shell. It's not even a finished product. Maybe wait and see what the release looks like before casting stones.

It honestly sounds like you people just want to bitch and moan.

Ever heard the saying imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

And no, I'm not a Samsung Fanboi. I'd never buy one of their phones.

That's an iPhone. If I was apple I would probably file suit and seek mediation.

It's a piece of metal...

There are other phones that are a lot closer to clones than that.

Now that I think about it. This is not surprising at all. HTC has been copying iPhone designs with phones since the M7 (antennae bands, chamfered edges, two tone flash, etc).

This S6 harks back more to the iPhone 4 days with a metal chassis and glass front and back. It's like Samsung had a threesome with the GS5, iPhone 4, and iPhone 6.

Could easily say Apple copied Samsung by bringing out a phablet.

Well now you're just being hypocritical. There is quite a difference from between a market leader adopting new technologies and smaller companies copying in suit not to be left behind. 

The last part of your paragraph is now arguing for my point so I'm not quite sure what your stance is anymore. 

You're kidding, right? Samsung is definitely a market leader. They're the leader in Android phones, and have sold more handsets than Apple has.

As already stated, a lot of the things Apple has started using aren't new technology at all.

Oh c'mon man, just look at the pictures. I know it needs a microUSB port and a speaker, but there's no denying that the leaked frame looks very similar to the iphone 6. I'd normally be with you here, I agree that too many people call everything an iphone copy, but this is just too obvious. The rounded shape, the drilled speaker holes... you can't tell me you don't see the similarity.

Lots of phones have the rounded shape. You need holes for the sound to come out.
At the end of the day there are only so many things you can do to a phone that's basically a thin piece of metal (or plastic) with a piece of glass on the front...

dude you have to be iether blind or obtuse not to see the blatant rip off here. i showed the mrs a pic of the s6, bearing in mind that she is not very tech savy, i asked her what this...instantly "new iphone already"  the i phone has the bands on the side not the bottom but other than that ist a blatant rip off there even the same colours.  

Not very tech savvy. Exactly. There are loads of people that would think the same thing about phones that don't even look like an iPhone, they just make that comparison because it's simply the only phone they know the name of.

Then again they added some pretty useless features from the iPhone as well, such as the fingerprint thing, SamsungPay, etc.. I agree with you that people need to stop the "hurrdurr copied apple" crap, but you need to realise there is much more similarities between the iP6 and the S6 then there were for example between the 5th gen or 4th gen of these devices :)

Lots of phones have the fingerprint scanner now and it's seen as a pretty useful feature. Apple was also not the first phone to have one.

It's funny, but in many ways the newer iPhones copied Samsung more than Samsung copying them.

Bigger screen?

Repositioned buttons?

Phablet sized device?

the fact that she mistook it for any iphone is enough.  in a court thats what they would be looking for and lets face it thats were this will end up.  the speaker holes, the design of the usb port, the position ing of the 3.5 jack and the style of the antenna break points are all very iphone esque. me thinks that samsung may be in hot water if this is indeed the s6.  FYI the iphones aluminium is coloured and i was referring to the the plastic antenna breaks.

So, how do you figure they should implement the speaker? No holes? Just have it magically transmit through the metal?

There are no antenna break points on the bottom of an iPhone.

Positioning of the 3.5mm jack in what way? I hope you don't seriously mean that it's on the bottom. Heaven forbid.

Non-removable back = non-purchasable phone.

I think in the future you'll have a really hard time finding a phone.

There are similarities yes between any phones but still...this still is pretty similar to the IPhone 6.

"Oh, because it has bottom speakers?"

No...just overall, it resembles the IPhone 6.

I mean...look at Sony's design line.

That's original.

Or the LG G3.

OnePlus One

Nexus 6 (Motorola) - which has metal edges btw, but their design are totally different than the IPhone 6

They're all different.

This is just...a combination of Samsung and Apple design.

There are differences, yes, but they're rather subtle.

There are only so many ways you can make a candy bar style device. It's foolish to say they're all copies.

By that logic every single car is simply a copy of the Model T.

Bottom facing speakers are nothing knew. How else would you like the sound to get out if not holes? Durrr.

As for finishing the edges of the port, it's a nice finishing touch. It's not patented by Apple, just like chrome trim, or paint on cars isn't considered copying either.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't think it even IS chamfered. It looks like the same plastic found around the headphone jack.

I'm pretty sure Apple copied Samsung on button lay out. Wasn't the power button always on the top?

