ASUS 27-inch ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K Gaming Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC and IPS

BiG StroOnZ

Ultra yes, no AA.

Who buys a 4K monitor only to play at low graphical settings?

Edit: Ninja edit.

You don't need AA with 4K, and yet some people refuse to believe that...

Shadows from high to ultra don't offer any better fidelity, but the solver is 12 iterations deeper, so big performance hit. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'd love to be wrong, but I can't help but think that most of these "gaming" IPS monitors coming out are going to disappoint when compared with the "professional" IPS monitors from a color & quality standpoint.

I'd still like a smooth and automatic G-Sync to ULMB transition; maybe in 2016. 4K and 60Hz sounds fine for what we have now, like PhillBert says, it'll take a lot of graphical horsepower to try and max that out.

You don't need AA with 4K, and yet some people refuse to believe that...

Shadows from high to ultra don't offer any better fidelity, but the solver is 12 iterations deeper, so big performance hit. 

I said nothing about needing AA on 4K, I was correcting your assessment that the benchmarks I linked used 4x AA; but you edited that out of your post.

I stand by my statement that if you have to sacrifice graphical fidelity down to low settings, your machine is not really ready for 4K. People often just buy 4K monitors for their gaming machines prematurely for the epeen.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I said nothing about needing AA on 4K, I was correcting your assessment that the benchmarks I linked used 4x AA; but you edited that out of your post.

I stand by my statement that if you have to sacrifice graphical fidelity down to low settings, your machine is not really ready for 4K. People often just buy 4K monitors for their gaming machines prematurely for the epeen.

Sorry that particular bit wasn't aimed at you, just people who still exist thinking you will always need AA.

That's fine, but I'm saying the difference between high and ultra for a number of things is negligible for the performance hit you will take to move up to ultra. It's a sort of "pick your battles" idea I'm trying to get across.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Sorry that particular bit wasn't aimed at you, just people who still exist thinking you will always need AA.

That's fine, but I'm saying the difference between high and Ultra for a number of things is negligible for the performance hit you will take to move up to ultra.

I would 100% agree with that :) There is always a point of diminishing returns. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Too small.

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Asus be like "Bro, do you even display?"

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Cool, if I was one of those people who spends like $10,000 on a gaming setup.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

If they don't overprice this, I might consider it over the P2715q. Considering the 1440p Swift is insanely expensive, I'm not keeping my hopes up at all.

Dropping the "ROG" name and "For Gamers" fluff will probably drop the price tag a few hundred alone.

Personally would like to see 4K gsync/freesync screens pop up in around the 40" size.

Would retain good pixel density while being a great gaming experience.

Gsync with no 144hz = useless 

Most dimwitted thing I read all day.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

hmm im confused, i thought g-sync monitors had to be 144hz to be effective. i know it can be 60hz but youd get stutter if u dip below 60

also they say IPS. but while back AUO came out and announced working on AHVA panels ((Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle). which is basically TN with advanced viewing angles. so im not sure what if will look like in real life. ROG SWIFT has pretty amazing colours for TN, but we'll see.

Although G-sync isn't really useful below like 40 fps. That was a stupid thing to say indeed. If one could maintain 40-60 fps @ 4K G-sync would be great.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Gsync was supposed to eliminate stutter AND tearing , like this is just a better adaptive-vsync. It's just my opinion , that monitors with gsync thay dont support higher refresh rate than 60 are not worth putting possibly huge amounts of money into

All we need now is 4K, IPS, 144Hz with g-sync/free sync.

No, no we don't.

Two 980s still won't max out every recent game in 4K at a solid 60 fps, once the top single GPU is able to do that, then maybe we should start looking at 120hz+ 4K.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

No, no we don't.

Two 980s still won't max out every recent game in 4K at a solid 60 fps, once the top single GPU is able to do that, then maybe we should start looking at 120hz+ 4K.

Or in a parallel world where 3-way SLI actually works as well as 2-way.

32 inch, 4K, ips, 144hz, almost no bezel = let's have a deal, next year maybe?

Now please give me a nice 1080p 24inch IPS G-Sync monitor. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I doubt this will do 1440p at 144Hz because my ROG Swift does not even do 1080p over 60Hz. Only 1440p does that for the 1440p version of rog swift.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Who gives a shit about 144hz at 4k, your games won't run that well at that res. Since this is 4k it should easily scale down to 1080p without interpolation, making it better than a 1440p monitor. If it can do 120/144Hz at 1080p then I will be happy.