Has YouTube changed the way they advertise?

N1G3L.L0K3

It might not be relevant to here but I just wanna post this because usually, ads has a 5 second skip button, now thats missing, rito YouTube or even GOOGLE? Its gonna be annoying.

(Rito is a word made by LoL gamers because whenever they complain of nerfs or UI changes they will say "Rito pls")

EDIT: I just tried with my IE, and the 5 sec button is still there, I think YouTube just bypassed the AdBlock which I am abit of using because some places I go keeps poping out ads I installed that. Its like using AdBlock will make you see ads more worse than before. I was using Chrome

post-136262-0-33603900-1420786703_thumb.

pOG

I haven't encountered it. If it's real I would perma-adblock.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I haven't encountered it. If it's real I would perma-adblock.

I just edited that, the problem is the site bypassed AdBlock in a worse way.

pOG

I just edited that, the problem is the site bypassed AdBlock in a worse way.

I don't trust Adblock. Adblock Plus is better.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I used to use adblock until I found how much it hurts content creators. It honestly isn't that annoying to watch a short ad before the video. After all it is free, and is the least you could do.

I agree so I white listed YouTube. I like having ad block though so when I go to cheap websites I dont have to play Russian roulette trying to figure out which is the right download button.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I agree so I white listed YouTube. I like having ad block though so when I go to cheap websites I dont have to play Russian roulette trying to figure out which is the right download button.

Which is what I wish everyone would do.

Which is what I wish everyone would do.

lol I was wondering why you only quoted my post with nothing added :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

lol I was wondering why you only quoted my post with nothing added :)

Haha, tablet doesn't always want to cooperate.

Content creators now have the option of disabling/enabling skippable ads. 

From my video manager on YouTube:

I2SruVx.png

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I don't trust Adblock. Adblock Plus is better.

i dont trust adblock plus

adblock edge is better

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i dont trust adblock plus

adblock edge is better

I have a feeling this thread is becoming a AdBlock master race! THATS NOT MY INTENTION! LOL. 

I2SruVx.png

Well the problem is not within you all, its about the adblock passthrough, which is a problem.

pOG

I have a feeling this thread is becoming a AdBlock master race! THATS NOT MY INTENTION! LOL. 

Well the problem is not within you all, its about the adblock passthrough, which is a problem.

Funny you mention adblock. I loaded up the extension to try it on my videos and it seems that if "skippable ads" is disabled in my video manager, the video ads are embedded in the video stream.

I believe YouTube is doing this via HTML5, and having one video stream that incorporates the ads. I haven't looked at the page source in detail, but my gut tells me that with this new way of serving ads, no ad blocking mechanism will be able to bypass it.

Also tested with the flash player, and ads are blocked fine on my videos. So it seems to be an HTML5 feature that YouTube got sneaky with  :ph34r: .

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Funny you mention adblock. I loaded up the extension to try it on my videos and it seems that if "skippable ads" is disabled in my video manager, the video ads are embedded in the video stream.

I believe YouTube is doing this via HTML5, and having one video stream that incorporates the ads. I haven't looked at the page source in detail, but my gut tells me that with this new way of serving ads, no ad blocking mechanism will be able to bypass it.

Also tested with the flash player, and ads are blocked fine on my videos. So it seems to be an HTML5 feature that YouTube got sneaky with  :ph34r: .

As USUAL, cheeky Googles. Made YouTube go sneaky with the AdBlock.

pOG

It doesn't always work, @JayzTwoCents did and yotube still shows unstoppable ads.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I dont mind ads before the video, but what really annoys me is when you load a longer video and its got ads during the video.

Watching something nice and quiet the important bits coming up. Your getting right into it and then *BAM* sneaky navy ad.

i use adblock but if i subscribe to the channel then i remove it for said channel

I used to use adblock until I found how much it hurts content creators. It honestly isn't that annoying to watch a short ad before the video. After all it is free, and is the least you could do.

I still block some youtube channels that I frequent. But I also subscribe to those people over either Patreon or Twitch, which is way more money than they would EVER get from my views.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I used to view youtube without adblock to support content creators, however, when midrolls were implemented, that was the last straw, Prerolls and Postrolls are fine, but midrolls are terrible as they are randomly placed so they frequently interrupt a point the content creator is making in the video, an active conversation, an animation sequence, ect.  It is worse if the midroll is unskippable as that adds the problem that I may forget what was happening at that point in time before the ad started.  If I had the option to not view midrolls, but make 15 second prerolls/30 second prerolls unskippable, I would be fine with that. As soon as I get a job, I will put forth my support through paetron, donation, ect. Youtube ads have become too invasive and damage the experience severely.

I dont mind ads before the video, but what really annoys me is when you load a longer video and its got ads during the video.

Watching something nice and quiet the important bits coming up. Your getting right into it and then *BAM* sneaky navy ad.

I can't stand that either I watch the NBA videos a lot most of the time I will get a 15 second ad at each one when the video is shorter

They have indeed

Could be worse.

... and speaking of worse, visit Lynda Dotcom to learn how to make a nice squarespace website and use offer code LINUS for some free Five Four Club T-shirts which you can use to wipe the blood off your face after you tried those Dollar Shave Club blades. 

(sigh ...)

this is 2015, who the hell doesn't adblock -- i install that shit before i install drivers

this is 2015, who the hell doesn't adblock

me !  me !

I use Ghostery instead.  That blocks a hell of a lot more than just the ads.

I've noticed more changes recently too.

Besides the whole skippable ads vs non-skippable thing that content creators get access to now, i've noticed the increase in ad's mid-video.

Some longer videos I watch ill get about 4-5 ad's over the length of it - it feels like im watching TV with the constant interruptions.

Could be worse.

... and speaking of worse, visit Lynda Dotcom to learn how to make a nice squarespace website and use offer code LINUS for some free Five Four Club T-shirts which you can use to wipe the blood off your face after you tried those Dollar Shave Club blades. 

(sigh ...)

....and speaking of sigh, visit store.phantom.glass, the last darn screen protector you'll ever need! Thanks to phantom.glass for protecting us while at CES, we've got a pretty cool video coming from them soooooon.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA