The forum's rotted inside.

StingBull

How many of you remember the time we discussed a hundred page about Mozilla's CEO being fired because of gay rights issues? Remember how even in that hot button issue no one's post got removed. And we celebrated the fact that this forum was free of censorship and petty mods who do whatever they want.

But today my posts got removed because I went against the holy cow @Victorious Secret

and the mod didn't even bother to notify me.

In Linustectips today, apparently if someone says they don't like your post, mods are happy to remove it without telling anyone. Then they will remove the evidence of them removing the post. Then they'll PM you and say absolutely nothing of their own.

I don't think I can continue with that. Goodbye @LinusTech

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wow, didnt know about this.

pretty dissapointed tbh.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

It's a sad day to see you leave... It was fun while it lasted... (although we haven't interacted that much)

But yeah... the flame wars these past few days were incredible (especially about the 970... wow...)...

You're going to be this childish about it and then expect myself, the mods or anyone to care?

Your original post was off topic at best, low effort and shitposting at worst, on a thread that had decent discussion no less. Then you started whining in public about having a post removed, then you started tagging mods to explain themselves in public, further derailing the thread.

Grow up.

Also, I'm not a cow. I'm a velociraptor thank you very much. 10 times more extinct, but 1000 times more awesome.

I was around in mid-2013 on another account and I can't tell a difference. I'm fine with it as I haven't experienced such a situation.

Sorry about this, but is this a rage quit?

Don't kill me please.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Shots fired.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Well, what exactly did you say?

You have the freedom to say whatever you want, doesn't mean you won't be punished for it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

yay someone who agrees these forums aren't as good as they were. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

TL;DR: Probably OP's comment was racist/offensive. OP rages an quits.

nope, nothing like that, it just wasn't constructive to the discussion and his post read a like flame bait.  Not to say it wasn't his honest opinion, but he could have worded it much better to be constructive.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You're going to be this childish about it and then expect myself, the mods or anyone to care?

Your original post was off topic at best, low effort and shitposting at worst, On a thread that had decent discussion no less. Then you started whining in public about having a post removed, then you started tagging mods to explain themselves in public, further derailing the thread.

Grow up.

I would like to know what the original post was. At best, you're applying your own personal view on the post and I don't think you're necessarily unbiased in this situation. Obviously, if you don't like the post and someone makes a thread about the issue, you're going to respond saying "Well, your thread was [insert quality level here]." Like I said, you're not unbiased on the matter. This is my perspective as I have no idea what the post was.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

How many of you remember the time we discussed a hundred page about Mozilla's CEO being fired because of gay rights issues? Remember how even in that hot button issue no one's post got removed. And we celebrated the fact that this forum was free of censorship and petty mods who do whatever they want.

But today my posts got removed because I went against the holy cow @Victorious Secret

and the mod didn't even bother to notify me.

In Linustectips today, apparently if someone says they don't like your post, mods are happy to remove it without telling anyone. Then they will remove the evidence of them removing the post. Then they'll PM you and say absolutely nothing of their own.

I don't think I can continue with that. Goodbye @LinusTech

keanue-reeves-mind-blown-300x216.jpg

What if this post was already censored?!?

I had no idea that such things have occurred on Linus Tech Tips. Now that you make mention of it, I can kind of see this thread getting locked. 

Personally I've never had such an issue of my own, mostly because I'm (usually) careful of what I post and where I post it.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

So then... TL;DR: OP was too lazy to write/doesn't speak English?

His original post, in my honest opinion, was designed to illicit a flame war by questioning the authenticity of the source simply because it was a biased one, but instead of asking for more sources (which @mr moose provided and I updated the OP with) he decided to sully the mood with terrible sarcasm and derogatory terms.

Normally I wouldn't care, but with the way the forums have been lately, I wanted to preserve a even discussion and avoid any flaming (lofty goal for the Internet, eh?).

So Stings comment got deleted because it was just bad, and a mod seemed to think so. He then asked why it got removed as if a crime was committed, and kept posting about it acting like a child who wanted to take his ball home. Mods deleted all posts as they were truly off topic.

I had no idea that such things have occurred on Linus Tech Tips. Now that you make mention of it, I can kind of see this thread getting locked. 

Personally I've never had such an issue of my own, mostly because I'm (usually) careful of what I post and where I post it.

That's why I saved the link to my system so the thread is always "there" on my system.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

inb4 thread gets locked

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

His original post, in my honest opinion, was designed to illicit a flame war by questioning the authenticity of the source simply because it was a biased one, but instead of asking for more sources (which @mr moose provided and I updated the OP with) he decided to sully the mood with terrible sarcasm and derogatory terms.

Normally I wouldn't care, but with the way the forums have been lately, I wanted to preserve a even discussion and avoid any flaming (lofty goal for the Internet, eh?).

So Stings comment got deleted because it was just bad, and a mod seemed to think so. He then asked why it got removed as if a crime was committed, and kept posting about it acting like a child who wanted to take his ball home. Mods deleted all posts as they were truly off topic.

You're complaining about him questioning a source because it's biased? Are you joking?

I have only been on the forum for 5 months..... *Grabs popcorn* I'm just going to watch this play out...

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

That's why I saved the link to my system so the thread is always "there" on my system.

I'm that oddball that, while everyone likes watching people argue on the net over various things, I don't like to go through these arguments and gawk at some of the nasty things that other people say. I can't really put my finger on why I don't like watching Internet arguments. Maybe it's because I like to stay neutral. Who knows?

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Rule 8: there are no real rules about posting.
Rule 9: there are no real rules about moderating either - enjoy your ban.

I don't know, I just generally follow the code of conduct. That's a sure-fire way of not getting your post removed, unless the mod is being a jackass (and I've never seen a mod being a jackass on this forum)

We like to be relaxed and groovy on this forum, but by now you are no doubt aware, OP-kun, that we don't appreciate shitposting. Like, seriously, we don't like shitposting.

Stop whining or go to 4chan.

I'm that oddball that, while everyone likes watching people argue on the net over various things, I don't like to go through these arguments and gawk at some of the nasty things that other people say. I can't really put my finger on why I don't like watching Internet arguments. Maybe it's because I like to stay neutral. Who knows?

I normally avoid arguments, but if you're going to start saying things that aren't true at all, I start to fire shots.

Is it me, or did OP forget to follow his own thread? He's not watching.

You're complaining about him questioning a source because it's biased? Are you joking?

no, he was complaining because the post was off topic, and heavily loaded with flame bait.  It would have been perfectly acceptable to simply say the source was biased but he didn't.

EDIT: off topic not exactly true, forget I said that I take it back.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.