where the 60% of the world that don’t have the Internet live - Guess who's on top [Spoiler:India]

I never people on the youtube alwyas constantly talking about how the internet is slow in USA/Canada either buy Logan or Linis or even paul and 100 other youtubers , but i always keep saying , it's 100 times worse in India , with the Govt. having it's own company for Broadband with copper lines and 1 mbps is the max speed they offer and the only other major company is an telephone company playing monopoly (Airtel India Breaking Net Neutrality, Charging Extra for VoIP (Skype, Viber)) and having ridiculous charges and only provide 80 GB max on any of the plans with the highest speed being 60 Mbps in cities but only having 512 kbps Upload speed , the situation in India is worse than the damn Aussies  

The world isn’t as connected as you might think.

While it often seems like the whole world is connected these days, the reality is that around 60 percent of the world still doesn’t have access to the Internet.

Three quarters of the world’s offline population live in just 20 countries - including India, Russia, Nigeria, Brazil and, surprisingly, the US, where one in five Americans don’t have the Internet.

But things are changing quickly. Current uptake trends suggest that by 2017 nearly one billion more people will be online, with many of those in India. And both Facebook and Google now have innovative projects in the pipelines to help beam wi-fi to the whole world. Facebook intends to do this with giant solar drones, while Google wants to use balloons to beam its Internet.

With Internet access now being a key indicator of someone’s economic prospects, both of these ambitious projects are important to help bring the majority of the world into the future and provide them with equal opportunities.

Even more excitingly, an US Internet provider just rolled out the fastest Internet in the world - capable of downloading a feature film in one second - in a US suburb. Hopefully this will help increase competition and speeds around the rest of the world too.

But in the meantime, it’s fascinating to think about the billions of people out there who don’t have access to information (and procrastination) at the click of a button.

tumblr_ncuy72Uwuh1rasnq9o1_1280.png

The best plans that was available to me 

bwsqlsP.jpg  LuzBYFk.jpg

Source : http://www.sciencealert.com/this-is-where-the-60-of-the-world-that-don-t-have-the-internet-live

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

the thing is usa is more than capable of having internet, india is poor.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So are you implying Indians don't deserve any better ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

That is not bad at all if you ask me...

C++,Assembly,Reverse Engineering,Penetration testing,Malware analysis

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

So are you implying Indians don't deserve any better ?

No I am implying that it is not surprising that india has no internet, but it is surprising how bad it sucks in the us.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That is not bad at all if you ask me...

but you don't know the value of Indian Currency , a 1000 rupees is a lot here .

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

No I am implying that it is not surprising that india has no internet, but it is surprising how bad it sucks in the us.

i hear you , but you guyz are taking things for granted, i understand most of India don't has internet, doesn't mean it's ok that other parts of India where Internet exists is 100 times worse than USA's internet speeds 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Isn't India getting google fibre?

we just switched to Digital Set top from cable while USA is moving away from set top boxes , it will take an other 10 years for use to have Google fiber if they even start in India 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

The thing is in the U.S. we already have the infastructure but the ISPs want to hold the internet back to make more money just because.

but you don't know the value of Indian Currency , a 1000 rupees is a lot here .

Taking in consideration that the majority of the world has internet,its not bad at all.I don't really think that there are 1000 mil ppl without internet at India,considering that the last time I checked there was a seminar for reverse engineering there.And I heard that it was a big hit...Lets say that most of the ppl at India don't have internet,you know why?Because NSA doesn't care about them...Maybe google fiber will help them(One day)

EDIT-

The NSA joke was a joke btw...

2nd Edit-

Price goes down if there is demand.But you can't ask for that money in a country were people make much less than that.I believe that the prices must be relevant with the monthly money someone makes.Also I believe that internet service should be free of charge

Do you have a question?Are you interested in programming?Do you like solving complex problems?Hit me up with a pm.

africa is very well conncted'

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

africa just does not have a billion people in one place.

Spoiler

NWO (my version) ... Everyone would have decent internet and there would be no price on it. Commerce would be eliminated. Happy New Year's 2015 people! 

Now back to how things are now ...

The world is ****!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Oh and by the way nice thread...You did some research and you cared for people that don't have internet.

Move to a different country? :P

One of the most ignorant comments I've read in a long time on this forum.

I severely suggest you brush up on your economical facts.

Since I am very bad at jokes, I hope you are joking.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

One of the most ignorant comments I've read in a long time on this forum.

I severely suggest you brush up on your economical facts.

Since I am very bad at jokes, I hope you are joking.

Are you saying that people in India have equal purchasing power to US?

Spoiler

Are you saying that people in India have equal purchasing power to US?

If people in US are always fighting for "Internet should be considered a basic human right" , do you think US deserves Basic rights more than the rest of the world just because you are rich ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Connected yes, very well connected, hardly, in South Africa at least.

If people in US are always fighting for "Internet should be considered a basic human right" , do you think US deserves Basic rights more than the rest of the world just because you are rich ? 

have i said anything like that. india is developing very fast and internet can be considered a human right in a way that it should not be monitored and censored and anyone should be able to use it. the thing is you still have to buy the internet from someone and the price of electronics is the same or higher in india than it is in us that is were the money comes in, more money more progress.

Spoiler

africa just does not have a billion people in one place.

To me it sounds like India needs more birth control before they start building up the internet. 

Yes. In America, the internet should be a basic right. We can't control the rest of the world (no matter how hard our government tries). 

Yes. In America, the internet should be a basic right. We can't control the rest of the world (no matter how hard our government tries). 

now replace Internet with Food or Water, and see how stupid that sounds when you say US deserves it more than the rest of the world , don't be offended, just sayin 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker