Is it bad I wish I got an FX 8320? :O

Go to solution Solved by faziten,

No, it's not. It's the case with 4690K vs. 5960X. Not the case with 8320 vs 4690K. 8 weak cores don't beat 4 strong ones. That TekSyndicate video, again, is horrible.

The tek syndicate video, shows a very specific scenario. Xplit + gaming. In this case FX has a huge edge over a 3570K.

Also 8 weak cores CAN and do beat 4 strong cores (this is a very general claim). ie: 7zip performance is a LOT better in FX than on any intel quadcore not hyperthreaded cpu at any given clockspeed. 

Is this enough to say fx is canonically better? ofc not! would anyone recommend a fx over an sandy/ivy/haswell i5 (performance wise) Hell no! It's just a particular scenario were things turn arround. 

I'm sure you're totally unbiased. Or was that sarcasm so he'd be quiet?

Also, lol GTX980 + 8350.

970*

I was originally going to go for a 750 ti and I think in that case I would of preferred an FX but otherwise, I am not satisified with my i5.

The point of the matter is if you don't like a thread, don't post.

This wasn't meant to turn in to an AMD vs Intel but it has to contain fanboys.

I just wanted to know my answer and I think I should end this thread because of the hate I am getting for nothing.

No. People are free to voice their opinions, if they think the whole thread is troll bait, they are free to say so.

Doesn't matter if you meant to do it. Threads like this always draw all the trolls and fanboys out of their caves. That's why you shouldn't start these unnecessarily.

Right. And it's not for nothing. It's for giving the trolls and fanboys another platform.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

@Majestic Lol at you loling at 980+8350

Any sane person would. Your denial isn't making your 8350 any less of a bottleneck to that 980. Processors aren't powered by faith or willpower.

970*

Was talking about XCalinX

@Majestic Ive seen someone with FOUR 7970s and a 1100T and no bottleneck.

No FX 8300 or i5 newer than Sandy Bridge will bottleneck any GPU not even 2 295x2s or 4 980s.

Nope, you talk but show nothing with it, class act of someone who has no knowledge.

You're right I have no knowledge. Just know how to thread software better than anyone you know. lmao.gif

No FX 8300 or i5 newer than Sandy Bridge will bottleneck any GPU not even 2 295x2s or 4 980s.

And i've seen jezus on a grilled-cheese sandwhich. 

Read my sig, it heavily bottlenecks a 970 even, at 4.7ghz. 

Offence taken, how about you just leave? Fed up with people like you.

even if you didnt start this topic for a war you MUST know this is a controversial topic.. and would start arguments... 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I'm convinced you don't know what a bottleneck is, because I've had my GTX 780 paired with an FX-8350 and i7-4790k, and my 780 has gotten better averages and lows on my i7.

If the 8350 "doesn't bottleneck," then why does upgrading to an i7 create a better gaming experience?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm convinced you don't know what a bottleneck is, because I've had my GTX 780 paired with an FX-8350 and i7-4790k, and my 780 has gotten better averages and lows on my i7.

If the 8350 "doesn't bottleneck," then why does upgrading to an i7 create a better gaming experience?

I bet it only increased 2-3FPS, 5-6 at best

Because there is gonna be a difference between CPUs in gaming, in gaming the i5 beats the 8320 because games only use 4 cores and its got better IPC than the 8320, but the 8320 is the better CPU when it comes to rendering  and other stuff that uses 8+ threads (compared to the i5)

I bet it only increased 2-3FPS, 5-6 at best

In Skyrim, it went up pretty significantly, from 10-20 to 30-60 in CPU intensive areas. It was a very noticeable upgrade and alone is enough to sell me on Intel.

Skyrim is thye only CPU intensive game I know

Metro: 2033 and Team Fortress 2 no longer get random FPS dips since I've upgraded. While my averages in those two games are very similar, dead like essentially, my i7 is getting much better lows that brings a more consistent gaming experience. In Metro specifically, my 8350 would have an FPS dip about every 30 seconds or so, my i7 doesn't.

TinyTomLogan did a review on Crossfire R9 295x2's. In his testing a 3960X @ 4.6GHz bottlenecks Crossfire R9 295x2's in 3D Mark Vantage.

Metro: 2033 and Team Fortress 2 no longer get random FPS dips since I've upgraded. While my averages in those two games are very similar, dead like essentially, my i7 is getting much better lows that brings a more consistent gaming experience. In Metro specifically, my 8350 would have an FPS dip about every 30 seconds or so, my i7 doesn't.

In Metro: 2033 Redux benchmark (yes benchmark) highest CPU usage I've seen, 

640b9ysl.jpg

Loading the singleplayer, just bottlenecks at 10-30% usage and all those extra threads I have to offer just mean nothing anymore - should explain why your minimums are better. Now we have some games that could keep a quad core at 100% usage all the time, we're far away from having a 6 or 8 core at 100% usage so I'm not seeing the point of those 8balldozers. 

Then Intel CPU's would be useless.

@Suika TF2? My old E8400 can run that easily lol...

@Opcode 3DMark? What? Overall score? I haven't watched his video but the GPU tests can't be slowed down by the CPU as long as that CPU is capable to idk, play a 2005 game?

@Suika TF2? My old E8400 can run that easily lol...

@Opcode 3DMark? What? Overall score? I haven't watched his video but the GPU tests can't be slowed down by the CPU as long as that CPU is capable to idk, play a 2005 game?

If the CPU isn't fast enough to queue batches to accommodate GPU performance you end up at a performance wall. Most people just call it a "bottleneck".

Just like your old E8400 would never be able to push a R9 290X even if it was on liquid nitrogen.

I'm working on proving the bottleneck theory, currently my core 2 gets 99% GPU usage with my gtx 650 ti on PCIe x16 version1.1.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I really don't want any hate. I never realised how many videos I would be rendering or how much I would be live streaming but I am starting to wish I got an FX 8320 and overclocked it.

Pros if I got an FX:

Rendering would be faster

Livestreaming would be better

Cons:

Less upgradability

Will update as I go along

Geez, people accusing you of starting a flamewar? You asked a simple question... Whatever, TL;DR the whole thread. Hope these self-righteous assholes get off their high horses and stop blaming this on you.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Any Bohemia interactive game (arms, day), planet side 2, minecraft, 64 player battlefield 4 (not as much as others but still).

There is a lot of games where the FX 8350 will be bottlenecked with high end cards.

The two vest ways to eliminate bottlenecks is by settings graphics settings as high as possible and resolution such as seen I'm linuses new video where he paired an FX 6300 with an r9 285 for a 4k build.

So crank res/AA till we are at sub 60FPS to stop a CPU bottleneck? O.0

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

So crank res/AA till we are at sub 60FPS to stop a CPU bottleneck? O.0

That's why an Intel would be better suited. So you DONT have to do that.

It makes more sense for like 3 way sli where you are expecting 120+ fps on ultra at 1440p+ resolutions.

I really don't want any hate. I never realised how many videos I would be rendering or how much I would be live streaming but I am starting to wish I got an FX 8320 and overclocked it.

Pros if I got an FX:

Rendering would be faster

Livestreaming would be better

Cons:

Less upgradability

Will update as I go along

Wont be a lot faster in both though, Livestreaming shouldnt be a problem with the 4670k

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG