Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Wow, and I thought they were kidding when they said this project wasn't focused on profit. Now they're giving these kits away? Awesome! It's upsetting what happened to that part of the people at the company, but I don't know of any others that would give their products out like this. I don't think I could have ever been able to afford one before, but definitely count this as an entry. Building one of these would be a dream.

Guys that really sucks ive been watching this build since day one and i have always wanted to build one of these and this case would be perfect. I own a game store and also live stream i just built a new system to draw attention in my store to the live stream ive got a gtx 970 running nvidia surround on 3 24" monitors and a forth 20" for chat and obs. I'm not going to lie its hard for people coming in not to ask about the stream but having a pc like this would be the perfect set piece. Thank you guys for all of the content.

It's quite interesting to see that people are this interested in Mineral Oil PC's, and I'm glad I'm one of them! I'd prefer the M-ATX variant, but seeing eiher actually giving me a chance to build would be great!

It's so awesome of Puget Systems to be giving the 4 remaining kits away to the community. If I were to win, I'd prefer the M-ATX but the Mini-ITX version would also be just fine for my parts. :) 

Huge props to Puget for giving away the remaining cases.  I'd love to see someone use an AC unit to cool a mineral oil PC.  I know that regular coolant becomes too viscous to flow at lower temperatures, but maybe mineral oil plus some additive (anti-freeze?) would work.  Anyway, I'd be fine with either of the cases, though I'd prefer the m-atx.  Thanks for giving these cases away and making sure they're in the hands of enthusiasts.  I've personally been thinking of building a mineral oil PC ever since I saw the overview video of Luke's old PC, and I think the final product looks a lot cooler than your average water-cooled system.

Never heard of an oil cooled pc O.o It look a little bit strange but also awesome ;)

Dang. I wanted to do one for my next build. Hopefull i can win one.  ;)

That sucks; Puget makes fantastic products and I'd love to try my hand at making a mineral oil pc (running archlinux of course) . If I win, I'd love a m-atx but I'm fine with either ☺

it's a shame they aren't producing these anymore, i was looking to buy an itx case from then when i first started watching the mineral oil pc build log. 

didn't buy it because it was too expensive for me

I've always thought about potentially mineral oil cooling a pc just because its so cool! When you guys showed off Slick's pc, it looked pretty slick (pun intended) and I was prepared to invest the effort into making one. When the Mineral Oil build log came out, I was eager to see what you guys did to create the PC (or were using as the chassis). The system from Puget looked really sleek, and loved what you guys did with it, and I actually looked at the Puget site when you guys did your first build log. It was horrible news when I found out that they couldn't sell their systems anymore, and just outright mean for someone to call them out for patent issues. I wish Puget systems all the best, and hope they continue what they do, and maybe get back into mineral oil cooled PCs in the future.

Though I would absolutely love to win the oil PC kit, I do again give my full support for Puget systems, and ultimately posted for that reason. I don't know of anyone else that sells kits like this and hope that Puget can find a way around this bump in the road.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

It sucks that this is happening to Puget. But I would love to get my hands on a kit.

I have wanted to do a mineral oil pc for quite some time. I have been keeping an eye on Puget's site for the past year, following their kits out and saving my money to be able to get one. After hearing the news of them no longer being able to sell them due to patent issues, I am very sad! I already have an entire system ready to be put under oil, but not a tank/kit to put it in.

I would absolutely love a mATX kit and think it would be awesome to build the mineral oil PC and take it to Quakecon where I have seen a few others at.

Much love goes out to Puget, it is a hard thing to hear about what happened.

Desktop - 3930k | Rampage IV Extreme | 64gb Vengeance RAM | 256gb 840 Pro | 2x MSI 7870 | Corsair 900D | Creative SB Z | Sennheiser HD280 | Logitech G710+ | Razer Mamba | My salary's worth of water cooling.

Server/NAS - i5-4570 | Gigabyte Z97 Ud5h | 32gb Crucial 1600mhz | 500gb Samsung 850 evo | 4x 4tb WD Reds | Corsair H80 | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows 7 Pro |

Would love the MATX kit

I'm local in Burnaby so you can probably save on shipping!

Mineral Oil PC? Hmmmm very interesting project to complete if i win!

I'm sorry to hear of another instance of patent trolling still occurring today. I'd like to be entered, should I win, I'll happily, eagerly, document the build posting progress and final results in my own, linus-like manner! Thanks for offering such a cool giveaway and the continuing education to the community.

What if you wanted to run this system dry. Because i don't want the hassle of running a mineral oil system but it would still look awesome,

If this is not the case, I don't want one.

I would love the MATX like it were the last of the oil cooled dragons! ... honestly if i were to win it i would use it to build a "stick it to the troll" themed pc to support Puget Systems ...a little sunken HMS Discovery would be a wonderful touch i think !

post-128710-0-83518400-1418513255.jpg

Sounds like a cool idea, I'd like a chance to win. As for Puget. very sorry that happened to you guys.

Patent trolls really suck.  Mitx would be my preference.

Bummer about the patent trolling. This is why we can't have nice things.

To start off this is not an entry just a pictures about how my mineral oil design is going. I just finished sketching an ATX  MB so this is the pics of it so far. 

P.S I am doing this slow because 1. I have finals next week and 2. I'm just doing this for fun. post-168768-0-06162800-1418514381_thumb.post-168768-0-83590100-1418514397_thumb.post-168768-0-17275600-1418514404_thumb.post-168768-0-36724500-1418514391_thumb.