Intel Xeon E5-4600 V3-Processors Specs Surface - 18 Core Galore

BiG StroOnZ

Specifications on the new gen 3 Xeon line are coming online. The Xeon E5-4600 v3 line of processors will get 10 models including a CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads !

The fastest processor will run at 2.9 GHz. The details of the CPUs are obtained from a list that has been showing at a motherboard manufacturer. ASRock already has removed the entries.

The ten processors will get 10 to 18 cores per CPU with clock frequencies from 1.7 GHz up-to 2.9 GHz. The processors are based on Haswell and intended for systems with four sockets. The processors will be released in Q2 of 2015. 

2ih6v.jpg

2qasmlh.jpg

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-xeon-e5-4600-v3-processors-specs-surface-18-core-galore.html

Wonder what that 18 Core 36 Thread gets in Cinebench. Guru3D claims that ASRock removed them from their list, but they are definitely still there at the bottom of the page (except 4648):

evc10h.jpg

18 cores, BUT CAN IT PLAY MINECRAFT ???????????????????

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

This would make a good heater for my home while supporting cancer research.

That is what shrinking your manufacturing process gets you, and they will be better in servers than any AMD CPU as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't know what I would do with it, but I want one.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'll take a 18C/36T 3.5Ghz model in a 2P board with 16 Ram slots.....

Lol, good luck finding an OS capable of managing that amount of threads, windows has enough trouble allocating resources on current dual Xeon rigs.

PMSL

Lol, good luck finding an OS capable of managing that amount of threads, windows has enough trouble allocating resources on current dual Xeon rigs.

My home server uses Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter......

Just found a workstation based on the current Xeons, look at all of those threads. http://www.mediaworkstations.net/i-x2.html

My home server uses Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter......

Well in that case, your a lot better off than those who review the Xeon rigs, with their consumer grade versions of windows.

PMSL

Just found a workstation based on the current Xeons, look at all of those threads. http://www.mediaworkstations.net/i-x2.html

Well in that case, your a lot better off than those who review the Xeon rigs, with their consumer grade versions of windows.

"Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition supports up to 64 sockets and up to 320 logical processors"

In the base config it only supports 2 CPUs but you can extend that all the way up, plus use clustering, failover, etc.

The E5-4667 V3 with 16C/32T at 2.0Ghz sounds fine but with the the pricing I would expect at 5960X to perform almost the same with 8C/16T at 4.0Ghz.

I don't know why I need this, but I do. 

You could just brute force the shit out of EVERYTHING. 

GPU's are better at brute forcing.

I only have 2x4core xeons. Can't imagine how quickly rendering times would be with 36 cores

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Edzel is going to love his i bet...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 cores, BUT CAN IT PLAY MINECRAFT ???????????????????

but dat minecraft server doe.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I have a dream. 

One day I will be able to purchase one of these expensive hardware.

I have a dream.

That one day, I can buy one of these unlocked.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

2dd.jpg

all those threads

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

"Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition supports up to 64 sockets and up to 320 logical processors"

In the base config it only supports 2 CPUs but you can extend that all the way up, plus use clustering, failover, etc.

The E5-4667 V3 with 16C/32T at 2.0Ghz sounds fine but with the the pricing I would expect at 5960X to perform almost the same with 8C/16T at 4.0Ghz.

It will be pretty close. However the v scalability for multiple sockets in the same server is the real advantage of the Xeon platform.

The 5960X, per unit of computing, beats out most Xeons.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

It will be pretty close. However the v scalability for multiple sockets in the same server is the real advantage of the Xeon platform.

The 5960X, per unit of computing, beats out most Xeons.

The real sad thing is that atleast the early samples for the 5960X had 10 cores on them meaning they were Xeons. So if Intel really wanted to it would not take much to make an overclockable 2P 5960X system or one of these new Xeons. It's an artificial limitation as far as I am aware unless they are only putting 8 cores on the 5960Xs but the Xeons could be unlocked and overclocked.

As a sys admin who's currently working to get a virtual hyper-v set up at work I'd love to replace our current machines (3 machines with hexa-core xeon's) with three machines that were specced out with that E5-4669. Imagine that, 12 of those suckers to play around with in terms of virtualization, *drool*. (OP said they were aiming at quad socket motherboards for those puppies hence 12 and not 6).

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

I don't know why I need this, but I do. 

You could just brute force the shit out of EVERYTHING. 

Good luck with that serial processing is about a bazillion times slower than parallel computing. A R7 250x will mop the floor at brute forcing against the fastest CPU in this list.  :P

how crap thats a lot of cores, man i can only wish for power of that level, guess in a few years ill be able to get a cpu which comes close to that level of power.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

18*4 = 72 cores

36*4 = 144 threads

on a 4 processor board.

144 threads of folding power...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Holy mother of cores!

This should be the xmas gift from Linus to his hostages :D

/j

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE