Do you prefer PC's with LED lighting or none?

PlayModeOn

Hello.

Just asking, do you people prefer to have fancy lighting in your PC? Like LED strips, fans, fan controller. etc. Or do you prefer a clean and limited light source in your PC?

At the moment I only have blue LED fans (Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm), and now I am thinking of replacing them with Noctua or any non-led fans because I think the LED is a bit distracting and makes it look a little cheap. But I will want to use white LED strips so I can see inside my PC at night (I do love white LEDs in a black case). I like subtlety but it doesn't mean I like to remove every LED. Just my opinion.

Some people think simplicity is more "grown up" but other says it is boring and lack artistic taste and expression.

What is your take on this? Do you think LED are for kids and not for grown up or that is just ignorant?

Thanks.

PS: I got that "LED is for kids" quote or something like that from some other forums I read, they have a polarising opinions on LEDs so this may get interesting.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

It is good for a themed build, but I wouldn't use it for my main as it makes your build look childish. I prefer the simplicity of maybe a few white LED strips to illuminate the build

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

None, I like to keep my PC as clean as possible, LED's just add additional cables.

If it is done well, I can look great, beautiful even. But if you have a 12-year-old who sticks LEDs everywhere in this case, then it will look sloppy and of poor taste. It also depends on whether or not the case has a large window. When a case has a large window, you have to be more meticulous about the placement and the color of the LEDs.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

None, I like to keep my PC as clean as possible, LED's just add additional cables.

LED fans these days only have a single cable, the power source will power up both the fan and the LED.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

LED fans these days only have a single cable, the power source will power up both the fan and the LED.

I know, I am talking about LED strips.

As someone whom's pc looks like this: (Or case I should say :P)

15629996573_2e6f06d97d_c.jpg

Yes, I would like to get rid of the LED's.

Ok yea that does look ridiculous.

I personally prefer PCs without LED lighting as in a dark room watching movies or playing games it can be very distracting. Of course, both my computers have LEDs in places that make them glaringly obvious and very annoying and I can't remove them without damaging things.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, i need to get a H440... But i dont have money... Or maybe... Hmmm. I have someone...

Just replace the fans? beQuiet!, Corsair and Noctua makes great fans.

I personally prefer PCs without LED lighting as in a dark room watching movies or playing games it can be very distracting. Of course, both my computers have LEDs in places that make them glaringly obvious and very annoying and I can't remove them without damaging things.

Apart from practicality, what about from an art and looks point of view? Lets say in daylight do you prefer an LED or no-LED case?

Apart from practicality, what about from an art and looks point of view? Lets say in daylight do you prefer an LED or no-LED case?

With a $30 case that looks ok, but has nothing in the way of a cable management solution and a side window, and a case dating back to 2002, you don't really want to show them off at all. Especially if they have IDE cables, or a graphics card with its pci power sockets place in an area that just doesn't make sense. If I had a case worth illuminating I would go with LED lighting during the day.

PMSL

I prefer non-LED, unless it is something subtle to highlight the theme i.e. white light. Must be able to switch them off though- far too distracting to keep on all the time!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I've two white LED strips. One in the bottom and one in the top. I really like them and I think it isn't too much. But I wouldn't put hundreds of lights into my rig. It would look really cheap.

This is how it looks now: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/285249-my-rig-without-a-name-black-n-blue/
Keep in mind that the pictures look much brighter than it is irl.

I've two white LED strips. One in the bottom and one in the top. I really like them and I think it isn't too much. But I wouldn't put hundreds of lights into my rig. It would look really cheap.

This is how it looks now: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/285249-my-rig-without-a-name-black-n-blue/

Keep in mind that the pictures look much brighter than it is irl.

Unfortunately any sites with .de in the end is blocked by my internet provide (don't ask why) so I can't see the pictures.

Unfortunately any sites with .de in the end is blocked by my internet provide (don't ask why) so I can't see the pictures.

Wow, thats the first time I heard that an ISP wouldn't allow german sites O.o

Maybe that one works:

0334aa59f5e2f75f1d0814fcbcafe02a_thumb.j

Pvjltk7.jpg

Maybe that one works:

If my rigs only looked half as good as yours...

PMSL

If my rigs only looked half as good as yours...

Thanks  :lol: Was a lot of work.

Maybe that one works:

Pvjltk7.jpg

That looked quite nice!

The amount and placement of lighting on the NZXT H440 Razer case is almost about right for me. However I'd swap the case for a Red/Black design, the lighting for red LED, allow them to be independently controlled and add a dimmer for the internal lighting.

I have a few BitFenix Spectre Pros with Green LEDs in my case.

I thought they would illuminate the case a little better than they do. They sort of wash out with green glow right around the fans themselves, but it dies out pretty quickly around the things that matter.

I have to admit, it does look pretty tacky. I plan on removing the little loops that keep the lights on the next time I clean out my case, so they don't light up at all.

However, I do plan on replacing them with an LED strip or two further down the line when I replace my case. Though I'll probably go Red, as I plan on picking up a red NZXT S340, and green LEDs would look pretty horrible with that color scheme.

It all comes down to implementation. Fan LEDs are pretty tacky looking, I've discovered. Though a nice glow from a few strips placed as to be almost invisible can sure bring a build together...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I have the ROG Ranger mobo and it has a very subtle red LED strip along the the audioboard seperator. In my red-black H440, it is all the lighting I need to show off the theme.  

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41