You can show people a huge number of phones and they'll think it's an iPhone, simply because a large amount of consumers are uninformed.

This is a skeleton. Give it time to actually turn into a phone before letting the accusations fly.

dont bother you wjill only get drawn into a pointless argeument.....nice to see you back by the way

Samsung was, and still is in most places in the world, the leader in mobile device sales.

As much as I get what you're trying to say, just...give up. They're clearly too stubborn to listen to reason.

To be perfectly honest it seems like half of them are just trolling you. At least I hope they aren't actually that naive.

Ever heard of the Phablet? Samsungs creation?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Sigh

Seriously.

Samsung gives you a more "premium" metal body you've been wanting. You bitch. They're copying Apple.

They move the speaker to the bottom instead of the back like so many people want. Oh noes. they're copying Apple. Not really, lots of companies do it. Oh but they drill holes in the aluminum! Right. How else is the sound going to escape?

They put the headphone jack on the bottom. Where it belongs and makes sense. Do we ever go out claiming car companies are copying each other with shifter location? No. Because that's where it makes sense to have it.

They put antenna breaks on it. Because they're required for the device to work. APPLE APPLE APPLE! Not really. It's a design necessity. Also Apple doesn't have them in the same location, so...

Yeah, it looks a little Apple-esque, but guess what? It's a shell. It's not even a finished product. Maybe wait and see what the release looks like before casting stones.

Exactly

Seriously.

Ever heard the saying imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

And no, I'm not a Samsung Fanboi. I'd never buy one of their phones.

It's a piece of metal...

There are other phones that are a lot closer to clones than that.

Could easily say Apple copied Samsung by bringing out a phablet.

You're kidding, right? Samsung is definitely a market leader. They're the leader in Android phones, and have sold more handsets than Apple has.

As already stated, a lot of the things Apple has started using aren't new technology at all.

Lots of phones have the rounded shape. You need holes for the sound to come out.

At the end of the day there are only so many things you can do to a phone that's basically a thin piece of metal (or plastic) with a piece of glass on the front...

Not very tech savvy. Exactly. There are loads of people that would think the same thing about phones that don't even look like an iPhone, they just make that comparison because it's simply the only phone they know the name of.

Lots of phones have the fingerprint scanner now and it's seen as a pretty useful feature. Apple was also not the first phone to have one.

It's funny, but in many ways the newer iPhones copied Samsung more than Samsung copying them.

Bigger screen?

Repositioned buttons?

Phablet sized device?

So, how do you figure they should implement the speaker? No holes? Just have it magically transmit through the metal?

There are no antenna break points on the bottom of an iPhone.

Positioning of the 3.5mm jack in what way? I hope you don't seriously mean that it's on the bottom. Heaven forbid.

I think in the future you'll have a really hard time finding a phone.

There are only so many ways you can make a candy bar style device. It's foolish to say they're all copies.

By that logic every single car is simply a copy of the Model T.

Bottom facing speakers are nothing knew. How else would you like the sound to get out if not holes? Durrr.

As for finishing the edges of the port, it's a nice finishing touch. It's not patented by Apple, just like chrome trim, or paint on cars isn't considered copying either.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't think it even IS chamfered. It looks like the same plastic found around the headphone jack.

I'm pretty sure Apple copied Samsung on button lay out. Wasn't the power button always on the top?

You can show people a huge number of phones and they'll think it's an iPhone, simply because a large amount of consumers are uninformed.

This is a skeleton. Give it time to actually turn into a phone before letting the accusations fly.

Samsung was, and still is in most places in the world, the leader in mobile device sales.

As much as I get what you're trying to say, just...give up. They're clearly too stubborn to listen to reason.

To be perfectly honest it seems like half of them are just trolling you. At least I hope they aren't actually that naive.

Ever heard of the Phablet? Samsungs creation?

You wut m8? How old is this thread. Feels like ages old.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

-snip-

its not one thing that makes it look like the iphone.....its not the placement top bottom middle whatever. its the whole god dam styling.  samsung are taking huge hits in there in thier profits whilst apple are setting records, literally setting records, and with only 3 or 4 phones and with their tablet sales slowing down too. apple are one of, if not the leader in phones right now...deal with it. the come up with great products over and over again.  its ok for companies to take there design cues from other companies, and to use features that work like touch screen, cameras in phones, music players in phones, touch id, nfc payment etc, its what pushes industries forward and is better for the consumer.  i have a problem with companies just copying an idea and not adding anything of their own to it and the same goes for styling.