According to a study, smarter people use iPhones

Bloodyvalley

Yeah, really. There is good part and bads parts of all phone OS's and well it comes to user preference.  

Exactly, getting tired of this nonsense already, I used to be somewhat of a Fanboy, but now I can't really care less.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Using a specific piece of hardware doesn't make you more clever. I don't need a study to state that this "study" is a load of bull.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

so "According to a study smarter people are dumber" ?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Money helps you get a good education and a good education helps people get more money

If you have no money then an iPhone probably isn't even an option for you, the cheapest phones are Android based

Therefore people who can buy iPhones are more likely to have a good education

It doesn't tell you anything more than that

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Study my ass, I'm 18, I'm using a BlackBerry Q10, and I'm smarter than almost all of my classmates who use smartphones (iPhone included)

(ಠ_ಠ)

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

When are people going to get that college graduate != smarter?

I switched to Android because I'm too smart for iOS. Also, I made the smart financial desicion to buy a $350 phone with the specs of a $650 one because common sense.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

it just means people with money buy iphones..simple as that..nothing to do with intelligence whatsoever

well that doesnt explain my D in algebra...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Shame on the OP for posting this clickbait bullshit as "tech news" and shame on everyone who has been involved. People use whatever phone they like. End of story. 

If you're actually sensitive to what phones people use, well, you've got bigger issues to deal with if thats what affects your life. Maybe a mod needs to lock this thread because this is ridiculous. 

Shame on the OP for posting this clickbait bullshit as "tech news" and shame on everyone who has been involved. People use whatever phone they like. End of story. 

If you're actually sensitive to what phones people use, well, you've got bigger issues to deal with if thats what affects your life. Maybe a mod needs to lock this thread because this is ridiculous. 

I'm not sensitive to what phones people use, or computers for that matter.  I am however sensitive to BS studies being presented as facts that insinuate something totally unqualified form the attained data.

And sorry, I can't help myself. I have to call BS when I see it.  LTT is full of impressionable teens who will be in charge of the world when I am an dilapidated old man who can't use modern technology.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Notably, Chitika found that increased wealth is also linked to greater iPhone sales -- but since college degrees also correlate with higher incomes, Chitika says those results are redundant.

Other studies have found similar results. Rich, white males tend to buy more iPhones, particularly in the first weeks that they go on sale.

In the first month of sales, nearly 80% of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers in the United States were male, and more than 60% made over $75,000 a year, according to Slice, a company that tracks consumer purchases.

You could also see it the other way around... rich people tend to buy more iphones.. and they just happen to be better educated. Then the smartness is redundant, which makes more sense.. because it's an expensive phone to buy. But that isn't so interesting, so they just declared the rich factor redundant to gain more views. Shouldn't pay to much attention to idiots who practice these kind of statistical analysis...

When are people going to get that college graduate != smarter?

I switched to Android because I'm too smart for iOS. Also, I made the smart financial desicion to buy a $350 phone with the specs of a $650 one because common sense.

Too smart for iOS my ass. Get off your high horse. Plenty of extremely intelligent and influential people use iPhones. Just because you know how to root and install custom roms doesn't make you smarter. It just means you're a geek who has the ability to Google things. 

Too smart for iOS my ass. Get off your high horse.

Maybe I should have said "tech savvy", but in this world tech savvy is synonymous with intelligence.

Also, I made this based on your signature:

post-145931-0-35308400-1422288289.jpg

Plenty of extremely intelligent and influential people use iPhones.

But the fact that they do doesn't affect their intelligence/influence, and vice versa. Also, speaking from experience here, there are tons of stupid people with iPhones too.

Just because you know how to root and install custom roms doesn't make you smarter.

Actually, I don't know how to and don't care to. Unlike with iOS, you don't need to root ("jailbreak") your device to get a good experience. CM11S is that good, I don't feel like anything is missing. ROMs aren't the only advantage Android has over iOS, there's customization, multitasking and real widgets, and that doesn't scratch the surface.

It just means you're a geek who has the ability to Google things.

Thanks for the complement, most people don't seem to be able to affectively do that these days. Also, I pride myself in being a geek, it means I'm more technologically literate and thus have more potential for sucess than most technologically illiterate people.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Maybe I should have said "tech savvy", but in this world tech savvy is synonymous with intelligence.

Also, I made this based on your signature:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

But the fact that they do doesn't affect their intelligence/influence, and vice versa. Also, speaking from experience here, there are tons of stupid people with iPhones too.

Actually, I don't know how to and don't care to. Unlike with iOS, you don't need to root ("jailbreak") your device to get a good experience. CM11S is that good, I don't feel like anything is missing. ROMs aren't the only advantage Android has over iOS, there's customization, multitasking and real widgets, and that doesn't scratch the surface.

Thanks for the complement, most people don't seem to be able to affectively do that these days. Also, I pride myself in being a geek, it means I'm more technologically literate and thus have more potential for sucess than most technologically illiterate people.

In no part of my post did I mention hating Android. I have in the past liked Android. Moreso though I like technology and all forms of it. The point of my post is that its utterly idiotic to state that you are simply "too smart for a particular operating system" (And no tech savviness is not at all equivalent to intelligence, especially when its all stuff you can learn by googling). 

I'm not sensitive to what phones people use, or computers for that matter.  I am however sensitive to BS studies being presented as facts that insinuate something totally unqualified form the attained data.

And sorry, I can't help myself. I have to call BS when I see it.  LTT is full of impressionable teens who will be in charge of the world when I am an dilapidated old man who can't use modern technology.

Rest easy, 99% of this forum won't be leading in anything, especially if they're so willing to eat up anything that gets presented to them. Its usually the people who don't accept things at face value and make their own conclusions that end up leading anything.

It is a BS study. Lets back up, lets not even give it the dignity of being called a study. Its garbage designed to conjure up exactly this kind of bickering and moral superiority complexes. But hey, this forum (more now than ever) loves a good circle jerk over OS or anything else thats the flavour of the day.

Rest easy, 99% of this forum won't be leading in anything, especially if they're so willing to eat up anything that gets presented to them. Its usually the people who don't accept things at face value and make their own conclusions that end up leading anything.

It is a BS study. Lets back up, lets not even give it the dignity of being called a study. Its garbage designed to conjure up exactly this kind of bickering and moral superiority complexes. But hey, this forum (more now than ever) loves a good circle jerk over OS or anything else thats the flavour of the day.

I think the proper term for this "study" would be pseudo-science. Like "9 out of 10 doctors (that we paid) approve of this product!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think the proper term for this "study" would be pseudo-science. Like "9 out of 10 doctors (that we paid) approve of this product!"

Even that is too fair. This "study" is like saying "Look, 9 out of 10 people on reddit said this thing is the bomb, yo" 

Even that is too fair. This "study" is like saying "Look, 9 out of 10 people on reddit said this thing is the bomb, yo" 

Exactly. It's pseudo-science, pure marketing bullshit.

Exactly. It's pseudo-science, pure marketing bullshit.

And its sad that anyone on this forum, for a single second, took it seriously enough to result in all of this. I feel dirty for even reading the original post. 

And its sad that anyone on this forum, for a single second, took it seriously enough to result in all of this. I feel dirty for even reading the original post. 

Lol as I said originally, there are a LOT of things I could say about their "results" and none of them are polite.

And for my own sake and everyone else's, I chose to leave it at that.