Do you prefer PC's with LED lighting or none?

PlayModeOn

Mixture, my server is in a nice quiet define mini

my gaming pc is in a 300r with some white LED strips

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd rather have no LEDs aside from the status leds (power, HDD activity)...

I sleep on the floor and if I leave my PC turned on, the light from the LED fan shines at my face...

I'm planning to trade out the LED fan that I have with 2x non-LED DeepCool XFan 120s or a pair of cheap 120mm OEM fans (if they perform well enough)...

This LED fan will go into another rig...

As someone whom's pc looks like this: (Or case I should say :P)

Yes, I would like to get rid of the LED's.

Stock cooler? What's your CPU?

Not too much. If the lighting is over the top, it just looks naff, like coloured lighting. If I had some in my case, it would be white, just to help show off the internals a little more, other than that, I think LED lighting in cases unnecessary. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I like my pc as it is with LED. I just use DIODER from ikea..... Comes with a remote to change colours

-notice the white cable hanging from up top, i fixed that :D-

post-90150-0-83359100-1421062333.jpg

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I prefer PCs with cold cathode tubes.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

I think it's quite interesting to see - a lot of people in this thread prefer to have as clean-looking cases as possible - yet it's relatively hard to find a case that will be clean and without LED's / Bling / stylish stuff.

I personally like it clean. Complete black, no accents. Just a black case with as good airflow as possible whilst being silent (though impossible).

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I think some subtle lighting can look great, but have strayed away from the look more recently. I like the Corsair 70T's look with the front fan lighting the front mesh. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have white LED's installed but they are ALWAYS turned off. I leave them in just in case I need to have a look inside the computer one day and the light would help me see whatever it is I may be looking for. lel

I like LEDs and I think they look really nice, but only when there is a few of them. When everything is overlit in red or green or blue, it kinda destroys the point of making it look good, because it simply doesn't.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

LEDs look good if they are not too overwhelming and the rest of the components match. I have a red/black pc with only a red led cpu fan and red backlit motherboard and it looks pretty good imo

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I like having some lighting inside the case so I can see the inside when it is dark but I try to keep it low-key so that it is not too distracting and looks like a child's toy. I like using led fans instead of led strips to lessen cable mess.

900x900px-LL-85598115_DSC_0008asSmartObj

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

I like having some lighting inside the case so I can see the inside when it is dark but I try to keep it low-key so that it is not too distracting and looks like a child's toy. I like using led fans instead of led strips to lessen cable mess.

900x900px-LL-85598115_DSC_0008asSmartObj

maganda :D

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I prefer computer with just a soft white light - then again I am a sleever and if you use any color light besides white it washes out the sleeve color.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

I'm going with a bluish/purple tin theme and named it xenos, but most of my strips will be white.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I prefer computer with just a soft white light - then again I am a sleever and if you use any color light besides white it washes out the sleeve color.

Yes same, Soft white looks very nice with a black PCB motherboard and black or coloured sleeves.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

LED is pointless but it's for the bling bling. I use to like it but i don't anymore. I look at the Monitor when I'm gaming, not at the PC lol.

LED is pointless but it's for the bling bling. I use to like it but i don't anymore. I look at the Monitor when I'm gaming, not at the PC lol.

Uh LED is useful for seeing things in the dark.

Like for example you want to inspect your PC but it is too dark, no problem, have a NZXT LED strip which can be turned off or on (and change the brightness) if you want to see in the dark without a flashlight.

And then turn it off when not needed.

It is better if it is white LED though.

But the point of this thread is not about the practical use of LED but as an art or looks (or "bling bling").

I am not a fan of low end LED lighting.  If you can see the individual LEDs then you are probably doing it wrong.  More subtle lighting schemes though (backlighting and accent lighting) can add a lot to a build, but it will add to the cost to do it right.

Then again, you could go extreme and add a 5mm pitch RGB display close behind a diffuser and play video . . .

Fair disclosure: I have been working with LED technology for the last 25 years, so I might be a little biased. 

Oh yeah, IMO the backlight on the iPad rocks though . . .

I think everyones first build has a ton of effects and bling. but then as you grow older you realise it looks silly and turn it all off. then your next build has none of it. and the further you go in building, the more classy, inconspicuos you try to make your machine.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Id either go for white or UV strips. Uv are really bright and even if you do not own any UV components it can still light up a case pretty well.