Which Company Will You Never Pay A Cent Again?

Guest DollarPC

HP, almost all of their consumer stuff is crap, prebuilts shit, laptops too (though that new 200$ stream laptop is a badass value) their printers are a ripoff because of ink prices, bigger than anybody else and since the beginning of times they drop connection whenever it wants too because the driver is shit, also the installation of the printer up until windows 8 was a bloody process due to the way the drivers installed seriously they are the worst pc oem out there, they should drop consumer altogether and stick to server and enterprise only, and tbh is a damn shame considering all the history they have up to the beginning of this century

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Odd. I've always had excellent service from EVGA.

That's what I've always heard, and what I expected. Their response in regards to my RMA wasn't that great, they didn't tell me anything about what they were doing until I received the new GPU in the mail, and that one had the exact same problem.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Razer, Turtle beach, dell and a few others.

Razer because every razer product I have ever owned broke within a year of purchase (No, I don't abuse my stuff)

Turtle beach because their sound quality is awful and the break, a lot... I have had turtle beach stuff come broken from a local store (Went and bought it)

Dell, their laptops seem nice, but I hate there almost all of there pre built desktops.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Razer, Turtle beach, dell and a few others.

Razer because every razer product I have ever owned broke within a year of purchase (No, I don't abuse my stuff)

Turtle beach because there sound quality is awful and the break, a lot... I have had turtle beach stuff come broken from a local store (Went and bought it)

Dell, there laptops seem nice, but I hate there almost all of there pre built desktops.

I have had my BlackWidow and DeathAdder from razer for well over a year and have never had an issue.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I have had my BlackWidow and DeathAdder from razer for well over a year and have never had an issue.

Yeah, I know a whole bunch of people like razer stuff, I just found that everything I have bought from them broke. My brother has had a naga for two years now and loves it.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Yeah, I know a whole bunch of people like razer stuff, I just found that everything I have bought from them broke. My brother has had a naga for two years now and loves it.

As with most things, you either love it or you hate it.

As with most things, you either love it or you hate it.

Couldn't agree more!

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

ADATA - Got the AS102P-64G-RBL & it just stopped working. Tried to RMA too much paper work!

AMD - 3rd party looking GUI, Half ass work everything, GPU's that have no quality control. nVidia is just really nice to me ^.^

Ubisoft - ...
EA -...
Microsoft - cheap stuff at high cost
Apple - cheap stuff at high cost
Star Wars - JK

ADATA - Got the AS102P-64G-RBL & it just stopped working. Tried to RMA too much paper work!

AMD - 3rd party looking GUI, Half ass work everything, GPU's that have no quality control. nVidia is just really nice to me ^.^

Ubisoft - ...
EA -...
Microsoft - cheap stuff at high cost
Apple - cheap stuff at high cost
Star Wars - JK

Apple - cheap stuff... How so?

Apple - cheap stuff... How so?

What about Microsoft? don't care about them? I said the same thing about Microsoft.

none really, i'm always up to give a second chance...as long as i dont get screwed around by the customer service department when something goes wrong, in that regard ASUS is now considered inexistant in the tech world as far as i'm concerned.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Thermaltake, their products are terrible

Ubisoft, until they get their shit together

Rosewill, they make cheap products

No name PSUs (obv)

What about Microsoft? don't care about them? I said the same thing about Microsoft.

Except it's fairly well known that the one thing Apple doesn't do is buy cheap crap (in general). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Except it's fairly well known that the one thing Apple doesn't do is buy cheap crap (in general). 

It don't cost them much to make it? Charge you 6x more.

It don't cost them much to make it? Charge you 6x more.

The iPhone 6 costs $200 to make and thats ignoring RnD, marketing, warranty/support, and staff. Compared to the Galaxy S5, which costs around $250. In the end the consumer pays $650 for an iPhone 6 and $600 for an S5. So whats Samsungs excuse for overcharging? It's not like they're designing the chip or other components of the phone, most of it is composed of off-the-shelf components. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The iPhone 6 costs $200 to make and thats ignoring RnD, marketing, warranty/support, and staff. Compared to the Galaxy S5, which costs around $250. 

other people said Apple, why you guys singling me out. LOL!!!

Hitachi

HGST

Seagate

Toshiba

ASRock

While Hitachi's ODDs are fine, their hard drive suck ass. Same with HGST, Toshiba, (which I believe both use Hitachi's tooling) and Seagate.

