Xbox One SDK has been leaked

TwistedDictator

H4LT has succeeded to leak the official Xbox One developer SDK which could lead to homebrew applications also giving unapproved developers the ability to create unofficial software for the system.

This could lead to Xbox modification or even help work on an  xbox one  emulator.

Source

Cant wait for a modded xbox! Also now they can start working on a emu (this does not mean it would happern but it would help)

xboxsdk.jpg

As this is x86 it WONT require 8x times the power of a xbox one to emulate (or even more).

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

That's very nice to hear! (although it sucks for Microsoft..) 

Can they make the SDK different in the Xbox One so this leaked SDK is outdated or something..?

Just wondering what they will/could do against this?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Fuck.

Well, I enjoyed playing non-hacked games

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

That's very nice to hear! (although it sucks for Microsoft..) 

Can they make the SDK different in the Xbox One so this leaked SDK is outdated or something..?

Just wondering what they will/could do against this?

They can if they want to for example if you want to play online with a modded xbox its easy to get caught and banned (you got to update the mod often). Secondly they can change parts of the SDK just with a update.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

This is irrelevant, won't lead to anything.

The consoles security remains intact and there's no security related code in the XDK, MS have to sign XBEs when they're submitted for verification in order for the console to launch them.

It means people can write apps which would work but since MS will never sign apps created with leaked SDKs they will never work until someone breaks the security.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

HELL YEAH!!!

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

This is irrelevant, won't lead to anything.

The consoles security remains intact and there's no security related code in the XDK, MS have to sign XBEs when they're submitted for verification in order for the console to launch them.

It means people can write apos which would work but since MS will never sign apps created with leaked SDKs they will never work until someone breaks the security.

I hate it when people chat nonsense when they dont know nothing about it. You think they cant crack it? Because apps wont be signed does it matter? Atleast this could lead to a modded xbox lol

Slick:

Fuck.

Well, I enjoyed playing non-hacked games

If a hack comes out for a popular game, Microsoft can easily just push out an update and it'll be irrelevant 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Is this the kind of thing that could theoretically lead to "homebrewed" Xbox Ones which can work with pirated games? Similar in many ways I guess to chipping an XO?

If a hack comes out for a popular game, Microsoft can easily just push out an update and it'll be irrelevant 

microsoft is quite good with banning people over anything so I wouldnt be worrying about that anyways 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Then the modders push out a update then the xbone update become irrelevant. Its basicly last man with the update wins lol

Slick:

I hate it when people chat nonsense when they dont know nothing about it. You think they cant crack it? Because apps wont be signed does it matter? Atleast this could lead to a modded xbox lol

Please explain how then?

You think MS are gonna have any security related code in a software suite which they're sending out into the wild? You think they allow content creators to sign their own code? You think they spent millions on R&D for security to have it breached by a leak of XDK? If you do then your so niece its just funny.

Come on, give us some plausible scenarios where this leak could help lead to a security breach on the Xbone.

Edit

I didn't say its unbreakable, just that this leak won't help break it.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

microsoft is quite good with banning people over anything so I wouldnt be worrying about that anyways 

Well if I would go modding xbox path, I wouldn't use xbox Live.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Then the modders push out a update then the xbone update become irrelevant. Its basicly last man with the update wins lol

no not really. Modders basically have no documentation of the low level hardware. When I used to flash my 360's dvd drive and play games without actually paying for them microsoft released a hidden update where it silently checked for fw changes and banned users. In the end microsoft will win unless user runs the xbox offline (if its even possible.) and MS also can force users to update their kernel in order for a game to run like they did on 360.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

no not really. Modders basically have no documentation of the low level hardware. When I used to flash my 360's dvd drive and play games without actually paying for them microsoft released a hidden update where it silently checked for fw changes and banned users. In the end microsoft will win unless user runs the xbox offline (if its even possible.) and MS also can force users to update their kernel in order for a game to run like they did on 360.

