What should I review next?

Truly the biggest SSD yet! Fixstars SSD-13000M is a 13TB 2.5 inch SSD bases on the SATA 6 protocol with read speeds up to 540 MB/s and write speeds up to 520 MB/s

Fixstars website: http://www.fixstars.com/en/ssd/

PCWorld's post: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3021886/hardware/the-worlds-first-13tb-ssd-is-here.html

Oh and...be prepared to fork out $13,000.00 for one SSD...

Connect with me! https://duff.gg/

3 hours ago, CCSparky said:

Truly the biggest SSD yet! Fixstars SSD-13000M is a 13TB 2.5 inch SSD bases on the SATA 6 protocol with read speeds up to 540 MB/s and write speeds up to 520 MB/s

Fixstars website: http://www.fixstars.com/en/ssd/

PCWorld's post: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3021886/hardware/the-worlds-first-13tb-ssd-is-here.html

Oh and...be prepared to fork out $13,000.00 for one SSD...

Well unless they give him a sample, he certainly won't be buying one to review at $13000 lol

Could be another holy $hit episode or whatever they're calling it...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Xiaomi Piston 2 and 3's (try to get genuine ones).

They're deemed as "best for under $30 earbuds" that people seem to claim as sounding like much much more expensive earbuds.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I personally love the server grade videos and systems. Running my own unraid system I've enjoyed watching the Storinator and the SSD server as well as dinking around with the 10Gb NICs. 

or

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-800

The Box - Unraid NAS

Case:  LIAN LI PC-A77B PSU: Seasonic X650

CPU: Xeon E3-1230 MB: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Memory:Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600  

HDD Controler: SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 & SUPERMICRO AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Storage: 5x WD Red 4TB (one set as pairty drive) 5x WD Green 2TB HDD Accessories: 2x SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B 3 x 5.25 (replaced included fan w/ Noctua NF-B9-1600)

Gaming system:

ASUS ROG G750JH Laptop (plan to buy a desktop eventually)

Why not smartphones?
After getting a Sony Xperia z5 recently, I'm amazed at it's specs and storage options (I'm currently running a 200gb micro SD in it).
Linus can also leave it in the rain.

I'd love to see flagship phones pitted against each other, comparing the 'big hitters' like samsung, HTC and Sony against the smaller companies like Meizu, Vivo, and Xaomi.

Other things for content:
- Read/write speeds to internal/external storage.
- PC connection speeds.
- Cellular network/wifi speeds.
- Screen colour accuracy and quality assessment.
- The actual capabilities of the phone, processing power wise (benchmarks, gaming).
- Camera testing.
- Overclocking capabilities (on rooted devices).
- Overall build quality/materials used.
- Real-world battery life/performance

There are many rather glorious smartphones out there with impressive features (Z5 premium, 4k screen anyone?)

Suggestions for general LTT videos, not necessarily reviews.

Full list of other LTT-related suggestions: 
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/543545-video-suggestions-for-ltttechquickiechannelsuperfun/#comment-7195559

LinusTechTips
Getting started with Folding at Home
Ultimate GPU Folding at Home Showdown (benchmarks)

Bang for Buck Folding at Home Build Log

CPU vs GPU Folding at Home

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I would like to see:

A general video regarding consumer use home networking. A quick video to cover typical house hold requirements , gaming requirements, type of router to be applicable to each scenario and speeds. People streaming over Wifi etc.

So something like, OK, normal house hold say a 4 bedroom, on one side you might have the internet inlet, so you could have just 1 router in the middle of the house, but perhaps what is the best type of router? Range, speed etc.

If internet inlet at the side of the house, a router at the side, then perhaps an access point might be required in the middle to boost to the other side of the house? Or rather than an access point a range extender?

Perhaps talk about power line adapters, the pro's and con's and again depending on each application such as standard home, mother surfing the net VS somebody internet gaming etc.

If you are streaming things from a central computer whats the best set-up etc.

