Unreal engine 4 tech demo "Unreal Paris” by Benoît Dereau ( Try it yourself, download available )

this demo is created by Benoît Dereau ,level designer and 3D artist of Dishonored.

Unreal engine 4 is soreal. Cant wait for games using UE4 engine!!

2pbwL6m.gif mind blown

VVVV try out the demo!

*download link thanks to @OlekKing

Not even 1080p? :(

Looks beyond beleviable though. Can't wait until we're getting this level of realism consistently in all our major titles. (If it happens)

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

As someone that has played around with UE4 it really is a nice engine both in terms of what you can do in it and how (relatively speaking) easy it is to use.

But before you get too excited a tech demo is just that "a tech demo". It doesn't have any physics, ai, animations, particles, etc. all of which would be essential in an actual game.

That if freaking impressive. I would like to see some changing lighting conditions though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That if freaking impressive. I would like to see some changing lighting conditions though.

You can't the lighting isn't in real time.

Those are pre rendered lights that get baked onto the textures the good thing is it's pretty much 0 performance impact and would probably run on a 750Ti.

The bad thing is it's not dynamic so it's only use full for static scenes which don't happen often in games.

UE 4 had SVOGI which could have done it in real time but they've cut it out of the engine because it was to heavy back in 2012 and now they replaced it with Nvidia's solution VXGI which runs even worse :/

OK Just saw they added Enlighten into UE4 so it should run in real time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbHOQ1NRuw

RTX2070OC 

Just......wow. Does it support PhysX is my main concern.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just......wow. Does it support PhysX is my main concern.

"Unreal Engine 4 uses the PhysX 3.3 physics engine to drive its physical simulation calculations and perform all collision calculations. PhysX provides the ability to perform accurate collision detection as well as simulate physical interactions between objects within the world. Having physics in your game will help improve the immersion value of every scene, as it helps players believe that they are interacting with the scene and that the scene is responding back in some way or another."

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wait... Does "tech demo" mean this is rendered in real-time? (So you can walk around however you like) Because then thats super impressive! Otherwise nothing new.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

What the ...............................................................................

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

It looks like a WIP VRay render in real time. Not bad...quite impressive, but certainly not even close to photorealism. If you know the physics of light, you still seen instances where it's fucking up, even in the Enlighten demo, which in itself was pretty noisy; replication of light to any significant degree of accuracy is expensive as fuck. That won't change.

Wait... Does "tech demo" mean this is rendered in real-time? (So you can walk around however you like) Because then thats super impressive! Otherwise nothing new.

You can download this demo and run it on your PC. It's real-time of course.

owls are awesome

"Unreal Engine 4 uses the PhysX 3.3 physics engine to drive its physical simulation calculations and perform all collision calculations. PhysX provides the ability to perform accurate collision detection as well as simulate physical interactions between objects within the world. Having physics in your game will help improve the immersion value of every scene, as it helps players believe that they are interacting with the scene and that the scene is responding back in some way or another."

Brilliant, just a new motherboard and my GTX 650ti will become a PhysX card again. And if the results I received under Unreal Engine 3 hold true, I'll be able to turn the maximum frame rates of my GTX 970 in Unreal 4 based games, to the average with the 650Ti handling all of the PhysX.

PMSL

Thanks, now to see just what this can run on(using my iGPU until I can RMA the mobo :P ).

PMSL

I hope Borderlands 3 uses this! :)

It would be pointless; it's going to be all cell-shaded anyway.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Seems that the link in the creator's website is broken right now, i've read that he'll be updating the demo as well as fixing the link today.

In the meantime you can use this https://mega.co.nz/#!nIJSmT6K!BRKQBDb0uB9V9Xbtz13c_3QZjokq_3jICCOdoAbCZtw

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Create a shortcut of the .exe and you'll be able to use launch parameters.

-FULLSCREEN -ResX=2560 -ResY=1440

^Self explanatory.

I tested it and was getting around 60 fps on a single 980 at 1507MHz core and 2000MHz memory (8GHz effective) in 1440p.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I'd have to run it on a dGPU to get smoother frame rates, but it looks stunning.

PMSL

It's a nice looking demo, but the screen-space based reflections are breaking the overall impression.

Used to be companies released actual games to be the demos of their engines.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Its a shame we won't be seing this in use as long as games are developed for consoles and then ported to PC. Maybe the Playstation 6 will be able to run it.