Is it bad I wish I got an FX 8320? :O

Go to solution Solved by faziten,

No, it's not. It's the case with 4690K vs. 5960X. Not the case with 8320 vs 4690K. 8 weak cores don't beat 4 strong ones. That TekSyndicate video, again, is horrible.

The tek syndicate video, shows a very specific scenario. Xplit + gaming. In this case FX has a huge edge over a 3570K.

Also 8 weak cores CAN and do beat 4 strong cores (this is a very general claim). ie: 7zip performance is a LOT better in FX than on any intel quadcore not hyperthreaded cpu at any given clockspeed. 

Is this enough to say fx is canonically better? ofc not! would anyone recommend a fx over an sandy/ivy/haswell i5 (performance wise) Hell no! It's just a particular scenario were things turn arround. 

I really don't want any hate. I never realised how many videos I would be rendering or how much I would be live streaming but I am starting to wish I got an FX 8320 and overclocked it.

Pros if I got an FX:

Rendering would be faster

Livestreaming would be better

Cons:

Less upgradability

Will update as I go along

I got my wife a 8320

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If you're talking about that rig in your sig, i wouldn not bother changing.

Edit: if you want to upgrade, don't consider a platform change but rather an upgrade to a i7 4790K if its compatible or a 4770K.

who cares...

If you're talking about that rig in your sig, i wouldn not bother changing.

I never said I was changing...

I said I was kind of ashamed of my i5.

Why? just overclock!

HAHAHA I don't use Adobe. I use Sony Vegas.

Also I have overclocked if you look at my signature. I still feel like it renders like ass.

Yes, it is. You need a brainwash.

Visit your local brainwasher.

Intel ftw

Intel for gaming 100%

AMD for multitasking 100%

It wouldn't have been much better at any of those compared to your 4670K.

It only has an extra FOUR THREAD.

HAHAHA I don't use Adobe. I use Sony Vegas.

Also I have overclocked if you look at my signature. I still feel like it renders like ass.

If you want performance go with the 2011-3 lga intel 6/8 cores 12/16hyperthreated cores. That helps, not an 8150...

Intel for gaming 100%

AMD for multitasking 100%

Again with the doctrine, not it isn't. Stop repeating this aging line. It's like saying AMD drivers are bad or Nvidia overheats all the time. 

You can't just keep repeating the same arguments for years without checking if it's still relevant.

On 4 cores, Haswell CPU's do more than AMD does on "8". And they have a higher overclockability.

You say you don't want shit in your topic, but your actions speak otherwise. You want this to turn into  a shitfest.

Again with the doctrine, not it isn't. Stop repeating this aging line. It's like saying AMD drivers are bad or Nvidia overheats all the time.

You can't just keep spewing the same lines without checking if it's still relevant.

On 4 cores, Haswell CPU's do more than AMD does on "8".

You say you don't want shit in your topic, but your actions speak otherwise. You want this to turn into a shitfest.

It is FACT that more cores/threads improve multitasking capabilities.

It will make livestreaming while gaming a lot easier.

If you want performance go with the 2011-3 lga intel 6/8 cores 12/16hyperthreated cores. That helps, not an 8150...

You mean if I don't want my kids to have a life? Also i'm 16 :)

You would bottleneck that 970 if you went with an FX.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yes that's why a 6100 (six core) > 4690k (four core) for multitasking right?

Now I see that you're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of us.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

/thread

OP is clearly asking for a flamewar. Don't enable him.

ALso, yay 1000 posts!

Nope. Please leave if you are going to be like this, I am looking for pros and cons of both processors and if I made the right choice.

what?

are

you

taking?

-

If you want more performance go with any newer (haswell+) i7 if you don´t got the money for x99 and ddr4.

Yes that's why a 6100 (six core) > 4690k (four core) for multitasking right?

Now I see that you're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of us.

I'm not trolling?

You would bottleneck that 970 if you went with an i5.

Really? I never noticed any? Did you mean the FX 8320/8350?

what?

are

you

taking?

-

If you want more performance go with any newer (haswell+) i7 if you don´t got the money for x99 and ddr4.

Haha, I mean't I can't afford x99 and an i7 extreme and DDR4. They ain't cheap :(

you have a 970; Use CUDA. which sony vegas is it? 

You would bottleneck that 970 if you went with an i5.

I think you mean the other way around.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Haha, I mean't I can't afford x99 and an i7 extreme and DDR4. They ain't cheap :(

Just take the normal i7 ._.´ (haswell/haswell refresh) 4cores/4hyperthreaded cores.

No need for a "Z" mainboard and "k" edition cpu.

you have a 970; Use CUDA. which sony vegas is it?

I think you mean the other way around.

Sony Vegas Pro 13. I already tried but it doesn't change the speeds for me.

Just take the normal i7 ._.´ (haswell/haswell refresh) 4cores/4hyperthreaded cores.

No need for a "Z" mainboard and "k" edition cpu.

Also can't afford them.

Really? I never noticed any? Did you mean the FX 8320/8350?

@Deletive

Right right, my mistake.  If you went with an FX8 you would have bottlenecked a 970. I changed it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Right right, my mistake.  If you went with an FX8 you would have bottlenecked a 970.

That's what I was worried about but I was thinking if I overclocked it to 4.4ghz or 4.6ghz it would of lessened it.

Did you mean the FX 8320/8350?

I'm sure he did.

Your "more cores is better for multitasking" is still moot when comparing Haswell to Vishera. If you were to say "i wish i went with a 5930K, for better rendering/multitasking" i would've agreed with you. However, with this comparisson, you're comparing 8 weak cores to 4 powerful ones. It really makes no difference in multitasking. It can only hurt you if the application isn't properly multithreaded.

And the snearing at people's remarks still smells like bait to me. If you aren't trolling, you're just really bad at arguing.

That's what I was worried about but I was thinking if I overclocked it to 4.4ghz or 4.6ghz it would of lessened it.

Even an FX8 overclocked to 4.8Ghz shows a sizeable bottleneck on this tier of card.

DUDE IT´S OK.

You can´t afford anything. Just take the 8150 and be happy.

.____. 

I'm sure he did.

Your "more cores is better for multitasking" is still moot when comparing Haswell to Vishera. If you were to say "i wish i went with a 5930K, for better rendering/multitasking" i would've agreed with you. However, with this comparisson, you're comparing 8 weak cores to 4 powerful ones. It really makes no difference in multitasking. It can only hurt you if the application isn't properly multithreaded.

And the snearing at people's remarks still smells like bait to me. If you aren't trolling, you're just really bad at arguing.

I just don't appreciate being blatantly accused of trolling. I don't do trolling. Also, I can't afford 2011-3 sockets!

DUDE IT´S OK.

You can´t afford anything. Just take the 8150 and be happy.

.____.

I don't appreciate what you're saying. Quite offensive to be honest.

I already have my computer built, clearly didn't read the thread correctly.