Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

The quote should apply to everyone. If by "context" you mean that the quote was really a passive aggressive jab at people you don't like and you mean that it only applies to those individuals in situations in the past, then ok. I'm not continuing my complaints, I'm explaining the situation of irony; there's no point in my discussion where I used personal attacks to force my position. You ended up liking a post that did, and I felt the need to point out the irony of exclusion from those sacred rules you made. You can indulge in confirmation bias all you want trying to say that I'm the only bad guy. Shades of grey my ass

You are correct that the quote should apply to everybody, which is exactly why I said that you are under the same charges that you put on others. Again, you should not accuse others of what applies to yourself, which is what you are doing now.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

If Nvidia created a driver to address the memory allocation, they would announce it and it would be in patch notes. There's no reason they wouldn't. They haven't created a 970 specific driver, they've denied creating a driver for memory allocation, and if you want to be taken seriously lose the disparaging and passive aggressive tone:

I never claimed that they have created a 970 specific driver. All I said was that someone on Reddit has uploaded some good videos showing what appears to be a change in the VRAM behavior on the GTX 970. IF his claims are correct then that's good news. That's all I said and you responded by typing full sentences in caps and going "there is no driver!".

I am going to clarify my post again because it seems like people here are unable to read properly.

Well someone did misread my post just 1 page ago. Someone read 1.5 sentences as a single one and it became a mess.

Wanting more than a single Reddit post as proof is a valid criticism. I gave the same response when the allegations came up that the GTX 970 couldn't use more than 3.5GB of VRAM.

Yes that's perfectly acceptable. I too want more than a single source before saying something is confirmed. That's why I have been very careful with clearly saying that nothing has been confirmed yet. You didn't say "I want another source as well" though, nor did you ask for another source. You just said, and I quote: "STOP USING REDDIT AS A SOURCE. STOP.".

A worse card? A 970 is faster than a 290X at stock clocks. What do you think happens when you push it up to 1550 core and 8000 mem?

Done that-after 1 week it degraded.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So, this happened today to me - Today I was chatting with EVGA about the VRAM issue with the 970s and they made me an offer, which I cant refuse :D They agreed to take one 970 back for a full refund and then I can use their step-up program (again) to upgrade the second 970, which is 3 days old, to a 980 with the refunded money. This is great news for me :) I will be going with the Classified Version :)

So, this happened today to me - Today I was chatting with EVGA about the VRAM issue with the 970s and they made me an offer, which I cant refuse :D They agreed to take one 970 back for a full refund and then I can use their step-up program (again) to upgrade the second 970, which is 3 days old, to a 980 with the refunded money. This is great news for me :) I will be going with the Classified Version :)

Good luck.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Has anyone had any luck getting a step up offer from Asus? I messaged them and all I got was a copy and pasted response telling me what the configuration of the card was.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Ok guys a little bit off topic but:

With a corsair 650W Golden Certifiqued PSU, and ONLY for 1080p gaming should I get the 970 or some other card at AMD (which one, cause I really know nothing about AMD).

The other specs are nothing special, an i5-4690 3.5GHz, 8 Gb G.Skill, 1Tb WD green and a MSI Z87 Gaming 3.

Also my board only support Crossfire from AMD and not the SLI from NVIDIA, 

Thanks

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 /// CPU: i5-4690 (3.5GHz) /// RAM: 8Gb (2x4Gb) G.Skill Ripjaws X (1866MHz) /// GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming /// Storage: 1Tb Western Digital Green /// Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III /// Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - US Layout - 2014 Edition /// Mice: Razer Deathadder - 2013 Edition /// Headset: Steelseries H Wireless (soon)

Everyone's complaining about their 970 while I'm over here happy that I chose an R9 290 over the 970

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Congrats man, that's really solid.

Done that-after 1 week it degraded.

I dont believe you. You did something wrong if you degraded a card after a week 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

More pixels doesnt always = better quality. 1440p with 1.5x DSR on a better quality monitor (144 hz + Gsync, better colours) can beat a low specced 4k monitor.

