According to a study, smarter people use iPhones

Bloodyvalley

I know a lot of people who have a iPhone but are really really dumb. Don't know if I can actually say this is true, but I shall never believe it.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Nobody mentioned yet?

Especially in the US

Money = Education = Smartness.

And guess what, if you got rich parents chances are big that your household is using Apple devices throughout, meaning a higher chance that you, the kid, will own an iPhone.

Interested in Business and Technology

I'm glad we can judge someone's intellect based on the devices they prefer.

The 12 year olds on this forum (and the internet at large) need to feel good about themselves somehow, so why not tie self worth to what phone you use? 

High school mentalities never ended. They just grew on the internet and became 'cool'. 

The first thing I learned my freshman year of college was that you don't have to be smart to get a degree, and college is way easier than your high school teachers lead you to believe.

I also watched several extremely smart people drop out of college... Most were for personal/family reasons, and a few because there was no challenge and they lined up very good jobs already.

College degrees just don't mean what they used to IMO.

This statement is idiotic and ignorant. You are saying, "No one should be excited for something? I agree that waiting in line for a week or more is extremely unproductive but very few people actually do that. Almost everyone lines up early in the morning or stays up all night which isn't that outlandish. You get to talk about technology with other people in line just as passionate as yourself and if you don't wait in line you will likely wait weeks up to a month to get the phone because they sell out. 

People are allowed to get excited for things. I'm sure you get excited when you get a new phone. 

There is nothing wrong about getting excited over something, but going to those extremes is idiocy. Its not like Apple won't stop making them (until the next model comes out). An I am passionate about technology, I'm just not at the point where I must have the 'latest and greatest' straight away. Heck, I waited 13 years to replace my P3 Desktop, and I did that so I'd have a replacement that was an actual upgrade. An the last time I got a new phone was just over 14 years ago when I got my Sony Ericson K750i in 2005. Even after all this time it has survived countless falls, and still has its original battery lasting through 3 days of use. Until a smartphone can match or exceed the expectations I have after using such a reliable phone, I won't be replacing it (the k750i is a very early smartphone, internet, capable of 3d games, Bluetooth, emails etc).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The first thing I learned my freshman year of college was that you don't have to be smart to get a degree, and college is way easier than your high school teachers lead you to believe.

I also watched several extremely smart people drop out of college... Most were for personal/family reasons, and a few because there was no challenge and they lined up very good jobs already.

That depends on which degree you are aiming for. Sure you can probably sleep though classes about art and stuff, but there is no way you are going to get a degree involving lots of math or other hard subjects without spending a lot of sleepless night studying.

Wrong, smarter people build their own phones

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

According to a new study, more and more useless studies are being produced!

Who the eff cares what phone or os you guys use anymore? Both contain basically similar apps and both do bloody texting, calling and web surfing

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Wrong, smarter people build their own phones

Filthy casuals who buy pre-built phones.

There are a LOT of things I would like to say about this.

None of them are polite at all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There is nothing wrong about getting excited over something, but going to those extremes is idiocy. Its not like Apple won't stop making them (until the next model comes out). An I am passionate about technology, I'm just not at the point where I must have the 'latest and greatest' straight away. Heck, I waited 13 years to replace my P3 Desktop, and I did that so I'd have a replacement that was an actual upgrade. An the last time I got a new phone was just over 14 years ago when I got my Sony Ericson K750i in 2005. Even after all this time it has survived countless falls, and still has its original battery lasting through 3 days of use. Until a smartphone can match or exceed the expectations I have after using such a reliable phone, I won't be replacing it (the k750i is a very early smartphone, internet, capable of 3d games, Bluetooth, emails etc).

All I'm saying is it's stupid to say, "Oh you woke up early to get an iPhone? Haha you're a retard!". No they're just excited to get their new phone and don't want to wait a month to get it. They'd rather wait a few hours in line and get one that day and talk to other people also excited to get their new phone. To write them all off as idiots is ignorant. 