All my Hitachi drives have died within months, all my Seagates (except 1) have died within a couple years (that other one started dying about 11 years into its life...which is commendable).

I have Maxtor and Quantum (both known for unreliable drives) drives older than me that still work flawlessly (2000 and 1996 respectively). I only buy WD's, they seem to be the longest lasting drives for me.

ASRock's boards are pretty poop. I have had 4 and 3 have died within a year, 1 being a Z77Pro3, 2 replacements, and finally after the warranty went out a Z77 Extreme6, (which seems to be pretty solid so far), the only saving grace is the price, the aesthetics the legacy friendly features (my board has a floppy connector...which I use), and the ability to overclock NON-K CPUS!! Unfortunately, the BIOS is kind of poop, it doesn't support PXE booting, it doesn't work very good with Windows 8, and the lack of DualBIOS/BIOS Flashback type features or any kind of reliability features other than "gold caps"...but they do have a removable BIOS chip that can be reflashed with a programmer unlike INTEL!!!!!!!!!!!

On the contrary, I have had nothing but great luck with MSI and Gigabyte, I have MSI and Gigabyte boards from as far back as 1999 and 2002 respectively and they all still work great (although they are coming down with some capacitor plague) :(

Hitachi no longer exist as a HDD manufacturer, HGST are a WD owned company using their drive technology and Toshiba make their own drives.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

True, but the only thing that Microsoft makes, which affects me, is their software. And I get it for free. So I have no complaints about them. 

As for Apple, I feel that they make a quality product and support that product with a quality and optimized OS. It seems everyone hates on Apple's products but I don't see why. Anything that Apple is blamed for can also be reflected in many other tech companies.

Hitachi no longer exist as a HDD manufacturer, HGST are a WD owned company using their drive technology and Toshiba make their own drives.

Huh...

Well I thought about a year or so ago Toshiba bought Hitachi's tooling and started making drives exactly like theirs

and i thought hgst also used hitachi's stuff because of their drives having the TravelStar/DeskStar/UltraStar/Touro moniker, and because it stands for Hitachi Global Storage Technologies

apparently im wrong.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I dont have any. But ill never ever spend any money on a CoD game...

Ikr? All that was really added to CoD AW, was the laser and jetpacks. Not exactly ground breaking.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Seagate... (Glances at pile of dead drives <_< )

Possibly EVGA. Current GTX 970 GPU I have has bad whine and stability issues. Not saying I won't ever buy from them again, but it will be a consideration.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Ford Motor Company. I can't stand the interior of any of their newer cars. And the ones 5+ years old that roll into my shop always have all the lettering worn off of their buttons. And it's all touchpad-like buttons with no tactile feel at all. Cheap bastards.

Seagate. Every drive I have bought from them has died within a year of purchase. Maybe I just have bad luck, but it's enough to never spend money on them again.

Burger King. All of their food is absolute crap. All fast food is crap, but Burger King is a whole new level of bad.

Time Warner. Just no. You had me as a customer, and you were so bad that when I moved, I made sure I would be able to use another ISP. That's saying something. (I currently have Verison. Still super evil and as pleasant to deal with as a bag of horse shit, but better than Time Warner)

Ikr? All that was really added to CoD AW, was the laser and jetpacks. Not exactly ground breaking.

So lets see....

In Arkham Asylum you played as Batman and fought bad guys in order to defeat the joker. Arkham City you played as Batman and fought bad guys in order to find a cure and defeat the joker. and in Arkham Origins you played as batman and fought bad guys in order to defeat the joker. 

In borderlands 1 you fought bad guys while looking for a vault and collecting weapons and shit. In borderlands 2 you fought bad guys while looking for a vault and collecting weapons and shit. In borderlands the pre sequel you fought bad guys while looking for a vault, collecting weapons, and jetpacking around.  

Yep, how dare CoD not drastically change things up with each successive game. 

Seagate... (Glances at pile of dead drives  <_< )

Possibly EVGA. Current GTX 970 GPU I have has bad whine and stability issues. Not saying I won't ever buy from them again, but it will be a consideration.

A lot of 970s have coil whine issues. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

GM. My wife has had nothing but problems with her Cobalt. Leaks every where and they refuse to do anything about it. Recalls galore. And my old 2008 Pontiac G6 GT crapped the bed 2 years in to owning it and I bought it brand new off the lot.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB