whats one tech purchase you absolutly love ?

alicskysareblue
  • 2 months later...

My Gear 2 Neo. Got it pretty cheap, and at the time thought it'd be just a cool thing to show off since smart watches were practically unheard of in my area. I was literally probably the only one in a town of 3,000 that had one.

Now it's actually incredibly useful. I use it constantly at work when i get a notification to avoid pulling out my phone, I use it when I'm driving as it's easy to rattle off a text, and can read texts while putting my life in slightly less danger, and I have it sitting here on my desk to glance at when I get a text to decide if i should respond or not. A must have for an avid texter or just for convenience and safety.

EDIT: Just came here from http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365512-biggest-succesful-buy/ at the behest of a mod saying this was the thread to go to when he locked it. Didn't realize this was a dead thread. I'm sorry, don't drop the ban-hammer on my penitent head, I beg you!

I don't do signatures.

My HP Officejet Pro 8610. Ink yields are amazing.

Fractal R4 Blackout Edition; it is ridiculously quiet.

Intel Core i7 3770k. Got it from a deal with my work and Intel.

Also, my genuine Wenger Swiss watch that I received from my grandmother as a graduation present.

I had no idea how useful a watch would be instead of pulling out my phone every time. I use it every day. Thanks grandma  :)

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse :wub:  I can barely use any other mouse now.

I was the same as you. Except I had four different versions of the same mouse break on me. Diablo 3, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, and then a black one.

Using a Corsair M40 now. No problems yet except the grip has kind of worn off.

That mouse that you're using is a really nice mouse though. 

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

An anathema for some, but my macs have always been my best pcs. My last windows laptop is now used for windows gaming and windows 10 testing because I don't like it for anything else. Oh and my power Mac G5 I love that thing....

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

2600k is the best processor ever released so far. At least in my opinion.

That and the Q6600, both amazing.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

My Nexus 7 2013 tablet and my new Sony Compact Z3.

What I can get done on two pocketable devices when I'm away from home never stops making me smile. Great bits of kit, didn't break the bank, either.

Possibly my GTX 980 AMP by ZOTAC..itll be made a close second by the monitor im about to buy, and a distant memory once my Pebble Time Steel comes in the post :D:D

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Probably the dishwasher to be honest.

Upon reading this old post, I have to say, I probably agree.

The asus PB287Q ♥

0003552_asus-pb287q-28-widescreen-wled-b

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2nd monitor is amazing.

Like my drawing tablet too :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Either my Benq E2420HD.. Was the best value for money 24" LCD when I bought it back in 2010. Really enjoyed it for about a year. Now I'm used to having a large LCD...

And I'm hoping it doesn't die before I can afford to replace it.

And my iPod Classic 160gig.

Original xBox.

I have a ton of games, retro to 7th gen, a gaming PC, and I find myself plugging away at some random xBox title.

That, and my old iPod Nano. Got it in '07 and it's held up really well over the years.

ATm it has to be my OnePlus One, I bought it a couple of months ago and i have never been regreting it.

1) My SHIELD Portable

2) Good deal on a 680 at the time

3) The spare battery kit for the Note 3 was really handy, but now I've upgraded and the battery life on my Note 4 seems to be much better than that of the Note 3.

Sig under construction.

Its about $30 (I don't actually use the extra bass function - I need a flat EQ), it lets me use my nice studio monitors with my PC without buying an expensive receiver (something I'll soon do anyway)

61bHKC5BIcL._SL1000_.jpg

Reminds me of the song super bass

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Heyyo,

Hmm, most recently? My OnePlus One 64GB Android Phone. I love the 5.5" screen and great performance for the price. For people that are off-contract? This is still one of the best in the price to performance market. :)

composition-main.jpg

Otherwise? Logitech G15 Keyboard. I've had the thing for almost a decade now and I love it to bits. I'll keep using the thing too until the day it breaks down and then I'll have a funeral at my local recycling centre for it before she goes to the great beyond...

logitech-g15-v2.jpg

These are dirt cheap these days too and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly! <3

Honorable mention? Type 59 in World of Tanks lol... it's just such a magical tank.

type59.jpg

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

My Samsung Note 4.  Absolutely adore it even though it has it's faults

My Samsung TV. Sound falls flat, but I love it. If I ever get a steering wheel that will take over.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

BenQ GW2750M.

Razer Blackwidow 2014. (Personally, I really like the Razer mechanical switches)

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

My favorite Tech purchase recently would probably have to be my Corsair K95 with Brown Switches. it is the nicest thing I have ever typed on.

-Trizmo

PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRO ALL THE WAY

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here