Need an amp for my Hyper Cloud X

Gix7Fifty

impedance of 60 Ω. The front panel audio out of my Maximus VII Hero just isn't doing it (set to extreme).

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

buy a cheap xonar DG or DX

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

oh please no

go for fiio e10k op

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Fiio e10k

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

impedance of 60 Ω. The front panel audio out of my Maximus VII Hero just isn't doing it (set to extreme).

Tried the back panel? Does this mean not enough volume, or what?

I doubt a cheap soundcard will be NO better than the Maximus.

oh please no

its a perfectly good sound card and headphone amp

its a xonar sound card, highly recommended by linus

not only does it give much better sound quality than onboard, but it also is a high fidelity headphone amp for 150 ohm headphones

the reasons why its cheap is because its not meant to drive 600 ohm headphones, and it doesnt have a ton of features like an STX does.

but OP only needs it as an amplifier, not as a feature packed professional sound card

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

not only does it give much better sound quality than onboard, but it also is a high fidelity headphone amp for 150 ohm headphones

the reasons why its cheap is because its not meant to drive 600 ohm headphones, and it doesnt have a ton of features like an STX does.

but OP only needs it as an amplifier, not as a feature packed professional sound card

that mobo probably has better onboard than most sound cards.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Back is weaker, fpa is amplified.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I don't give a fuck what Linus recommends.

A cheap Asus soundcard does not have better hardware than a high-end Asus motherboard. You're just recommending that the OP waste money.

Back is weaker, fpa is amplified.

I figured, but it's worth a try, especially if the front is defective.

A cheap Asus soundcard does not have better hardware than a high-end Asus motherboard. You're just recommending that the OP waste money.

I figured, but it's worth a try, especially if the front is defective.

Not defedtive, just not enough.

What's with the profanity? Are you having a bad day or something?

Chill M8...

Spoiler

So you want power, huh?

Buy the cheapest nice quality amp you can find. (maybe something like this)

However, you shouldn't listen to very high volume... The Clouds are pretty efficient headphones. If you use more power you will probably damage your hearing in the long run.

Not enough what? Volume? You need to elaborate, because if you aren't getting enough volume you either have a hearing problem or your motherboard is defective.

Not enough what? Volume? You need to elaborate, because if you aren't getting enough volume you either have a hearing problem or your motherboard is defective.

Really I need to elaborate?

Obviously its volume and my motherboard is not defective and I do not have a hearing problem. Is there some other weird topic you want to discuss like jets flying over my house? Dude I want more audio power in my ear!!!

Really I need to elaborate?

Obviously its volume and my motherboard is not defective and I do not have a hearing problem. Is there some other weird topic you want to discuss like jets flying over my house? Dude I want more audio power in my ear!!!

Then you should probably (as suggested) get a Fiio E10k or Syba. The Hero onboard sound clearly sucks.

Then you should probably (as suggested) get a Fiio E10k or Syba. The Hero onboard sound clearly sucks.

The onboard amplified audio does not suck, it's just not enough for my taste, Do you have a Maximus VII Hero using the amplified front panel audio out amplified to extreme? No you do not, but as a self proclaimed audiophille you claim everything sucks.

Need a chat? Possibly teamspeak :3 

The onboard amplified audio does not suck, it's just not enough for my taste, Do you have a Maximus VII Hero using the amplified front panel audio out amplified to extreme? No you do not, but as a self proclaimed audiophille you claim everything sucks.

Not enough? do you shoot guns next to your ears everyday? 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Not enough? do you shoot guns next to your ears everyday? 

Thought my big crooked teeth would exempt me  from dentistry?

It sucks because it can't provide the whopping 16mW required to get the Clouds to 110dB. This is a statement of fact, has nothing to do with being an audiophile.

Need a chat? Possibly teamspeak :3 

It's a nice thought, but no.

It sucks because it can't provide the whopping 16mW required to get the Clouds to 110dB. This is a statement of fact, has nothing to do with being an audiophile.

Damn, werf tho. Everything potassium tho? 

Had the DG, it's not very good. The headphone amp part sounds 'dirty'. I know it's the head amp part, because it got worse with higher gain settings. Could be just a problem of EMI tho. Oh and it can't drive my 35 ohms HE400 well. Sold it not long after buying it. 

yep it sucks because you are pathetic!

It's quite true. For comparison, HE400 needs 50mW to get to 110dB (compare it to 16mW the HyperX needs), and it can be driven just a tad short on loudness on ipad. A rough assumption is that the onboard can only output 1/3, maybe less, power than what the ipad can.  

Insulting me won't change reality.

Damn, werf tho. Everything potassium tho? 

As well as can be expected.