Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

I have been thinking about making a mineral oil PC for years, ever since i saw puget's youtube video. Shame about the patent trolls. If I win I'll have to think of a clever theme for this awesome custom build. My favorite thing about a mineral oil PC is no dust on the components, and instead of hiding my PC under a desk, it will be front and center and part of the decor  :) .

Honestly I would love to get this kit! Sucks that Puget is getting patent trolled.. 

Im looking to build my first custom PC and just think that a mineral oil cooled computer would be cool instead of a standard case!

I'll enter. Preferably Micro-ATX though, but Mini-ITX is fine. Either way it would be a AMD FM2+ build. Now only if G34 was on mATX :P Now that I think about it, mITX might be better :P I SUCK AT CHOOSING

Micro-ATX Build (that would go in case)

AMD A10-7850K APU

MSI A88XM Gaming FM2/FM2+ Motherboard

SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC R9 290X 4GB GPU (Probably going to be in a two-way Crossfire if I don't get a RAID card and they fit in the case)

AMD Radeon Gamer Series 16GB 2133MHz Dual Channel RAM (or Corsair 2133MHz Dual Channel Vengeance Pro's)

AMD Radeon SSD 240GB SATA III (Probably going to get 2, and put them in RAID-0)

Corsair HX1000i (or RM1000) PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mini-ITX Build (again, that would go in case)

AMD A10-7850K APU

ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ FM2+ / FM2 Mini ITX Motherboard -OR- GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI FM2+ / FM2 Mini ITX Motherboard (Having a hard time deciding :P)

SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC R9 290X 4GB GPU (or ASUS R9 290X) GPU

Everything else is pretty much the same as Micro-ATX

Oh yeah, don't forget the radiators. Though, I'd probably go with two 240mm's or one 480mm with SP-120's. As for the CPU cooler, maybe that Zalman fanless cooler... or something else that's a heat sink :P

EDIT:

Of course I can get the oil

and also, lol, trolls. They just mad they didn't get to do it themselves C:

But first, let's talk about parallel universes.

Spoiler

Intel i7-4790k undervolt, NVidia EVGA GTX 980Ti SC Reference, NVidia EVGA GTX 480 SC Reference, ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1, SK Hynix SL308 240GB, WD Green 2TB, Hynix 1333 8GB (4x2), XFX Core Pro 850w, NH-U12S, 4x NF-F12's, Sennheiser HD 558's, Blue Yeti, Corsair K70 (red), Logitech MX Master, XBox One Controller, ASUS VG248QE 144Hz, HP 2010i

Damn, Puget doesn't deserve this. Especially in a suit by a former competitor in the mineral kit world. Makes me wish I could buy some of their sweet custom PCs to show my support. We all need to thank Puget for all that they have done over the years and how they support custom system builders

Patent trolling. What is this, Call of Duty multiplayer?

And ive been trying to do an oil build myself, for a few months now, but i could not find a tank that was the right size and dimensions for what i wanted to do. I already have the oil i need, the entire system, and the tank that I used in the first attempt (unfortunately it leaked and was just generally too small, getting that tank would be a godsend.

post-99806-0-43721300-1418597435_thumb.j

Sorry to hear about the patent trolls; the case is a really cool concept and I would love to have one, Micro-ATX preferably. Thanks and best of luck to Puget!

Sincerely,

RobotAD

Sweet giveaway! I would totally do an all out mini ITX build with one of their cases if I won!

Puget has been around for ever and it sucks to see such a quality product no longer available for the masses - would be nice if the two could come to an agreement instead of the customer being without option... well other than this giveaway :D

Consider this my entry and either size is fine, I've already got ITX parts laying around and home depot is right down the street so I'll have to hop over there and buy some oil.

Thanks for doing the giveaway, long time fan of LTT and recent official member because it's hard to come out of my youtube hobbit hole.

Id love to do a mineral oil build! As I watched all parts of the build I started to wonder how cool it would be to have a computer like that.  After doing some research and figuring out how much money I would have to put into a system like that I felt a little let down.  I love computers and tech and im always eager to try new things.  I felt very inspired by the whole room liquid cooling project, and watching mod 24 with you guys.  I havnt done much moding on any of my rigs (I have 3) but I have done some simple custom painting on some of them.  Im sad to hear about the company not being able to sell their cases anymore.  I think patent trolling really ruins lots of small businesses, and its really unfortunate and just plane wrong.  Although, id love to win a case preferably mini ITX, as it will be smaller, lighter and I will be able to use less oil, and ideally save money on a motherboard going into the machine.

If I do happen to win (not getting my hopes up much) I promise to log my entire building experience and share it.  From the components I order for the build to pooring in the oil. Im only 19, and im attending community college, working part time and living at home.  I do have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Great video, good luck to everyone!

Wow this really sucks for Puget, I have toyed with the idea of building one of these for years!, I remember when Puget did the old tanks that sort of looked more like a normal fish tank with a rad on the back. Such a shame this happened, was all ready to finally start this project to. Hope Puget comes out of this on top, all the best.

With reference to the competition, I would be thrilled with either form factor, but preferably the MATX. :)

I would be more then happy to reseive one of these... the downside is that i live in Finland.

I am a Finnish modder and ive been thinking to build my own tank ( not anytime soon ) but i would be happy to get any of the size so i can build and mod a super quiet a hometheater pc with semi-passive cooling.

IT would be AWESOME and something that you really don't see in here...

I already have a mAtx build that I would love to see truly shine in the mineral oil.

I already have a mAtx build that I would love to see truly shine in the mineral oil.

I already have a MAtx build I would love to see shine in a mineral oil environment.

Trying to build up a portfolio of computers I've built for a side business would love to have this in there and would not mind buying the oil at all.

P.S.

Sorry about the trolls but what comes around goes around in the end.

Very interested on how it would affect Multi-GPU cards like a GTX295 for example.

Sad to see trolls ruin something so cool =\

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I love what you guys did, thank you so much for offering these up for the best holiday gift ever! Since you got called on some BS patent infringement would it be illegal to release the full schematics for the lexan in your kits? With access to a water jet people could continue your legacy in the privacy of our their own homes without the worry of legality issues. It would allow people who don't win the ultimate oil bath system to recreate it without having to do the measurements on their own. Side Note, If I am lucky enough to win one of these systems I am going to color the oil with a green flourecent dye used in aviation hydraulic systems and use blacklights as the main LED's. It will glow like the freakin sun!!!

I would love to, also I love your Faq on the aquarium pc's 

1. Dood! Put fishez in ur tank!!!1

Answer: No. They would die.

2. OK. No fish, but how about C:\HORSES ?

Answer: lol

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

I would love to have one of these kits. It would be the best Christmas present

Ps. I'm from California

Good luck to everyone and it really does suck that Puget is in this situation i hope sometime in the future we can see more mineral oil pc products from them. 

Size: Mini itx would be best for me :)