Police expand concerns about Waze app, say it interferes with speeding tickets

Nice setup. I'm also quite a fan of muscle cars (Though I appreciate sports and super cars too).

Jesus if that was your daily driver, you must have gone through gas like an alcoholic goes through a 24 of beer.

Titan set the car up with 2 separate ecu maps and they gave me the software to do the switching with my laptop through the OBDO port i had the balls to the wall tune that i just stated and an everyday tune which was toned down to 540hp at the wheels which ran on 93 octane pump gas and still allowed me 28-32mpg highway as long as i kept it under 2000rpms in 6th gear which translated to 80-85mph. I would ONLY use the aggressive tune when i went to the track or street races which in that case required 4 gallons of 110 octane to every full tank so 8 gallons 93 and 4 gallons 110. 

Now if i went over 2000 rpms in 6th my fuel mileage would tank. When i raced the Farrari I was in my 540hp tune.

What most people dont know about the LS1 is its one of the most efficient high horsepower V8's out there and can easily handle high horsepower without loosing its fuel economy. Hell the new 700+ hp Z06 vettes still get 26+ mpg 

"For the greater good!"

Kind of reminds me of this cop. We all know how great he was... :P

Police move around so much in Cali, police normally aren't there by the time I pass their reported location in waze. Waze won't stop it I think.

-Disclaimer- Prepare for Southern California Native Rage.

Ugh another guy who calls my great country of California by the idiotic name "Cali." You used to live here didn't you? Everybody I've met who thinks its acceptable to call my great land "Cali" is a former resident who has betrayed us for another state. THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE TIME, PLACE OR REASON TO CALL CALIFORNIA BY THE NAME OF "CALI."

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Ugh another guy who calls my great country of California by the idiotic name "Cali." You used to live here didn't you? Everybody I've met who thinks its acceptable to call my great land "Cali" is a former resident who has betrayed us for another state. THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE TIME, PLACE OR REASON TO CALL CALIFORNIA BY THE NAME OF "CALI".

Here is Cali on a map. ;)

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Oh. Oops I thought you were another person bringing shame to California USA. My apologies.

Haha, now... notice I didn't say I lived in that Cali... 0.o

Sorry for referring to California as Cali :P now I know there is a Cali Columbia, so to avoid further confusion, hereby Cali shall be referred to as Cali and California as California! :D

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Seriously?

Surely you must be kidding

the autobahn which has no speed limit in most places has less accidents than the average american highway

the autobahn which has no speed limit in most places has less accidents than the average american highway

In the US they hand out drivers licenses like your neighbor hands out candy on Halloween... We had a few foreign exchange students from Germany in high school and they said it was a complete pain to get a license in Germany. Lots of driving and paper tests to pass and wasn't cheap.

Most of our accidents here are from the high school kids in a Camaro or Mustang their parents were dumb enough to buy before the kid even learned how to properly drive. I witnessed two classmates in a single year end up in the hospital being dipshits on their street bikes showing off when leaving the school.

Ugh another guy who calls my great country of California by the idiotic name "Cali." You used to live here didn't you? Everybody I've met who thinks its acceptable to call my great land "Cali" is a former resident who has betrayed us for another state. THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE TIME, PLACE OR REASON TO CALL CALIFORNIA BY THE NAME OF "CALI."

There's nothing great about CA. If anything, scientists need to find a way to speed up its breaking off of the US and sinking into the ocean.

In the US they hand out drivers licenses like your neighbor hands out candy on Halloween... We had a few foreign exchange students from Germany in high school and they said it was a complete pain to get a license in Germany. Lots of driving and paper tests to pass and wasn't cheap.

Most of our accidents here are from the high school kids in a Camaro or Mustang their parents were dumb enough to buy before the kid even learned how to properly drive. I witnessed two classmates in a single year end up in the hospital being dipshits on their street bikes showing off when leaving the school.

Old people cause more accidents, at least where I come from. Fuckers can't understand that 45mph means "go 45mph"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I can definitely understand the threat to officers' lives, as minimal as it might be. The speeding ticket thing is ridiculous.

Speed limits don't really impact the way people drive -- several studies show that people drive at speeds they find comfortable for them.

Speed limits are good, just not when they're set too low. Fast drivers don't necessarily cause accidents -- more accidents are caused when there are a mix of fast and slow drivers on the same road. You've probably experienced this when someone flying down the highway changes lanes and slams on the brakes behind you because you were going at the speed limit. If they hadn't been able to stop, you'd have been in an accident. On the other hand, when everyone is traveling at similar speeds (with proper distances between cars), there are fewer accidents.

We have this close to where I live -- route 3 which runs from the Boston area up through NH. It was rebuilt recently for a speed limit of 67 MPH, but the police left the speed limits at 55 MPH to keep issuing speeding tickets, despite several recommendations to raise the speed limit. Most people go 65+ on it, myself included.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

The autobahn is more and more regulated. The "most places are limitless" thing doesn't really apply like the public thinks it does AND the Germans regulate their motorists far more rigorously.

The Germans will throw you off the road if you violate the "pass on left, drive on right" rules for the highway. Something that North Americans don't care about understanding at all.

The only reason the autobahn isn't a failure is because the drivers are more educated and educated on a higher standard. Try implementing what Germany or many EU countries have here and you'd have special interest groups (especially ones related to senior citizens) getting upset at the "invasion of rights and freedoms".

They should expand this app to include politicians, and lobbyists.

Hey, they spy on us, at the least we should be able to know where they are at all times as well.

The autobahn is more and more regulated. The "most places are limitless" thing doesn't really apply like the public thinks it does AND the Germans regulate their motorists far more rigorously.

The Germans will throw you off the road if you violate the "pass on left, drive on right" rules for the highway. Something that North Americans don't care about understanding at all.

The only reason the autobahn isn't a failure is because the drivers are more educated and educated on a higher standard. Try implementing what Germany or many EU countries have here and you'd have special interest groups (especially ones related to senior citizens) getting upset at the "invasion of rights and freedoms".

Don't forget that the autobahn is a much better and more well maintained road to begin with. If I remember correctly, the roadbed is almost double the thickness of the standard road beds here in the states. Leading to fewer pot holes and a much safer driving surface.

Also, I don't think the autobahn has left turns in the middle of the road like our high ways do, which is why the pass on left drive on right thing doesn't really work in the states. (could be wrong, never been there, but never seen a left turn in the middle of the autobahn in any of the footage I've seen of it)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait, if people slowing down because waze reports there is police in the area shouldn't the police praise it????

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Yeah the reason why it works is because people move the hell over so they don't impede traffic and they don't go ungodly slow. People here are dumb assholes, to be blunt.