[Build Log] -------- "MONOCHROME" --------

Jameswalt1

Damn! Here, a Titan Black Superclocked costs almost as much as a 295X2 lol

i threw it into a WS i was told to build for one of my mates half a year ago or so

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

i threw it into a WS i was told to build for one of my mates half a year ago or so

Was it air cooled or part of a custom watercooling loop?

Also, 500TH POST WOOT WOOT!

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Was it air cooled or part of a custom watercooling loop?

Also, 500TH POST WOOT WOOT!

Congrats :D ive got quite a way to go until i reach there :D

was on Air because of $ :(

Students usually do not shit money, especially living in their own flat ;D

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Congrats :D ive got quite a way to go until i reach there :D

was on Air because of $ :(

Students usually do not shit money, especially living in their own flat ;D

How can a student afford a Titan Black though? :)

Wealthy parents.... I hate those kids but at least he was on a budged considering the fact that he drives an audi tt and lives in a three-room flat in the fucking middle of Hamburg, without paying rent. Thats an expensive area fyi ;D

Question: What time is it in South California right now?

Main Rig:

-

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wealthy parents.... I hate those kids but at least he was on a budged considering the fact that he drives an audi tt and lives in a three-room flat in the fucking middle of Hamburg, without paying rent. Thats an expensive area fyi ;D

How am I supposed to know what time it is in South Cali? I'm from romania, not 'murica :)

SoCal is in the timezone PST, aka GMT / UTC -8.

it's now 13:25 (1:22 PM) here in Norway (GMT +1), and it's 4:25 AM in SoCal then.

Unveiling is in almost 6 hours!

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

SoCal is in the timezone PST, aka GMT / UTC -8.

it's now 13:25 (1:22 PM) here in Norway (GMT +1), and it's 4:25 AM in SoCal then.

Unveiling is in almost 6 hours!

thanks so ill see it when im home tomorrow morning -.-

Main Rig:

-

Obsidian 250D Build Log

GoN6rUK.jpg

Here's the case!

From new manufacturer HEX GEAR (WWW.HEX-GEAR.COM)  this is the R40, a premium mATX case. I made a lot of effort to do the case justice with my photos, and show that it truly is a high end piece of gear.

No matter what angle you look at it from the case is flawlessly sculpted, to the point of looking almost like a render. It's the kind of tasfeful, well made piece that wouldn't look out of place in a high end Swedish furniture catalog, it just oozes class.

The case is made from steel and aluminum - and comes in black and white (mine being black here). The front and rear acrylic inserts come standard in black on the white case and white on the black case, but color accent packs will be available to order so you can customize the color combination of your case. In my pictures you can see the white acrylic inserts but my final build will actually use silver inserts.

There will also be other modular items available for order, for example in my pictures you can see a shot of 4 smaller rectangular metal pieces with different shaped cutouts in each one - these are modular reservoir/pump mounts that are interchangable on the interior wall of the case. There are a ton of possibilities in this regard, another one being an add-on piece that allows the case to be constructed in a reverse mATX form!

CASE SPECS
- Materials: Aluminium | Steel | Acrylic
– Colours Available: Black | White
– Dimensions(WxDxH): 241.5 x 483 x 415
– Motherboard form factor: mATX
– 3.5" Drives: 2
– 2.5" Drives: 3
– Cooling: 6 x 120mm (3 x top 1 x rear 2 x bottom)
– PCI Slots: 5
– Suitable for air or watercooling

CONTENTS
– Screws and fixings
– 1 x white / black or white / steel vandal switch
– Motherboard standoffs
– Instruction manual
– Hex keys
– 90deg IEC adapter

Z3OyMQ7.jpg

2BhJZa3.jpg

IH4WXhe.jpg

8CnEYKo.jpg

Wz3r3kr.jpg

y2715s7.jpg

RSb5QNf.jpg

yL2IULR.jpg

5ZpeCQM.jpg

nRr9z8a.jpg

6HsUONs.jpg

uF9nnSs.jpg

KAgWFOw.jpg

cvkTBgI.jpg

PuoZgtA.jpg

DFbMhI2.jpg

WRkewo1.jpg

tKeww3x.jpg

FKOXGex.jpg

GQSiKNV.jpg

bavVJZY.jpg

h5FUFZp.jpg

naqONb1.jpg

BDjkni2.jpg

OkUztJk.jpg

NoDceAL.jpg

qBr4yal.jpg

WuxEuJd.jpg

WNNxefo.jpg

P8fNPon.jpg

d3axx7F.jpg

z2ldJKI.jpg

ZqSTUA2.jpg

kGTRl6Q.jpg

zpLgOU2.jpg

ven3bQu.jpg

vVfsd2f.jpg

sfNPt1U.jpg

IYEkzjs.jpg

Z0oqare.jpg

CMVENHX.jpg

nWB1bps.jpg

VQ2HYKA.jpg

tH3KDJi.jpg

gNPc2oX.jpg

vNBZMtM.jpg

oNqhDg8.jpg

auFZ1ZL.jpg

BOpcnOd.jpg

yySSeNf.jpg

WQuX71k.jpg

xDjLfJ8.jpg

0tOJqGn.jpg

lw3XHUO.jpg

YGzY1qS.jpg

xOGsaqe.jpg

@Jameswalt1 That is a pretty damn nice case 

Have they announced when they would allow preorder for case? 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

It is a beautiful case but it doesn't tickle my fancy sadly... Perhaps a build finished in the case might change my mind. :P

It is a beautiful case but it doesn't tickle my fancy sadly... Perhaps a build finished in the case might change my mind. :P

I feel the same. It's beautiful, but I don't have the hots for it. Still excited for this build log though. I hope that case will allow you an easy build. More pictures of the interior!

