Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

That sucks that Puget is having to discontinue the cases. After i saw the video of Luke's I decided that I wanted to get one in a few years when I build a new PC and convert the old one to mineral oil. I'd be perfectly happy with either the MINI ITX or the MATX, I would need a new motherboard either way but that would still be cheaper than buying a new case.

I would buy that oil in a heartbeat if I won that case!!! I just ordered myself an i7-4790k and mITX ROG mobo for a christmas upgrade and it would look absolutely amazing in one of their beautiful cases. Ever since I saw the first video describing Luke's mineral PC long ago, I have always loved the idea. I would love to see one of these fall into my hands, I know it would make me finally buy that second graphics card for my SLI build I have always bounced around haha!

Also sad to hear about the patent wars, I hate to see pride over a patent that they couldn't sell... Sad to hear it but I hope that something great can come from it, maybe there will be a new design coming out soon or something even better! :)

I would love the puget give away, I would like to enter for the giveaway, also I have gone to linus tech for all my questions, this group has all the anwsers!!!

Really want to build one of these systems would be exited with either kit. Sorry about the patent trolling really is a shame.

So many good companies get screwed over by patent trolls. I would love a m-itx kit

I've been building desktops since I was 13 (now 21) and have fallen in love with the art of cable management and taking your build above and beyond to stand out from the rest. This mineral oil cooled system does just that. Honestly, I'm not even sure too many people know what this is haha. Being able to experience this type of build would be pretty remarkable on so many levels and, it would give me a reason to start a new build haha. My regards go out to Puget for the trouble they've been given for an awesome DIY design but I think its awesome that Linus and his crew are able to give four of these bad boys away. Lets just say I hope to be one of them haha. Keep up the awesome work Linus I appreciate it! 

Puget, I'm sorry that some people in this world are so desperate for money that they would pull this on you. I am however happy that it wasn't the main part of your business and that you can remain up and running. 

Maybe someday they will come around and you can begin selling again. 

With the sadness out of the way, I have been wanting to build one of these for quite a while and was planning on buying one in a few months for a project with my son, but since thats closed, I'm here to try my luck. I'm in for the MATX case.

Best of luck everyone :)

I would love for a chance to win a mini itx oil cooled build.  :)

Best of luck to Puget. 

I am sad to hear this. I was really looking forward to them getting their at full size kit back in stock. Sorry for your luck Puget.

I would like to enter for this drawing. The MATX would be preferable, but either would work.

Love the channel, keep up the awesome work linus!

IronHide v-4.0 - Current: 2700k (@5.0ghz), MSI Z77 GD65, G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2133, EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI, Asus Xonar DX 7.1, Kingston ssDNow 240GB Raid 0 SSD, WD Black 2TB Raid 0, Corsair Gold AX 1200, Corsair 800D (Customized), Custom watercooling loop.

SnoBot - In Progress: 4790k, EVGA Z97 Classified, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 2400, Galax GTX 980 HOF SLi, Creative Sound Blaster Z (Customized), Intel 730 480GB x 4 Raid 0, WD Black 3TB, Corsair AX 1200i, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe White (Customized), Custom Intel All-in-One Liquid Cooler, 

Sorry to hear it Puget, I really wish I could do a oil submerged build but I don't have the time! Oh well. Keep on keepin on Puget!

This seems so much fun to do. Yes a lot of work but, if you spend the money for a new graphics card 32gb of ram this could be the best machine ever.

I would like a microATX board if i win...

This is so cool!  The MATX kit would be awesome!  Puget, it is such a shame you guys can no longer sell, this is by far the coolest PC build, and it is definitely a dream to build and share one of these with friends and the internet!  So cool!

Wow can't believe LiquidCool Solutions patented your idea (even cited your work in non-patent citations section) and then wants you to pay royalties on your what you created! I have been following Puget Systems Mineral Oil PC builds since 2007 and definitely wanted to build one for myself in the future. Hopefully, you guys find away around these patents because I will never buy a mineral oil pc case from those scumbags! Can you sell individual parts, but not a whole kit to get around this?

Puget is a great company they don't have to deal with these silly patent trolls. I for one would love to have a mineral oil cooled pic preferably a mini atx one :DD

@nicklmg Will winners be notified in the thread or by PM? Just curious since i already posted my interest earlier.

Puget you guys are pretty awesome I hope the trolls get Rekt with your 360 mlg no scopes... Im not saying you are part of the illuminati but I see triangles... anyway if I won I would really like the mATX one so congrats to the winners!

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

were you inspired by their awesome kits?

yeah

Did they get you interested in mineral oil PCs?

Yes but it looks so dangerous that I won't try this

Are there any cool projects you would like to see them take on in the future?

making a bigger case for this project

Looks like a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm dedicated.

Will be building a mineral oil PC whether I lose or win.

I was going to order a kit from Puget, but was still in the process of planing out my build when the news hit, god i hate patent trolling

logo_med.png

A few weeks ago we received some VERY sad news - due to a patent troll, our friends at Puget Systems have been forced to cease production and sales on their awesome series of mineral oil PC starter kits (you can read more about what happened here). This hits pretty close to home for our company, as Puget's mineral oil systems piqued Luke's interest a few years ago, which eventually led to him building his own mineral oil system.

First off, we would like to thank Puget Systems for providing this awesome service to the community. As they have mentioned quite a few times in the past, this was a passion project for them more than anything else, and we are sad to see it end this way.

But now that we have the sad news out of the way, there is a pretty sweet silver lining for the Linus Tech Tips community...

Since they cannot sell the kits that they currently have in stock, Puget Systems is GIVING AWAY four of their remaining mineral oil PC kits to four lucky members of this community. There are three Mini ITX kits and one MATX kit available.

Unfortunately, this giveaway is only open to residents of the Continental United States and Canada. We wish we could give everyone in the world the mineral oil PC hook-ups, but it isn't feasible to ship these kits internationally :(

How do I enter?

Leave a comment below to enter in the draw. One comment (entry) per user. I have a feeling that Puget will be checking this thread periodically, so feel free to leave some positive words for them - were you inspired by their awesome kits? Did they get you interested in mineral oil PCs? Are there any cool projects you would like to see them take on in the future?

Also, please mention (in your comment) which variation of kit you would prefer if you are chosen as one of the lucky winners. This will NOT have an impact on winner selection, but it will make it easier to assign a kit to each winner.

Entries close December 18 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 19.

IMPORTANT NOTE

If you are lucky enough to win one of these kits, you MUST provide us with proof of purchase for mineral oil BEFORE the kit will be shipped to you. These are four of the last kits available from Puget, and they are only going to be given away to community members who are serious about building a mineral oil PC.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

EDIT: I've seen some concerns in the thread about getting the mineral oil by December 19. There will be a grace period of one week for winners to provide us with proof of purchase. Just reply and let us know that you will be purchasing the oil when you can, and forward the proper paperwork when it is available.

Hey my name is Michael aND I've been through a lot my pc was stolen and they broke my momotor screen and also stole 400$ paypAL I hope I can win this giveaway I mostly play games, I'm a gaming type of guy