How to convince my parents to let me buy a new graphic card

Tommylebig

Well I guess of I will stick to Minecraft and TF2 until I get old enough to get out of here  :(

Well I guess of I will stick to Minecraft and TF2 until I get old enough to get out of here  :(

Look on the brihgt side at least you will have lots of games built up by then.

Look on the brihgt side at least you will have lots of games built up by then.

I am a little bit bored of them I play them for like 3 years

Well I will ask my father if he want for the 115$ Radeon HD 7770 but I don't think of he will want because he actually sleep .

Well I got to go sleep , I hope of there would be good ideas for tomorrow on this topic . Bye

If you have the money for it, you should be the one that says what you're spending it on. They can't tell you what to do forever.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

realize that arma 3 and cod ghosts suck and go back to playing minesweeper

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

Tips to convince your parents, by Imakuni:

1. Buy a racing game. Fathers usually like playing it with kids.
  2. Download Dolphin, and emulate Wii games. Time for Mario Kart, cuz normal racing is just too serious for your mom. And by buying Wii controllers, you can ACTUALLY use motion sense for those family games.
  3. Promise you won't play CoD / Arma. Playing FPS games makes you dumber and your parents seem to realize that (no joke).
  4. If the card you'll pick has a lower TDP than your current card, say it will lower the power bills on the house.
  5. If the card is part of AMD's -insert random pack name- promotion, tell then that the card is actually much cheaper, but comes with tons of games you want.
  6. Download Folding@Home or Boinc, and say that you'll also be using the card to help science. in fact, just do it NOW, you don't need to wait the new card to help the world.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

As a father of 3, i can safely say 80% of the posts in here are horrible.

lol

On that note:

AS A FATHER - I would take into account the following factors:

1) How much time do you spend on the computer?

2) Will it affect your grades?

3) Will this turn you into a couch potato?

4) Are you responsible enough to understand the costs associated with said purchase?

5) Will it distract from your homework/chores?

IF i felt you were able to manage the above, i would most likely let you buy it...but man if any of the above started slipping....you wouldn't see that computer for a very long time. THAT would be our agreement. Maybe present it as an the above ultimatum - i start slipping in any of the above and i give you permission to remove it. 

Show you are aware of the negative side of gaming and are willing to take responsibility. 

If he still says no...you will have to respect his decision....as aweful as you may think parents are, we were once kids as well. We did all the stupid things you did and learned from it. Dont hate him after, but respect the fact that there is usually logic behind parental decisions.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

If you have the money for it, you should be the one that says what you're spending it on. They can't tell you what to do forever.

Man if you were my kid...

lol....

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

You think I could tell them of I will spend it on weed if they don't want me to buy the Graphic Card ? lol

please.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Man if you were my kid...

lol....

What i'm saying is that I was in that situation once. I was earning my own money, but my parents were telling me what and what not to buy. And yes, I was passing all my classes and I did all my chores and stuff. For example, I wanted to build my PC, but they said that was a waste of money and I shouldn't do it.

Now a few years later, I moved out and I don't depend on them as much. Parents can't protect their kids forever, and I say that if it's your money, go for it. (Of course, unless it's something ridiculous.)

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

Aww.. NVM then..

I got it :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

you've been too honest with them so far, if you told them its for school it would def work

Your money. Do what you want. My dad used to say crap like that so I started paying for everything myself. :P

Just pretend you need it to run Photoshop or something for school.

Everything that can be suggested had already been said. If there are other factors besides money, then that is something you must handle yourself, alongside some negotiation and compromise with your parents.

If money is the sole issue... I have a 650 Ti that I just retired from service that I can possibly ship you. It won't max everything out, but it'll be a huge upgrade from what your already have.

[witty signature]

Everything that can be suggested had already been said. If there are other factors besides money, then that is something you must handle yourself, alongside some negotiation and compromise with your parents.

If money is the sole issue... I have a 650 Ti that I just retired from service that I can possibly ship you. It won't max everything out, but it'll be a huge upgrade from what your already have.

wow, a samaritan appears...

i had to skip meals in school just to build my first PC coz doing chores is a duty(no such thing as more allowance) and i used to get $2 per school day for my meal in school

had to save $400 for that celeron system

now, i earn enough to pay utilities and part of the mortgage...my younger sis handles the remaining amount

yeah, we both stay with our mother

back  before i was fully diagnosed with a condition, my mom would hound me about what i spend on...

sure, i understand her views but PC games is one of most effective de-stress methods

now that my health condition is obvious, she lays off me as long as i fulfill my obligations...

back to OP issue, start saving up more of allowance, keep it hidden... then physically buy a card

my parents was shocked i managed to save $400 then when i wasnt allowed to take part-time jobs

Unless they want you to save that money for something more important, like education or a car for example, just buy it and tell them only after the fact. It's your money, you should decide what to do with it, it's bad parenting to not let you figure out how to budget on your own.

Perhaps problem is you, more exactly your desire to played retarted games like cod.

Also your parents probably think you will become addicted to CoD and stuff, so you have to solve this first or at least go around somehow

Using Tapatalk

Perhaps problem is you, more exactly your desire to played retarted games like cod.

Also your parents probably think you will become addicted to CoD and stuff, so you have to solve this first or at least go around somehow

I think the author isn't even here anymore...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Really? If he wants to play CoD, then let him play CoD. Personal choice.

[witty signature]

Really? If he wants to play CoD, then let him play CoD. Personal choice.

I agree with you, it's up to him, but he still needs to gain some trust.

Using Tapatalk

Hi , I want to buy a new graphic card because my current one cannot play call of duty ghost and arma 3 , I already bought those games but they are unplayable because it lag too much . My parents don't want to let me buy a graphic card even if I have the money for it , they say of it is too much expensive even if I buy it . Anyone have a trick to convice them ?

There is a simple solution, only 4 steps:

1. Open a window
  2. Take your graphic card
  3. Throw the card outside the window
  4. Tell your parents you need a new one

tell them to let you buy a computer part or you're going to start injecting marijuanas and dress like emo kids and write poems about how the world sickens you. infact..dress like marilyn manson and tell them its either this or the pc part.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

He said no for the MSI one  :( also it is really hard to say bullshit about what the GPU can do when your parent know more about it than yourself