Apparently my phone didn't load the updated post. That case looks beautiful.

Wow. Yeah I'm not disappointed with this.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

GoN6rUK.jpg

Here's the case!

From new manufacturer HEX GEAR (WWW.HEX-GEAR.COM)  this is the R40, a premium mATX case. I made a lot of effort to do the case justice with my photos, and show that it truly is a high end piece of gear.

No matter what angle you look at it from the case is flawlessly sculpted, to the point of looking almost like a render. It's the kind of tasfeful, well made piece that wouldn't look out of place in a high end Swedish furniture catalog, it just oozes class.

The case is made from steel and aluminum - and comes in black and white (mine being black here). The front and rear acrylic inserts come standard in black on the white case and white on the black case, but color accent packs will be available to order so you can customize the color combination of your case. In my pictures you can see the white acrylic inserts but my final build will actually use silver inserts.

There will also be other modular items available for order, for example in my pictures you can see a shot of 4 smaller rectangular metal pieces with different shaped cutouts in each one - these are modular reservoir/pump mounts that are interchangable on the interior wall of the case. There are a ton of possibilities in this regard, another one being an add-on piece that allows the case to be constructed in a reverse mATX form!

CASE SPECS

- Materials: Aluminium | Steel | Acrylic

– Colours Available: Black | White

– Dimensions(WxDxH): 241.5 x 483 x 415

– Motherboard form factor: mATX

– 3.5" Drives: 2

– 2.5" Drives: 3

– Cooling: 6 x 120mm (3 x top 1 x rear 2 x bottom)

– PCI Slots: 5

– Suitable for air or watercooling

CONTENTS

– Screws and fixings

– 1 x white / black or white / steel vandal switch

– Motherboard standoffs

– Instruction manual

– Hex keys

– 90deg IEC adapter

- saddest snip ever - those pics didn't deserve to be snipped - but there were too many

Y8mIJ2G.gif

That black case would look so sexy with a red or blue accent thing. But that would ruin the whole "monochrome" thing wouldn't it... 

Congrats on that sponsor though. That thing is amazing. 

Any news on pricing and availability?

edit: Found you on their page!

gk5Z9QK.png

They were right about you being great with photography, they're even using your pics on their site!

CPH02ox.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Are you modding this? or just building into it? Interested to see its modding potential. I'm sure B-NEG will be havinga  good crack at it, hopefully I can find his build log.

I wish the side panel was on the same plane as the extrusions, not sunken in. I also would have liked t see the 'feet' made of aluminium instead of plexi/acrylic.

Max stock rad capacity seems to be a 360 in the roof, 240 on the floor, if you can seat the rads up into the frame then looks like youd be limited to thin (30mm) rads, if you cant the rads are really going to encroach on the interior space. I'd say that a 360 and 240 rad @ 30mm would be the minimum I would want on an X99 and 2x Titan Z's... Interested to see these evolve. 

Are you modding this? or just building into it? Interested to see its modding potential. I'm sure B-NEG will be havinga  good crack at it, hopefully I can find his build log.

All the active build logs are linked here. B.Negative is included.

http://www.hex-gear.com/2014/12/hexgear-worklogs/

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

All the active build logs are linked here. B.Negative is included.

http://www.hex-gear.com/2014/12/hexgear-worklogs/

Unless i'm missing something no links to the actual Hex builds, just previous work build logs.

EDIT: my bad just B-Negs and C.333 not up yet.

@Jameswalt1 That is a pretty damn nice case 

Have they announced when they would allow preorder for case?

nice!!!! cant find a price for the case?

Should be available for pre order very soon... Pricing will be under £199 - which is pretty great! US availability also soon.

I wish the side panel was on the same plane as the extrusions, not sunken in. I also would have liked t see the 'feet' made of aluminium instead of plexi/acrylic.

Max stock rad capacity seems to be a 360 in the roof, 240 on the floor, if you can seat the rads up into the frame then looks like youd be limited to thin (30mm) rads, if you cant the rads are really going to encroach on the interior space. I'd say that a 360 and 240 rad @ 30mm would be the minimum I would want on an X99 and 2x Titan Z's... Interested to see these evolve.

I haven't decided yet, I kind of really want to just do an awesome really clean build in the case, as a promotional piece. We'll see, and given that all of the panels are separate and flat it would be so easy to mod and make new panels :)

It fits 40mm rads in the chambers and fans go on the interior. Plenty of room!