Do you prefer PC's with LED lighting or none?

PlayModeOn

I kinda placed a ton of LEDs everywhere not just my desktop.

wdXSLnil.jpg

X6vAcVxl.jpg

AeX7CS4l.jpg

Soooo yes, I like LEDs in PCs ONLY if it works--if it's themed and the lights actually show off something.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

I use an nzxt hue in my cm 690 III, and love it. If distracting while watching movie i turn them off, when gaming or "showoff my rig" i have them on.

Wouldnt prefer non switchable leds...

None.

I blue LEDs on all case fans now, and I regret that decision so much now. I haven't slept well for ages because of it :( Also I now think it looks childish and bad.

I kinda placed a ton of LEDs everywhere not just my desktop.

wdXSLnil.jpg

X6vAcVxl.jpg

AeX7CS4l.jpg

Soooo yes, I like LEDs in PCs ONLY if it works--if it's themed and the lights actually show off something.

Yes but you are using subtle LED which is very good.

Unfortunately my PC has lots of blue LED fans of which I am going to replace and just have one strip of white LED. 

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Yes but you are using subtle LED which is very good.

Unfortunately my PC has lots of blue LED fans of which I am going to replace and just have one strip of white LED. 

Ah I see what you mean. It shouldn't be hard to grab some 120mm fans that are both cheap and reliable. But yeah, pics when you're done? :D Subtle LED lighting is one of the best uses of the light source.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

I like the subtle lights that came with my H440, just the PSU shroud logo and rear I/O illumination. I think I might add a white LED strip to illuminate the internals. I wouldn't see it much when I'm at home as the window faces towards my feet under my desk, but it would look pretty nice at LAN events and such.

Ah I see what you mean. It shouldn't be hard to grab some 120mm fans that are both cheap and reliable. But yeah, pics when you're done? :D Subtle LED lighting is one of the best uses of the light source.

Yes but if I were to "upgrade" my fans I may as well get Noctua....because I can lol

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I think any great build should have some lighting but the trick is to avoid making it look like a circus which is easier said then done (and make sure there's an off switch).

I prefer no LEDS or a limited amount with subtle brightness. 

I actually love a "glowing" PC. If it's a bright light you should be able to turn it off though, eg. when watching movies in the dark and the light's distracting.

It should also definitely NOT be all over the place though. LED fans here, an LED strip there, pulsating GPU LEDs... no way. The colors should also fit together. What I like is something like that...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/PtIE7_YS5UGRGuFiV9sL1vUabWy-5m_3x1mbBxH446w=w552-h414-p-no

Simple and beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/GLsVY.jpg

NOT beautiful. Not at all.

Just asking, do you people prefer to have fancy lighting in your PC? Like LED strips, fans, fan controller. etc. Or do you prefer a clean and limited light source in your PC?

No lighting, I keep my PC near to my monitor so lights would be distracting, and on my HTPC it would be even worst (imagine watching a movie with a red light in the room  :rolleyes:), I could use a fan controller (I don't because I don't need to control the speed of my fans but if I did I don't see a reason not to use it).

I love LEDs when done tastefully. There is a point when it's just too much and looks tacky and cheap

I've one LED strip at the bottom of my case that gives a nice but not overpowering glow of white light.

Not huge on LED fans though. 

Webcam image btw.

post-62428-0-00911100-1421357120_thumb.j

post-62428-0-00911100-1421357120_thumb.j

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've one LED strip at the bottom of my case that gives a nice but not overpowering glow of white light.

Not huge on LED fans though. 

Webcam image btw.

attachicon.gifPicture 1.jpg

Awesome, that looks very mysterious, I like it.

To much is always to much.. You can have some beautiful LED's that fit the system or just some flashing christmas lights.

It's your own opinion make them always fit the colour scheme, and hang them somewhere nice not just randomly sticking them on the side. Think of where you can place them.

In my opinion every modded pc needs a light :)

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.