How to convince my parents to let me buy a new graphic card

Tommylebig

Hi , I want to buy a new graphic card because my current one cannot play call of duty ghost and arma 3 , I already bought those games but they are unplayable because it lag too much . My parents don't want to let me buy a graphic card even if I have the money for it , they say of it is too much expensive even if I buy it . Anyone have a trick to convice them ?

Well, what card are you currently running?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Its your money.. Tell them you'll do more chores or something  :P

Get them into a game, and let them see how unenjoyable it is?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

what is your parents level of knowledge about computers if its not that high just say your computer is too slow in general and a gpu will speed it up

1. Get a job.

2. Go to the store.

3. Buy one

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I am detecting a reference to SAO II.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1. Get a job.

2. Go to the store.

3. Buy one

I'm assuming if he's asking this question -- he may even be too young for a job. 

They know , I show it to my father yesterday he just said you don't need that you can play outside

People, understand that parents don't want their kids to be throwing money around here and there for some game they like to play. It just doesn't seem logical to them.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

1. Get a job.

2. Go to the store.

3. Buy one

I have the money fore one they just don't want me to let me buy one

I am detecting a reference to SAO II.

I have no idea what that is...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

They know , I show it to my father yesterday he just said you don't need that you can play outside

does you dad play outside?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Not that simple by the sounds of it the OP still lives with his parents and are controlled by them.

Unless the OP is like 14, there's no reason not to. What parent is going to hold their child inside of their home and not let them get a job?

1. Get a job.

2. Go to the store.

3. Buy one

This. Just...this^ 100%. Only excuse is if you are not old enough, only excuse.

Hi , I want to buy a new graphic card because my current one cannot play call of duty ghost and arma 3 , I already bought those games but they are unplayable because it lag too much . My parents don't want to let me buy a graphic card even if I have the money for it , they say of it is too much expensive even if I buy it . Anyone have a trick to convice them ?

Well unless it is THEIR money, why not? If it is money you got from other means, working, birthday cash, etc. Then why wouldn't you be able to spend it on something YOU want? If they don't want you spending all your time inside, maybe you need to make a balance of both? (it will be good for you anyways...if they are saying that you probably currently spend too much time playing)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Tell him that if the "outside" ran at 5 FPS, then it would also be unendurable. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I have no idea what that is...

I don't know what he mean too

If their knowledge of computers is limited lie that with a graphics card you could code which would look great on a resume. Parents love to hear about something that could make their child successful in life!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Unless the OP is like 14, there's no reason not to. What parent is going to hold their child inside of their home and not let them get a job?

Well unless it is THEIR money, why not? If it is money you got from other means, working, birthday cash, etc. Then why wouldn't you be able to spend it on something YOU want?

I kept the money from christmas and my birthday for it

I'll be honest, that's good parenting. How old are you, and do you play outside regularly?

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Well unless it is THEIR money, why not? If it is money you got from other means, working, birthday cash, etc. Then why wouldn't you be able to spend it on something YOU want?

I dont think you understood what op is saying he has the money that he likely earned but they wont let him buy what he wants.

I'll be honest, that's good parenting. How old are you, and do you play outside regularly?

13 and not much

I dont think you understood what op is saying he has the money that he likely earned but they wont let him buy what he wants.

I was clarifying, if it was the parents money I could understand. But it's his money. Most likely the OP spends too much inside playing video games, they want him to explore other things instead of doing that all day. They probably won't let him do it until he learns to balance out his activities, otherwise I can't see why they wouldn't let him spend his birthday/xmas cash.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]