If someones waiting a week for it then by all means judge them for being an unproductive fuck. But if you're just waking up early (which most of them do) leave them alone. 

Not really guys this makes perfect sense to me with Apple and its premium price tag richer people will buy the product and usually a rich person will have a higher IQ then someone who has lower income its just how thing work.  So people who cant afford an iphone get an android so they get an increase in less smart people. 

According to study, smarter people don't trust every study that gets thrown their way.

I trust and don't trust you. 

Sure, an arts degree that ends with you serving me my overpriced latte is worthless. I wish I could be sad about saying that, but I can't. A lot of people I know that went down into arts and failed to get into law/business are now the ones I can't make eye contact with if I see them because I know they blew 4 years and 40 grand for a degree that can be used to wipe my dogs ass and all they have to show for it is debt, bleak outlooks and "spiritual awareness of the world". 

I wish the bank accepted those things as currency and I wish I could have a successful life with that. But you rarely can, and people like that put themselves at such a disadvantage in life. 

Your other faculties? Still have some prestige left in them. Sciences is slowly getting abused, but business and engineering are pretty good faculties to be in. Of course, my oncology degree will never really go out of style and it took brains that...if I'm honest, a vast majority of the population doesn't have and it takes perseverance that far too many people lack.

I might not have been born a genius, but my work ethic made me one. 

You know what's the biggest irony here? Is that, those "Smart" & "Rich" people hate using products that are made in China. Never knowing they're using one.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Your other faculties? Still have some prestige left in them. Sciences is slowly getting abused, but business and engineering are pretty good faculties to be in.

I guess I'm looking at it from a very narrow point of view so I likely really don't know what I'm talking about  :P but I guess the main reason I say that was I went to college for structural engineering. A field that is supposed to be for the above average guy, and I literally slept through the first year as my high school engineering prep course went well above and beyond anything we ever did in the college courses. My girlfriend got pregnant so I quit university during the second year and came back home to work for the family, and enrolled in the community college for drafting. On the first day the professor has everyone take the final test of each of the three drafting specialties so he has a rough idea of what you know and I nearly aced all of them. Architectural is my weakness and was my worst grade with a low 90's, don't remember exactly what it was. Soooo on my first day I could pass the bachelor's final with my high school education.

Then after realizing the current state of college, while working for the family I had to go get certified on Ceragon radios. At the training course my uncle and I were the only two people out of 30-ish that did not have RF Engineering degrees, at the end my uncle scored the highest and I was in third. I was 20 with less than 5 years of experience in the industry and scored higher than 27 RF Engineers on a microwave theory course...

Now the above likely makes me sound like a pompous know it all, but the kicker is that I was bottom of the AP group. I never struggled through school, but definitely was not top of the class material.

It was mainly a shock how easy college was compared to high school is what I'm getting at, but it could have just been my experience.

EDIT: Alright, I really sound like a douche... but its the best I can think of to get the point across at what I think about most degrees. There obviously are exceptions and plenty of extremely talented people out there with degrees, but making a correlation between something and having a degree is dumb. And I really need to find another hobby so I don't waste time on pointless posts like this... lol 

Hmmm, without jailbreak, idk if I'm ganna keep my iPhone 6 Plus... Almost everyone I know has a smartphone. They rarely let their phone out of their sight, and they’re constantly staring at the display, ignoring the world around them. Most of them don’t think twice about what’s making it tick, only what it can do. And most of them hardly have anything installed and only use about 10 to 15 percent of it’s total potential.

Who the eff cares what phone or os you guys use anymore? Both contain basically similar apps and both do bloody texting, calling and web surfing

Yeah, really. There is good part and bads parts of all phone OS's and well it comes to user preference.  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

usually a rich person will have a higher IQ then someone who has lower income its just how thing work.

Got something to prove this?   It is well known that wealthier people have access to better education which usually lands them in either better jobs or in social circles that assist in them getting better jobs (not what you know but who).  This does not prove that "richer" people are more intelligent.

Some reading:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000219

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.