That was I said. "Then the modders push out a update then the xbone update become irrelevant. Its basicly last man with the update wins lol"

I dont know about the Xbox 360 but this was not a issue for the PS3. As long you was updated with the mods from the modded ps3 you was fine.

Slick:

That was I said. "Then the modders push out a update then the xbone update become irrelevant. Its basicly last man with the update wins lol"

no i am saying that microsoft will be the one who always win until they actually drop support for the device in end THEY FUCKING DESIGNED IT

Please explain how then?

You think MS are gonna have any security related code in a software suite which they're sending out into the wild? You think they allow content creators to sign their own code? You think they spent millions on R&D for security to have it breached by a leak of XDK? If you do then your so niece its just funny.

Come on, give us some plausible scenarios where this leak could help lead to a security breach on the Xbone.

Edit

I didn't say its unbreakable, just that this leak won't help break it.

You previous post said "This is irrelevant, won't lead to anything." This is where is starts. I know they wont get it signed but thats not the only thing the SDK can do.

no i am saying that microsoft will be the one who always win until they actually drop support for the device in end THEY FUCKING DESIGNED IT

This is the last post I make and then you guys could belive what you want. Here is an examplem, when a game dev makes a game and it gets cracked, they release an update and it gets cracked again even though they designed it.

Slick:

Let's be clear, the XDK is simply a set of pre defined code snippets to show devs how to interact with the system hardware properly and how to create routines which the xbox is able to run. Its like .net framework for the Xbox one.

It has no hardware specs, no low level code, no ui code, no security code absolutely nothing other than what devs need to make applications and it certainly won't let modders push out updates for anything.

You previous post said "This is irrelevant, won't lead to anything." This is where is starts. I know they wont get it signed but thats not the only thing the SDK can do.

This is the last post I make and then you guys could belive what you want. Here is an examplem, when a game dev makes a game and it gets cracked, they release an update and it gets cracked again even though they designed it.

Wow your understanding of what this does is mind blowing, what's the point of having the tools to write code if your never gonna be able to execute it? You can't see it running so you don't even know if it works let alone push out updates for homebrew code. As long as the security remains intact this is pointless for anything other than reading the code snippets.

Crackers on PCs are actually able to execute the code they write, Xbox hackers cannot run the code until the security is broken.

Well, ignoring the raging argument above, I would really hope this brings emus (lol) to pc soon so I don't have to get a console just to play halo/destiny

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Well, ignoring the raging argument above, I would really hope this brings emus (lol) to pc soon so I don't have to get a console just to play halo/destiny

That's the one thing this could offer at least a tiny bit of help too. That said though the general rule is the machine running the emulator needs at least 10x the power of the machine being emulated for a smooth experience so not for a long time yet.

Why is the idea of people making their own applications and games and what not so scary to microsoft? people do it for PC and the universe doesn't implode, in fact on that system alone, before xbox, microsoft still became the largest corporation in the world (or at least the most profitable) for a little while.

That's the one thing this could offer at least a tiny bit of help too. That said though the general rule is the machine running the emulator needs at least 10x the power of the machine being emulated for a smooth experience so not for a long time yet.

That's not really that hard to do considering that the machine being emulated is 5 years behind in the hardware realm.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Destiny is 100% online and is backed up by Bungie's servers. It cannot be played offline.

Good luck playing it emulated

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

As this is x86 it WONT require 8x times the power of a xbox one to emulate (or even more).

If this logic would apply, we'd already have a properly working orig. Xbox emulator. I'm fine with Xbone emulators as long as this doesn't lead to modified consoles and therefore cheating in online games.

144Hz goodness

If this logic would apply, we'd already have a properly working orig. Xbox emulator. I'm fine with Xbone emulators as long as this doesn't lead to modified consoles and therefore cheating in online games.

The xbox wasnt x86. Only the recent consoles are x86 (xbox one and the PS4)

Slick: