GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

Yea, fuck Rockstar for not just releasing the game as it is now (probably buggy/broken), I'll just pirate it now! That'll teach em' to try and fix their game before release!

its not the first time game companies stall the release date on a game. AAA titles are notorious for releasing a half-baked game even with the extra time for polishing. 

Yea, fuck Rockstar for not just releasing the game as it is now (probably buggy/broken), I'll just pirate it now! That'll teach em' to try and fix their game before release!

You've convinced me! I'm going to hype myself up for the PC release of this game more than 18 months after initial release on consoles and immediately spend full triple-A price on it the moment it comes out. That'll teach them to release their PC ports on time shortly after console release and with minimal bugs!

65 gig download? Gon need a 2 month headstart on that preload...  sigh

65 gig download? Gon need a 2 month headstart on that preload...  sigh

Times like these is when I am open to buying the retail disc, assuming it has actual dvds for the install instead of a stupid code.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Now there are going to be high expectations on this game.

And 65 GB? God's sake that's gonna take me a week to download.

5 mbps down 1 mbps up master race

65 GB would be uncompressed. It would be closer to 40 GB download.

Fucking really?

Once again we PC players get treated like second class citizens. I guess Dying light will be getting my money, and I'll be waiting until GTA 5 goes on sale for at least 50% before buying it.

You've convinced me! I'm going to hype myself up for the PC release of this game more than 18 months after initial release on consoles and immediately spend full triple-A price on it the moment it comes out. That'll teach them to release their PC ports on time shortly after console release and with minimal bugs!

I see the sarcasm but....shortly after console is not "on time"

And they should be console ports, not PC ports :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah I know. I'm pissed about it too, but I guess I would rather have them release a well optimized game than to have another GTA IV disaster again.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So you'd rather they rush it out and release a potentially buggy/broken game? If the end result is good what is an extra two months? What result do you think piracy will have? It sure as fuck won't send a message to them about taking too long or some shit. No it will simply convince them they were right and drive them further away. You want publishers and developers to take PC gaming more serious there is a simple solution BUY MORE FUCKING GAMES AT HIGHER PRICES AND DON'T PIRATE SHIT. They're for profit companies, not bloody charities. Give companies a reason to care and put in effort and they will. Not every publisher is Ubisoft, they don't all deserve our instant scorn no matter what.

i agree with everyone saying they would rather wait and have a good game, but i just wish rockstar would stop setting release dates that they can't keep....

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i agree with everyone saying they would rather wait and have a good game, but i just wish rockstar would stop setting release dates that they can't keep....

I agree, though it seems to be common industry wide lately. I wonder if studios are trying to play it a little safer for now after the disaster that was the AAA game industry last year.

This game better have a FANTASTIC release

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

The 4k screenshots (that I actually looked at on my 4k monitor) look amazing if they are taking the extra time to ensure that the game will run well at 4K with that recommended hardware. Kind of hoping that the recommended hardware includes running at the advertised native 4k support. I recently bought a GTX 980 which is installed in my lounge gaming PC, and considering that any TV I'm likely to buy in the near future will be 4k, I would love to be able to run it at such. Tbh, I would love to see native down-sampling/Nvidia DSR. Sniper elite 3 looks amazing with it turned on.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

those specs :o

im glad to see dem specs

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This is not okay, they have had 1.5 years to get it done, even when pc is the "New version" og gta v it is clearly a matter of priotization... I think they earn some shit for this... But I will still buy, i will whine if it is shit, and I will certainly say, now, rockstar, you fucking ass hat!

With a slight smile...

Give companies a reason to care and put in effort and they will.

Throwing money at a company after they screwed you is not the right course of action. Throwing money at a company after they released a shitty PC port many months after initial release and after having pushed the release date back several times motivates them to continue not giving a shit because you will still buy their game on release at full triple-A price with microtransactions and DLC thrown on top no matter when they release it and what condition it is in. Where is the motivation? Why put in the effort when you don't need to. Why should we reward them for not giving a shit about the PC port. You're still assuming they're going to release a good port, which based on Rockstar's previous experience porting their games to PC, we cannot assume.