Something simple and applicable to the every day Joe but all contained with in 1 video so somebody could watch it and say, "Hey, thats like my house and application, this is advice on how to set my home network up." Lets face it, it will be in 3 levels. The General internet user for facebook, the internet gamer with Xbox's and laptops etc. Then the "super user" who should know their sh!t anyway. If only we all had houses like Jayz2cents where it was built with internal networking to every dam room!

On 1/29/2015 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

More phones, there are a lot that you must review , like Nexus 6 and 6P, the Honor 5X, Huawei P8, LG V10 and a lot more.Maybe not all but as much as you can.

Smart home is all cool and stuff but maybe make an series about how dumb some of those products are and how to fool them, maybe even fea. Nicky V

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I would love to see what your opinion would be on the Netduma R1 Router

Do like a skylake delid and see before and after temps! That would be awesome!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I would like to see a ~80§ router showdown and in general lots of home networking stuff

13 hours ago, Infin8 said:

I would like to see a ~80§ router showdown and in general lots of home networking stuff

On 2016. 02. 09. at 1:18 PM, RickL said:

I would like to see:

A general video regarding consumer use home networking. A quick video to cover typical house hold requirements , gaming requirements, type of router to be applicable to each scenario and speeds. People streaming over Wifi etc. Something simple and applicable to the every day Joe but all contained with in 1 video so somebody could watch it and say, "Hey, thats like my house and application, this is advice on how to set my home network up."

Since everyday Joe's home networking is mostly low-end stuff, I recommend you guys My Mate VINCE's channel. I hope you find it useful.

Review some Grado labs headphones. There's a lot of Sennheiser on LTT.

On 1/29/2015 at 8:54 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Deepcool Kendomen and Kendomen TI case, also more Deepcool products in general. 

Deepcool is a brand which LTT overlooks.

Also, consumer printers, Laser and ink.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

I think Final Mouse may have already contacted you about reviewing their devices.  They've had some controversy about the marketing and people began to question their products.  I love their products but it would be nice to have someone that gives their honest opinion about their products seeing as the only people currently boasting their products are Pros being paid to do so.

Would be nice :D

How about the Nextbit Robin? Seems interesting as a $400 flagship device that claims to be connected to the cloud for storage.

Desktop: Athlon X4 860K / MSI A78M-E35 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600/ HIS R9 280 3GB OR EVGA GTX 960 FTW / EVGA 650W GS / 512 GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Asus MX239H, Princeton VL 1916

Laptop: Intel Core i7-3720QM / 16GB DDR3-1600 / Nvidia GT650M / 512GB PCIe SSD / Apple MacBook Pro mid 2012

I was wondering how the SEDNA - PCIe Dual M.2 SSD SATA 6G with an m-2 SSD would compare to the Intel 750 Series. If it would be close to the performance or would it be a big failing. The price difference would be quite a lot. Even another brand of card not really sure what is available with this type of format or if it would even work at this point.  Now that I am in the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a review but maybe something with the benchmarking programs you use (Cinabench, AIDA64, etc.). You use them all the time but I would like to see how to set up for a benchmark and how they work.

This is slightly off tech, but I recently got my GF a nice little computer desk that would be perfect for any server room. I got her a 'Flash Furniture Tempered Glass Computer Desk with Keyboard Tray, Black' at Walmart and was pleasantly surprised that it is a well made piece of kit (translation: not garbage). The only "improvement" I did was to put epoxy on the rear truss between the legs. It is black powder coated welded steel and heavy black glass, only 24" (61cm) wide. There is just enough room for a full sized (Microsoft 3000) keyboard on the tray with her mouse pad on the top surface.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Flash-Furniture-Tempered-Glass-Computer-Desk-with-Keyboard-Tray-Black/28211720

Flash desk.jpg

ThinkCentre.jpg

Sound card vs On-board audio

I am also planing on building a Custom NAS/media server, running Debian Linux and virtualising Windows server 2012 V2 using VMware so that I can run some Windows specific Programmes. So a video on setting up VM's and how they are useful would be very helpful.