The Talos Principle traps pirates in an elevator

XTankSlayerX

talos.jpg

Claustrophobic pirates, beware: Anyone who illegally downloads The Talos Principle will be trapped in an elevator early in the game, with no way to progress. Developer Croteam and publisher Devolver Digital tweeted links to a NeoGAF thread featuring a screencap of a post titled "Elevator doesn't work!" on The Talos Principle's Steam forum.

The first response to the thread reads, "Congratulations you must be the first one to show to the internet world what Croteam did this time to punish pirates :) You should be proud of yourself, it will be all over the internet in about 30 minutes I'd say."

Source: http://t.joystiq.com/all/2014-12-29-the-talos-principle-traps-pirates-in-an-elevator#1

Yo dawgs, heard yall liked pirates getting their asses handed to them.

As long as this is a decent way into the game then I'm fine with it. When you're 12 and don't have much money it makes a little sense to demo a game with a higher price tag.

I like how Devs are adding these to catch pirates, eventually they will make it so hard people will find other means

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I love these little tricks to catch and embarrass whiny pirates, who will complain even when getting the game for absolutely free. Tricks like these will definitely make some peoplebuy the game, who otherwise might have pirated it.

I swear devs are just doing this for marketing now. It gets the redditors talking. It feels ingenuous.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Just wait until the pirates find a way around it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Argh! Me matey's, we seem to be stuck in an elevator. How ye suppose we get out? :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I love this crap! So much better than DRM at earning peoples respect enough to buy the game

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

its so sad to force people to be honest. It really is. scum is scum. thats all their is to it. purchase your goods! simple!

not everyone has money, not that simple. If you're young enough to not have a job and don't have great income then i feel its slightly more okay to do it. If you're 30 and have money and still pirate then your just a bum.

not everyone has money, not that simple. If you're young enough to not have a job and don't have great income then i feel its slightly more okay to do it. If you're 30 and have money and still pirate then your just a bum.

I kind of agree.  When I was a teen I pirated games all the time because there was no other way for me to play them outside of gifts.  Even if I had money, online transactions were another beast. (had to use Paypal which was a total pain in the ass.)  It wasn't until I had a credit card that this sort of thing wasn't a huge headache.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

As mentioned in the neogaf link their best one was the Serious Sam 3 DRM they had lol

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

This comes to mind:

The irony is strong in this one

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Wrong "your" used. It should be "you're". ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

GGWP Croteam.

fc54c7800a.jpg

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Argh! Me matey's, we seem to be stuck in an elevator. How ye suppose we get out? :D

Seeing the title having no idea what the Talos Principle is, my mind went immediately to some bizarre math paradox which trapped some pirates in an elevator.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

no, just no,  ill walk into a diner tomorrow and order a steak and not pay for it, then tell the waitress its okay, im young and dont have a job, its okay that i do this.

stealing justified! because im entitled everything yaaaay. 

no, just no, ill walk into a diner tomorrow and order a steak and not pay for it, then tell the waitress its okay, im young and dont have a job, its okay that i do this.

stealing justified! because im entitled everything yaaaay.

If you go in and ask for a sample they'll likely give it to you. Games generally have bad demos or none at all. Same goes for software. As long as you buy the game is you like it or delete it after not liking it and not going too far into the game. I mean if you buy it then the developer gets their money. And if you don't like it and delete it they aren't getting your money anyway. Games and software don't have good return policies and usually if you buy it you're stuck with it.

It's not a good solution no, but it gets the job done better than going through the legal routes. Sure, there are people that won't ever pay for stuff they pirate. But there isn't much you can do about that.

just use a different save state to skip the level :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

"this will surely stop a great number of people from pirating, or at the very least think twice"

- said no one ever.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

As long as this is a decent way into the game then I'm fine with it. When you're 12 and don't have much money it makes a little sense to demo a game with a higher price tag.

Funny thing is, The Talos Principle has a Public Test available which contains 4 levels where you van test the concept and see if it runs on your system. So your argument there is invalid. (check it out here > http://store.steampowered.com/app/330710/)

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.