ASUS 27-inch ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K Gaming Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC and IPS

BiG StroOnZ

30bcr9f.jpg

2ufsphc.jpg

More pictures added:

20qkv46.jpg

05140151559l.jpg

The new ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ features a 3840 x 2160-pixel 4K (UHD) resolution IPS panel for wide viewing angles and accurate color.

The 27-inch LED-backlit display features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to synchronizes its refresh rates to the computer’s graphics-processing unit (GPU), eliminating screen tearing and minimizing stutter and input lag to deliver the smoothest gaming experience possible. The monitor stand features full tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment, as well as a “smart cable-management system”. The panel has a 1000:1 contrast ratio (without dynamic numbers in the millions this might look unimpressive, but it is typical for the native contrast on IPS) and 300 cd/m² brightness

Pricing unavailable currently. 

Source: http://www.pcper.com/news/Displays/CES-2015-ASUS-27-inch-ROG-Swift-PG27AQ-4K-Gaming-Monitor-NVIDIA-G-SYNC-and-IPS

Know everyone has been wanting a 4K G-Sync IPS panel, well here it is in all it's glory. Refresh rate @ 4K is more than likely 60Hz. But I'd be willing to bet it can do 120-144Hz @ 1440p. 

Addition details:

Apparently it's 60Hz @ 4K, but it also is advertised as UHD, so it's possible it can do 120-144Hz @ 1440p (but it doesn't say that, so don't give your hopes up):

20kb2gg.jpg

All we need now is 4K, IPS, 144Hz with g-sync/free sync.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I see ROG + Gsync+IPS+4K, so price>huge is my guess

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Damn, looks good, but things don't look good for my wallet.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But I'd be willing to bet it can do 120-144Hz @ 1440p. 

Doubt it because it's IPS.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

All we need now is 4K, IPS, 144Hz with g-sync/free sync.

Acer managed to do it, except it's only 1440P.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

We'll see since Acer just announced there 144hz IPS.

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

Acer managed to do it, except it's only 1440P.

Not convinced about that 100%. With the IPS limitations, i wonder how they managed that. My guess is that they may have skimped on a few aspects. 

However, that is simply my speculations. If they did manage it somehow, I pray that it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I wish the manafacturers would bring down prices for the next generation of gaming monitors. If they do, they would be selling those monitors big time!

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

Gsync with no 144hz = useless  :(

And since not even tn 4k monitors can hadle 144hz because bandwith is not enough even for DP 1.2

*waits for 4k 144hz gsync for baller cs:go *

Welp, GG Acer

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Not convinced about that 100%. With the IPS limitations, i wonder how they managed that. My guess is that they may have skimped on a few aspects. 

However, that is simply my speculations. If they did manage it somehow, I pray that it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Its a special AHVA pannel i believe . The colors would be between normal IPS  and TN

See for yourself. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283616-acer-announcing-1440p-144hz-gsync-monitor-with-ips/

ACER did it using an AHVA panel, which has been designated in the IPS family for a while now.

Its a special AHVA pannel i believe . The colors would be between normal IPS  and TN

Full IPS color gamut actually.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

ACER did it using an AHVA panel, which has been designated in the IPS family for a while now.

Full IPS color gamut actually.

My bad, never fully went into the details. I'll look forward to this as I may pick one up in the future.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Acer's ips looks as though it probably is not actually IPS and is AHVA instead, I do not know whether there is a difference and if it was 4k 144hz displayport 1.2 would not be able to support it, you would need 1.2a which is not on any graphics cards to my knowledge

We need ROG products like the ROG Swift and this monitor that has a more professional and clean look.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Holy ******* ****** crap.

The "regular" 1440p one was $800--- How much is this one going to go for? Nevermind availability, the last one was like trying to find the Ark of the Covenant. This one'll be the Holy Grail (in a few senses).

Second, how is it going to be 144Hz at 4k? Won't you need 2 DP 1.2 ports? Unless you have a GTX 970/980 you're screwed. Then again if you're buying a monitor like this you probably already have like 3 in your PC :/.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Acer's ips looks as though it probably is not actually IPS and is AHVA instead, I do not know whether there is a difference and if it was 4k 144hz displayport 1.2 would not be able to support it, you would need 1.2a which is not on any graphics cards to my knowledge

AHVA is a variant of IPS, just like AH-IPS or E-IPS or the other countless variations.

Holy ******* ****** crap.

The "regular" 1440p one was $800--- How much is this one going to go for? Nevermind availability, the last one was like trying to find the Ark of the Covenant. This one'll be the Holy Grail (in a few senses).

Second, how is it going to be 144Hz at 4k? Won't you need 2 DP 1.2 ports? Unless you have a GTX 970/980 you're screwed. Then again if you're buying a monitor like this you probably already have like 3 in your PC :/.

It's not 144Hz.

We need ROG products like the ROG Swift and this monitor that has a more professional and clean look.

You're not enthusiast enough. It should be electric blue with sharp, curved spines that make it look like the spawn of Hell that it is! More gaming-branded enthusiast peripherals!!!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

DisplayPort 1.2a is on the R9 290, 290X, and 285, and has the same bandwidth as 1.2. I think you are thinking of DP 1.3.

It's not 144Hz.

That's currently not known to be fair. We assume 60Hz, but we don't know. It could be something wacky like 85.