We shouldn't reward companies that have done everything wrong in the hopes that throwing money at them will make them do everything right in the future. Yeah, if we all pirate GTA V they will see few sales and little money made, and they won't likely put in a whole lot of effort into porting their PC games. But you know what? They already aren't. So fuck them. It's a lost cause. Can we really expect that much from them? It's a lose-lose situation. If you have loads of money to throw at shitty overpriced games, go for it. I would rather spend wisely.

Oh and before you dismiss me, I haven't pirated anything in my life. I doubt I will pirate GTA V either.

I wonder how many are going to torrent it out of spite.

I'm sorely considering it. A poll on this topic would be nice.

I'm sorely considering it. A poll on this topic would be nice.

A poll on who would torrent it would be against CoC.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Rockstar are really frustrating at this point. I understand when they say they need time to make the best possible port they can but I don't understand how they can make wrong estimate of the timeframe to release. 

2 things-

a) If they aren't sure then just say what Carmack says when asked for release dates for his games - It'll be released when it's finished.

b ) If you can't make the release date, inform a good deal in advance. CD projekt announced the 2nd delay of TW3 quite sometime before the expected launch date. Rockstar on the other hand are informing it just 2 weeks prior. What's worse is that when asked, they denied delay rumors just a week back and this week they announce the delay.

Their PR and management needs to open up a bit more with the community. Keeping mum isn't good, even worse when you deny something which is true.

CPUIntel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2GHz MotherboardASUS H97 PRO GPUeVGA GeForce GTX 760 RamKingston Hyper-X 8 GB @1886MHz SSD128GB Kingston HDD1:  Seagate Barracuda 7.2K 500GB CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon120V PSU: Cooler Master G750 CaseCooler Master 690 III MonitorLG 24-inch IPS 1080p Keyboard: Random Dell keyboard Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3.5G Mousepad: Razer Vespula HeadsetRazer Kraken 7.1 OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 

What the fucking hell man. I built my PC for GTA 5.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

i hope many

i know i would, if i'd still care

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Holy smokes, that space req though, but.. I like how my CPU is the recommended one :3 For once teh i5-3470 got to be noticed :3

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Good news from this: I still can't play it with my potato set-up, so I've got nothing to worry about!

Bad: I can't play GTA V. I am disappointed by my existence...

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Throwing money at a company after they screwed you is not the right course of action. Throwing money at a company after they released a shitty PC port many months after initial release and after having pushed the release date back several times motivates them to continue not giving a shit because you will still buy their game on release at full triple-A price with microtransactions and DLC thrown on top no matter when they release it and what condition it is in. Where is the motivation? Why put in the effort when you don't need to. Why should we reward them for not giving a shit about the PC port. You're still assuming they're going to release a good port, which based on Rockstar's previous experience porting their games to PC, we cannot assume.

We shouldn't reward companies that have done everything wrong in the hopes that throwing money at them will make them do everything right in the future. Yeah, if we all pirate GTA V they will see few sales and little money made, and they won't likely put in a whole lot of effort into porting their PC games. But you know what? They already aren't. So fuck them. It's a lost cause. Can we really expect that much from them? It's a lose-lose situation. If you have loads of money to throw at shitty overpriced games, go for it. I would rather spend wisely.

Oh and before you dismiss me, I haven't pirated anything in my life. I doubt I will pirate GTA V either.

Previous experience? The PS2-era GTA games weren't bad ports. I haven't played Bully though I've heard it isn't really that great of a port. GTAIV is a horribly optimized game, but bug wise it's decent as far as giant open world games go. Max Payne 3 had a GREAT PC version (not a port according to Rockstar) and that is supposedly the team working on the PC version of GTAV. So no their history doesn't point to it being bad automatically. When it comes to games I care about one thing: The final result. I support good games, not random BS internet hate sprees.