Have you tried a 4k monitor?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Everyone's complaining about their 970 while I'm over here happy that I chose an R9 290 over the 970

I think you'll find not all of the people with the 970s are complaining, some of the loudest complaints are coming from people with AMD cards.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think you'll find not all of the people with the 970s are complaining, some of the loudest complaints are coming from people with AMD cards.  

Mostly because of a lack of post purchase rationalization thats very evident with some people.

Clouds minds and gives biased outlooks.

But what do I know.

It a very interesting correlation that most of the people defending nvidia have 970s as well when you go 

to their profile.

But well correlation doesn't mean causation.

Just an interesting tidbit.

I dont believe you. You did something wrong if you degraded a card after a week 

I was only able to run +150MHz, +12mV stable for the first week, every attempt at overclocking after that required exponentially higher voltages to remain stable, with it getting to the point after 2 months where I needed to run it with a 200MHz underclock to get it to even resemble being stable.

PMSL

I was only able to run +150MHz, +12mV stable for the first week, every attempt at overclocking after that required exponentially higher voltages to remain stable, with it getting to the point after 2 months where I needed to run it with a 200MHz underclock to get it to even resemble being stable.

Just sounds like a faulty card.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Mostly because of a lack of post purchase rationalization thats very evident with some people.

But what do I know.

It a very interesting correlation that most of the people defending nvidia have 970s as well when you go 

to their profile.

So basically unless someone has the same opinion as you they are irrational?

who's mind is clouded? the one who allows others to have their opinions or the one who will look for any reason to dismiss their intelligence?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just sounds like a faulty card.

It was, after a month of having my nails pulled out one by one I finally got Gigabyte to approve an RMA - the shit with Nvidia happened at the completely wrong time for me.

PMSL

who's mind is clouded? the one who allows others to have their opinions or the one who will look for any reason to dismiss their intelligence?

Well its a real thing and something that affects people .

Im not making things up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-purchase_rationalization

Its a type of cognitive bias .

If anything people with amd cards or intel igpus can give a more unbiased opinion on the moral aspects of the issue without

falling to cognitive bias.

So i disagree with you on that one.

Im not making things up.

If anything people with amd cards or intel igpus can give a more unbiased opinion on the moral aspects of the issue without

My rationalization: if my second GTX 970 fucks up, a Sapphire R9 290X will be my next choice with no Nvidia cards for me for a couple of generations as Nvidia has let me down 3 times too many. (twice for the faulty GPU, once for being miss-leading about the GTX 970).

PMSL

But what do I know.

to their profile.

Im not making things up.

I was joking

oh god what have i started

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Im not making things up.

I didn't say it wasn't real, I said some people aren't subject to it, some people are very rational about what is happening and they are still happy.  Why can't some of you accept that?  Is it really that difficult to understand that intelligent people can be happy with the situation?  Does it not compute that because people view the situation differently that in some situations there is nothing Nvidia did that would change the situation had it been done differently?

I was joking

oh god what have i started

Nothing that wouldn't have started anyway, every time someone says they are happy with the 970 or don't care what nvidia did, Zappian is there to insult their intelligence by calling them irrational or biased.

Nothing that wouldn't have started anyway, every time someone says they are happy with the 970 or don't care what nvidia did, Zappian is there to insult their intelligence by calling them irrational or biased.

You just implied AMD users cant comment on the issue .

Thats why I even responded.

And I disagree on that .

Pot calling the kettle black i guess.

Why do I even bother..

You just implied AMD users cant comment on the issue .

Thats why I even responded.

And I disagree on that .

Pot calling the kettle black i guess.

Why do I even bother..

Are you serious? did you not read my post

I said:

I did not say AMD users can't comment, I only said "some (meaning not all) of the loudest complaints are coming from people with amd cards".

How on earth did you get "people with amd cards can't comment"? 

Please, stop being silly.