What is the most underwhelming/unimpressive piece of tech you own?

My clickity clackity keyboard, every DS charger I ever had, my old laptop, the school laptop im using and my potato router. there are more give me a minute to think of some

What GTX 770 is it?

It was the Windforce variant, of which I have replaced with a GTX 970 Strix. There's a tiny bit of coil whine, but otherwise nothing.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It was the Windforce variant, of which I have replaced with a GTX 970 Strix. There's a tiny bit of coil whine, but otherwise nothing.

I have two MSI GTX 660 Gaming cards and when the fan speed is above 80% they make a horrible rattling noise so I've had to limit it to 75%

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Sure, my point was that it's better value than the mac mini for 400$ :)

I know :D

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Assassin's Creed III hardcopy for PS3. Was soooo exited about it. But then it turned out to be worth less than the plastic it was made of. What was I thinking?...

Probably my GTX 650ti. REALLY starting to show weakness in ultra 1080p gaming.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

I'd have to say my Define R5, and I'm not too impressed with the noise from my Windforce 760 on the stock fan profile, far too aggressive curve by default but it does a stellar job of cooling.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

€2 lenco earbuds, they were worth the money i paid for it (AKA not much) sound was shit, cables died in a few weeks...

My generic PS/2 12 yo keyboard, which I use after my shiny new one broke. Too lazy to replace it

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

I have a box in my room full of old tech stuff me and my family dont use anymore.

And in there is an i-pen! lol. I never used it its not even unboxed but guess what, you can write handwritten email with it!  And make ultra accurate hand drawings in Paint! Dayum!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't know if I really have one, not to sound posh or anything.   I could say my cooler because I really like it, but it's so massive and covers up half my motherboard.  I've been thinking about picking up an h220 to replace it so that I can actually see my build lol.

I would be careful because you need to make sure the H220 is compatible with your case.

I would be careful because you need to make sure the H220 is compatible with your case.

It's already in the system, and I have an Air 540, it's compatible with anything basically.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's already in the system, and I have an Air 540, it's compatible with anything basically.

Ahh okay, then you're basically good

my monitors are 16:10 tn 24" monitors there ok, but the colours are off when you move your head at all

Its all about those volumetric clouds

tied here. kindle fire and Motorola maxx HD. the kindle is a GREAT tablet. i LOVE it, its the amazon android thing that is killing me.. no real youtube app? :/ come on.. as far as the maxx hd its SO SLOW. my droid 2 is as fast. 

Definitely the GTX 970 now. As well as the GTX 960.

Edited by Shahnewaz

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

My 3 monitors, should have gone with 2 better ones. It costed me a thousand dollars and they are TN panels leaking backlight.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

has to be Asus TF201 tablet, £479 i paid for it.  its now only useful as a paperweight, so unbearably slow, back camera doesn't work SD card slot broke  

had the camera replaced under warranty and 3 months later(now out of warranty)  same thing happened again. 

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I listen to music for hours on end with $30 headphones.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

You own both a 970 and a 960? Your profile says you don't even have a desktop. And if you did, why would you have both GPUs? Learning comprehension, take heed to what the title of this thread is instead of blatantly shitposting.

On topic, the most useless piece of tech that I actually OWN...

Would have to be my 2.5GHz Intel Pentium E5200. Largely because it doesn't reside in any system anymore and mainly because its physically broken with two pieces of plastic/metal/whatever missing from the back. 

So, looking to stir up some conversation, what is the most underwhelming or unimpressive piece of tech that you own? Not the worst, not the shittiest. I'm not looking for something that should not have left the factory floor (ie: low quality PSU, etc.), but I am looking for stuff that maybe wasn't worth the amount of money spent on it.

For me, it would have to be my dad's MacBook Air. It's the current-gen 11" model. Why do I look at it as unimpressive? Because for nearly $1000, it has a poor TN panel, 1440x900 resolution, lifeless speakers, underwhelming hardware specifications, a focus on the design rather than the feature set (no HDMI and crap speakers) and non-upgradeable or proprietary hardware (soldered down CPU, soldered down RAM, proprietary Apple SSD). I could also make a case for the GTX 770 (especially my own). It has prominent fan rattle and noise at full load, the card coil whines like a pig, it cost me $400 USD at the time, it is starting to show it's weakness in 1080p Ultra gaming and I can't stand the fact that my card is such a poor overclocker.

How about you guys and gals?

Logitech k120 keyboard

Nothing to see here, move along

How the holy fuck is a 970 underwhelming? If your response isn't "I play games with 3 4K monitors" or something close to that, I will slap you.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!