Tech price increased....Just after you bought it.

Dabombinable

What is something you have bought, online or in store, and had the price increase afterwards?
For example this is the chipset cooler I bought yesterday, with 4 left after my purchase:
post-155575-0-38080600-1420483882.png

And today (glad I paid upfront):
post-155575-0-97974400-1420483907_thumb.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180898851134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

STRIX 970, bought it, then it went out of stock then when it came back, had a price increase

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I bought a HDD for my dad and a week later a accident happened at the factory (in Taiwan I think) so the prices went up like 15 euros

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Usually goes down after I buy it

my experience aswell.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Nothing because things rarely jump in price after release, unless they no longer have the item available.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

STRIX 970, bought it, then it went out of stock then when it came back, had a price increase

Yeah some of the 970s were way cheaper at the beginning

well personally I bought 16GB of DDR3 RAM for $120, now the kit is $180...

stupid fire in a factory caused it

I think that reason is bullshit, that factory only made a small % and the prices went the high, I think some big dogs kept the prices up and took the fire as a reason.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think the entire 970 lineup has people who bought them before prices increased, I'm not one of them however as I had to pay $565 for it, and ordering them in would have increased the price to near the $700 mark.

PMSL

Yeah. I preordered mine and got them as they were released, and then immediately afterwards they were impossible to get hold of and were a lot more expensive.

I got myself a pair of Jabra Revo wireless for just over £100, day after I bought them they shot up to £167.........

My motherboard had a horribly low rating on newegg when it first launched, and I got it for 95 bucks (Asus P8Z77-V LK). The dimensions of the board are weird and the right side can be snapped off if too much weight is applied. otherwise its a solid mobo.

I looked a few months later because I was going to recommend it to a friend, and the price was ~$150 CAD... 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

As some people already said, RAM was the big one. I bought a kit of 4GBx2 for around 40 bucks in 2012. I decided to get a bigger cooler so my high profile RAM wouldn't work, and I look at the price and I'm like....whaaaaa???? 4GBx2 is 80 bucks????

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

WOW! That's some price increase! :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Bought my T5 at $400, went up to $500 the day after.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

WOW! That's some price increase! :o

The jump on RAM price was ridiculous. Like ~50-70%. And they say it was the memory chip factory burning down. They were like the largest manufacturer of chips.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

999$? What the hell

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Nothing, I buy during the sales

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I bought my 2TB HDD for $103 @ Best Buy and when in the store the next week, it was $80... As for price going up, I got the Golden Edition of the GTX 970 and they sold out in 2 weeks. I bought it for $400 on NewEgg and sold it on eBay a few weeks later for $480. 

As for the whole RAM fiasco, I was in Best Buy looking for ram a while ago and was looking at kits. 2x4GB was only $30 while a newer 8GB stick was $60. I asked them why and nobody knew. I found out soon after and wish I had gotten more cheap ram.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

As some people already said, RAM was the big one. I bought a kit of 4GBx2 for around 40 bucks in 2012. I decided to get a bigger cooler so my high profile RAM wouldn't work, and I look at the price and I'm like....whaaaaa???? 4GBx2 is 80 bucks????

Damn, I had to pay $80 for 2x2GB DDR2 (generic) RAM, and it was second hand. I actually had to pay for an antistatic bag too.

999$? What the hell

Ikr? I bought the cooler when 5 were left, 2 more got sold on the original price, then obviously the idiots increased the price thinking people wouldn't notice.

PMSL

-snip-^^^

PMSL